• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

But, when a brother falls, do you pray for him?

Sure i do. But i don't consider Oral Roberts or his son, or Earnst Angley brothers. No brother/christian would do such a thing to other christians.

I believe they are as lost and unsaved as charlie manson!

Before we pull a splinter out of our brother's eye, have we pulled out the log in our own? Jesus said to confront sin to the person, but not to each other. And what about God's call for us to show mercy? Is it merciful to talk behind the man's back? Or in our "confronting sin," are we gossiping and slandering? What would we rather see - the man repent, or the man going to Hell? If he were to read this, what would he think we would prefer?

IF the man is going to hell, then he isn't a brother!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Sorry, but I'm not supporting any preacher who will not repent after saying God wants cash or he's gonna "off" him.

Does God "off" people?

Gansta' God. :emot-highfive:

I think there is a very fine line, a very fine line, between discussing an issue and gossping about someone...Every one of us has crossed it at one time or another.

yes he does.

he offs people that become a problem to the spreading of his word

Guest Biblicist
Sorry, but I'm not supporting any preacher who will not repent after saying God wants cash or he's gonna "off" him.

Does God "off" people?

Gansta' God. :emot-highfive:

I think there is a very fine line, a very fine line, between discussing an issue and gossping about someone...Every one of us has crossed it at one time or another.

yes he does.

he offs people that become a problem to the spreading of his word

:grin: And yet...

Guest walkinginhumility

God is the judge of all things and he and he only knows the "heart" of a man. We (man) look on the outside. God judges the heart. Remember, with what measure you judge, you will be judged. Matthew 7:2 And we are to only use God's word as the standard by which to judge...The word of God says "you shall know them by their fruit..." Matthew 7:16; Matthew 12:33; Luke 6:44. It doesn't mean that we are to "kill" a person's integrity or name. Thy shall not kill is not just a commandment on taking the physcial life of an individual. Remember, if you are a child of the Most High God, he has commanded us to love our neighbor as ourself. Let's show ORU students, faculty and staff...and yes, even members of Richard Robert and his family the love of Christ. And let us pray for the strength to endure through what has to be a very difficult time in their life. Let us pray for them, rather than ridicule. Are we more or less righteous than the Pharisees?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But, when a brother falls, do you pray for him?

Sure i do. But i don't consider Oral Roberts or his son, or Earnst Angley brothers. No brother/christian would do such a thing to other christians.

I believe they are as lost and unsaved as charlie manson!

OK - so are you prayig for their salvation?

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear (1 Timothy 5:20)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Are we more or less righteous than the Pharisees?

Did Jesus' appease the sin of the pharisees or any sin?? I think not. Sin has consequences no matter who it is, believer or non-believer. Better to expose the sin of a "professed believer" and save the soul when one is walking in it.

Hit the nail on the head! :)

:)

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalms 13:5-6

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

All we have now is an accusation. Nothing has been confirmed. I am also concerned because those making the accusation chose to bring litigation in the public courts. This in my opinion, does not square with what Paul commanded us:

Does any of you who has a complaint against someone dare go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels-- not to speak of things pertaining to this life? So if you have cases pertaining to this life, do you select those who have no standing in the church to judge? I say this to your shame! Can it be that there is not one wise person among you who will be able to arbitrate between his brothers? Instead, brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers! Therefore, it is already a total defeat for you that you have lawsuits against one another. Why not rather put up with injustice? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you act unjustly and cheat-- and this to brothers!

1 Corinthians 6:1-9 HCSB

According to Paul, we should not be bringing disagreements with brothers / sisters in Christ to public courts. It would be better (according to Paul) to suffer injustice than to publically fight among ourselves. I think part of the reason is what Jesus said should characterize His followers to those that do not believe:

I give you a new commandment: love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 13:34-35 HCSB

According to Jesus, it is our love for each other that will be most attractive to the unsaved. When we take other believers to court, we do not demonstrate this love, but only that we can't settle agreements with each other. They see hate, not love.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

This thread is a classic demonstration of Christian attitude. Many christians sit back and look for an opportunity to judge other Christians. So many people on here actually are seething, hoping the allegations are true. They are not praying for their Christian brother in time of trouble. They are not waiting to see if the allegations are confirmed or refuted. They are sitting back as vultures, ready to tear the flesh of a wounded Christian brother. This thread is a classic example of christians waiting for their brother to stumble so they can jump on top of the brother and finish him off. What ever happened to helping our brother in need? We as Christians should uplift ans support our brother in his time of need. The attitude on here is almost sickening. So many on here obviously hope the allegations are true. There are many on here who most obviously would like to see O.R.U. cease to exist and the ministry of Richard Roberts crumble.

There are ministries I do not agree with. I pray for them, not sit back and wish for their demise. Recently a prominent Southern Baptist National Leader encouraged his members to pray for misfortunes and callamity to befall his enemies. He quoted some of David's prayers from the Psalms asking for destruction and dessimatio of his enemies. What was my attitude toward this minister? Pray for him. I do not want his ministry ruined. I want his ministry restored.

There are people on these boards that seem to harbor hate for their bretheren of different denominations. It sickens me that so many sit back waiting for their brother to stumble, so they can stick the knife in and twist it. I am by no means one who quotes "Judge not, lest ye be judged." That scripture is over used and taken way past its context. However, some Christians should realize that by the standard they judge other, so will they be judged. When the Christian that is always helping his brother, kind, loving, picking up his brother in need does stumble; people will treat him as he has treated them. When the self righteous hypocrite stumbles, his peers will be hoovering about; waiting to deliver the death blow.

I know what you are trying to say hr.jr, but you are also talking to yourself when you put it the way you did. We should all re-read what we post prior to hitting the "add reply" button.

I read what I said. I am talking to myself? I follow the admonition I gave. I do not try to bring down other ministers. I do not attack other ministries. I support ministers in time of trouble. I do not criticize from a distance and wish for their demise.