• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

Lost Sheep,

If you love a woman and believe that she is the one for you, go with it. Don't be afraid to love. Relationships are learning experiences, we learn as we go.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have found the following scripture to be of value in accepting my circumstances, even if I find the situation distressing and am concerned about a perceived lack of fruitfulness;

Luke 22:42 NIV "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

i had my own standards to what i believed in gods word as i looked at king davids life and i looked at sampson he was a strong man and god worked threw sampson in a power full way yet sampson was attracted to other women and god did not take his powers of him because he slept with non believers his down fal was delilah as she learnt his secret but before he died god worked threw sampson one more time and the strength he lost came back to him to do one little thing

my new partner is pastor i took her for who she is i did not give her 3o questions to answer to see weather she is going to be right for me

(off topic)

God gave Samson over to sin because he kept chasing it, it was only a matter of time before Delilah caused Samson to sever the symbol of the vow he made between him and God, which was his hair. His hair was not the actual power. When he saw that his hair was cut, his eyes were opened and he realized the seriousness of the situation he was in. He realized how far his sin had gone, at that point. His faith in his hair, and not God, is what caused his downfall. Hair is fallible.

God is infallible.

On topic(speaking of Nazarenes):

Lost.Sheep,

You could consider it a blessing and give it up to God, like a personal gift offering. Don't make a permanent vow. Some people make a vow for a year or two years, like some Nazarene vows.

Paul made a hair vow(temporary purification one)

On the other hand, 1 Timothy 4:1-3.

You should just pray on this and do what God tells you to do.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Life is so much better if we can just live by faith. Keep it simple. Trust God with all your heart. Lean not upon your own understanding. And be thankful for all that you do have.

It is absolutely amazing how happy we can be and how good life can be when we LOOSE all things to Him, leave it at the foot of the cross, unburden ourselves of all our wants, and trust in the LORD.

It is very easy to bind things to ourselves. We can pray over and over and yet in not releasing the issue into God's hands we just go round and round binding it tighter and tighter to ourselves rather than opening ourselves to God's power and work.

Releasing our desires and trusting God is so powerful and freeing that it cannot be described in human words.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

Again, praying for you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Lost sheep God will send you the right women and the right time.

Praying for you.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I see your problem as this:

and because of the seriousness with which I regard marriage in accordance with Scripture

Marriage is a coming together of two humans, that God made. Scripture is our personal guide to being christian.

You might very well marry an atheist, and God will still allow you into heaven as a Good Christian.

All you need to do is find a gal that is Christian, and who trys to be a better person and that's all you need.

Just my humble opinion.

That may well be my problem, but my Lord and my God has revealed in His Word the following, which I believe to be true and for my ultimate benefit;

2 Corinthians 6:14 NIV Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Matthew 5:37 NIV Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Matthew 19:3-8 NIV They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

1 Corinthians 7:2-3,10-11 NIV But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Ephesians 5:25-28 NIV Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

I agree with you. You should marry a believer, You should keep your marriage vows, You should not divorce, and you should love your wife.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I see your problem as this:

and because of the seriousness with which I regard marriage in accordance with Scripture

Marriage is a coming together of two humans, that God made. Scripture is our personal guide to being christian.

You might very well marry an atheist, and God will still allow you into heaven as a Good Christian.

All you need to do is find a gal that is Christian, and who trys to be a better person and that's all you need.

Just my humble opinion.

That may well be my problem, but my Lord and my God has revealed in His Word the following, which I believe to be true and for my ultimate benefit;

2 Corinthians 6:14 NIV Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Matthew 5:37 NIV Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Matthew 19:3-8 NIV They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

1 Corinthians 7:2-3,10-11 NIV But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Ephesians 5:25-28 NIV Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

I agree with you. You should marry a believer, You should keep your marriage vows, You should not divorce, and you should love your wife.

:th_wave::cool: Honey you can have children until well into the eighties, don't be in a rush. I had my first child at 43yrs, it wa a miracle.

What does God want for you right now?

He will give you the desire of your heart but what else does that scripture state?

as a virtuous women ..yes they are rare, I use to get marraige proposals by overzealous men that thought Jesus was telling them to marry all the time...I knew better, and I am still single anyway.

Give that intact part to God for further use as He, Jesus .sees the timing to be correct for you. You do urinate out of it so it is in use. :( patricia1 I better go to sleep!!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Why are you so sure that your ability to procreate is not going to be needed in the future. What would you say to a woman, whom god brings before you; who is perfect in every way. Her strengths are your weaknesses, your strengths are her weaknesses. Everything is in perfect balance and you find her physically and mentally irresistable. But, she wants to have a baby. Why would you be against it?

And to bring another point. Why is it important that if we posess a quality or ability. That we need to use it. I'm sure Paul was able to have children but chose a different path for his life. He didn't struggle with the fact that he was still able to have relations with a woman but had no intention of doing so.

I am a 35 year old male who is (I'll put it this way for the forum) "physically intact".

While I would like to have a family, I have never really had someone who could be called a "girlfriend", and because of the seriousness with which I regard marriage in accordance with Scripture, I would not enter into it lightly, nor marry outside the faith.

And this is where the problems start. Because I am not inclined to lower my standards below those set in Scripture, and due to my late interest and the fact that there is a lack of "eligible" women, it would appear that the likelihood of myself being a party to pro-creation in an effort to raise a family appears to be zero.

This is the reason why I have a question.

There are many already married Christian couples who would dearly love to have children and raise a family, but due to one or the other parties not being "physically intact", they are unable to conceive.

What I can't understand is why I have been allowed to be (and remain) "physically intact" when it appears that there is no reason for me to be so, while there are many who do have a suitable relationship with a real need who would be in a position to benefit enormously from what in my case appears to be redundant.

In simpler terms, why do I have something I can't use, when others who want it, don't?