T.V. Preachers who steal in the name of God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Look how many T.V. so-called Pastors are falsely claiming to do God's work, but instead are stealing from the poor.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

all i can see hear is the post you left with out you explaining this so others can post

what you should be doing is praying for those that do do good as there are some that rort Innocent people but what i look at is the message that is preached and i go by the way the holy spirit leads me i do not donate at all and i know of several that are doing good my partner is a pastor in the Philippines and she was singing in Benny hinn Choir when he was over there

i am a born again Christian my self and i am pretty aware that there are scams out their but from what i have heard from what this man has done is only on the good news i get i was told and saw this hear in Australia were Benny hinn helped a young girl out in one of his crusades she lost her father she lost her mother and was looking after the brother and her sister and she attended his crusade and Benny jinn asked every single pastor to give out of their hearts they gave her enough to wear she was able to pay back rent over due bills and move out of the area she was in into a better and safer environment and i cant see how that by what Benny hinn did is miss leading the poor

as i asked my partner weather this guy is scamming or is he on the ball and she said she saw none of this as most of her leadership team wear involved in the crusade he did

he has shelters set up for the orphans and these shelters he has set up what ever donations he gets goes to wards getting these shelters runing wear their is food wear there is blankets and clothes for the orphans

as my partner also has an orphanage next to the main church and this man showed her how to set it up to wear she is able to get sponcer ship for the orphans that are in her care and he also showed her how to also set up a school to were these orphans can get a better head start in life and several people from with in his ministry support her and sponcer some of the orphans

my main concern is the scams that are coming from Nigeria were Nigerians pretend to be Christians and scam Innocent Christians it happened to me and i lost a lot of money i thought i was helping out a pastor to only find out he was not a pastor and then a female missionary who was not when i did some searching my self

i think god wil be watching close and i think god is aware and i think its up to god to act as you should now we are all held accountabel for what we do and say while we are alive on this earth and we will have to give acount to god on judgment day and i think these tv preachers are aware and know for them selves that they will face god

just use commen sence see i judged benny hinn harshley my self and it was when i did a bit of seerch and found people that would talk openly to me i was able to find out the truth about this man and he does have a good heart i am not sticking up for him but i am sharing from my own research on this man

i listen to what he has to preach and before i listen i pray and i aks the holy spirit to bring in the truth to what he is preaching and i have a note pad next to me and i have my own bible as well and if the holy spirit tells me to stop i will listen to the holy spirits guidance

i have learnt know not to judge but do a bit of digging and a lot of re search we have the internet know and his can open many door when you are doing a profile search on some one you no nothing about

ok this is 1 cents worth blessings from your brother in the lord damo1 damien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

We have a country full of gutless denominational and non-denominational churches that don't want to rock the boat. That goes for other important issues as abortion, basic (Biblical) human rights, apostacy in the church, sexual morality, sin, etc. The majority complacent crowd do not want to defend their faith, it would cost them part or all of their earthly comforts. Persecution is not on the agenda of things to do. We'll just leave that up to the opressed around the world. After all, since we are Americans were better than evetyone else, aren't we?

Having said this I can set back and wait for replies from people that I'm judging a specific person or persons. All I'm am doing is writing about things I SEE and HEAR. God is the Judge of all. Unless this country doesn't get back in proper fellowship with God amd repent of our nonchalant Christianity, HE will judge us and find us wanting. Their are good people out their declaring this on a daily basis. They are treated like the prophets of the old testament, as religious kooks.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Look how many T.V. so-called Pastors are falsely claiming to do God's work, but instead are stealing from the poor.

I guess the only dishonest preachers are the ones on TV? I guess that being on TV automatically makes one dishonest?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

We must be very wise in who we listen to. If a preacher teaches anything that isn't found in the Bible then turn him off or tune him out. The biggest problem I see with TV preachers, is that they reach a huge audience and many people just don't know their Bible well enough to recoognize false doctrine. Whenever there is a scandle with one of these "big name" preachers it really reflects on all of Christianity and can cause so many to stumble. We just need to be careful of who we listen to, whether it is on television or from the pulpit of our local church.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

We must be very wise in who we listen to. If a preacher teaches anything that isn't found in the Bible then turn him off or tune him out. The biggest problem I see with TV preachers, is that they reach a huge audience and many people just don't know their Bible well enough to recoognize false doctrine. Whenever there is a scandle with one of these "big name" preachers it really reflects on all of Christianity and can cause so many to stumble. We just need to be careful of who we listen to, whether it is on television or from the pulpit of our local church.

<>< ><>

Nathele

We do need to be careful of all teachers today and the way to test them is, as you stated, with aligning their words with God's words. However, so many of us don't study from the Bible but take the words of their teachers (a snippet here and a snippet there) and believe it is Father's Word.

I think that if we studied more we would understand that the "seed" so many of the television evangelist ask for is money when the "seed" Christ talks about is the seed of truth, the seed of His word we should sow in this world.

I hate to see good people taken advantage of by so-called Christians. God tells us the teachers and preachers will face judgement first.

........Whirlwind

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

This has been covered over and over again on these boards. This was brought to my attention when I first started visiting here and then began to look for myself at several televangelists. I was disgusted and the more I see in researching, the more disgusted I become. Like someone else mentioned before, however, someone being on tv doesn't necessarily mean that they are preching something contrary to Scripture. The scope of those who do, however, is nearly overwhelming. I tend to get so caught up in attempting to expose false doctrine that I can loose sight of the truth. That's a vicious trap. We must know the Word and be aware that there are numerous wolves in sheep's clothing and not be taken captive by their hollow and deceptive theology.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

This has been covered over and over again on these boards. This was brought to my attention when I first started visiting here and then began to look for myself at several televangelists. I was disgusted and the more I see in researching, the more disgusted I become. Like someone else mentioned before, however, someone being on tv doesn't necessarily mean that they are preching something contrary to Scripture. The scope of those who do, however, is nearly overwhelming. I tend to get so caught up in attempting to expose false doctrine that I can loose sight of the truth. That's a vicious trap. We must know the Word and be aware that there are numerous wolves in sheep's clothing and not be taken captive by their hollow and deceptive theology.

Those wolves wear some very fancy sheep's clothing.

I used to watch them to learn (for a very short time), then after I truly learned in other places I did as you and would occasionally watch to see what lies, (false doctrine), were being told. It became too difficult to watch.

It isn't so much their antics but to see the audience falling for it hook, line and sinker was very disheartening.

...........Whirlwind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

i go by these principals when it comes to TV preachers and as i said in the first post i posted on this topic i have my bible next to me i am grounded in gods word and i have also had some good teachers who sowed into my life to wear i am able to pick out a wolf or some one trying to pretend he is hearing from god i never send money to these guys yet i am sponsoring a 10 yr old orphan threw my partner who lives in the Philippines she has an orphanage set up next to the main church and these kids also get education as well while they are under my partners care

i know that my money is going to good use and i know this little child i am sponsoring is being well looked after and i will continue to support her even when she is a teen ager as i will not have it to were she is ever struggling in life the same support my own child gets and attention is also given to the girl that i have gotten to know and she has one my heart in such a big way

Benny hinns helped my partner set this orphanage up and showed her how to get sponsor ship and also to wear these kids can be taught an education so when some one does some thing like this i don't see what harm is being done when it is being done to support a group that would have been left in the dark and to wear kids would still to this day be living in the streets or were ever they can settle

these are the verses i have marked down in my own bible and as Christians we do have the right to test weather it is a TV preacher or some one leading from the pulpit as one person hear said these men and women who teach and who lead and who correct will all face god on judgment day and they are judged more harshly than us

John 4

1 beloved believe not every spirit but prove the spirits whether they are of god because many false prophets are gone out into the world

John 2

27 And as for you the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you and yee need not that any one teach you but as his anointing teacheth you concerning all things and is true and is no lie and even as it taught you ye abide in him

see this is not taught and it should be apart of a new Christians walk wear they are lead to study gods word to ground them selves into gods word and when ever they are in church have a note pad with your own bible next to you and write down for your self what you hear preached from the pulpit and then come back to gods word when you come home and seek the holy spirits guidance to bring the truth of what you hear being preached weather it be your pastor youth pastor prophet or Evangelist always test gods word and never depend on man as man often lets us down but gods living word never lets us down

see my mentor taught me to learn from gods word to allow it to breath in me and he said the more i study his word the more grounded and alert i become that even means mans doctrine that he trays to pass on to us Jesus never did this with the disciples he taught them the basics of gods living word and they were always with him and he said what i can do you can do the same and often Jesus encouraged them in love and in gentleness he did not say pay attention to me as i am gods son and i am number one or he did not hold them back like most do and i have seen this wear Christians are held back from moving forward as all they need to know is the pastor or who ever it is is right and need not to question gods word

these are my seven steps i use when i am judging a prophet or some one speaking and saying its god speaking to the church

1 by their fruit

2 does this glorify god

3 does it Agree with the scriptures

4 are there prophecies fulfilled

5 not all prophecies are off god

6 do the prophecies produce liberty or bondage ?

7 the anointing of god is in me which is the scripture i gave you from John 2 verse 27

being on my own i have had a lot of time to read and i love reading gods word and books i find that will lift me and build me up and educate me

if we use comen sense with out judgment on these preachers and always have gods living word next to us which is the bible how can the bible miss lead us ?

lot of lonely people listen to these guys because their is no church near them or the churches near them do not bother to reach out to those that are lonely so how can a person who is not in a church and some one who has not got the support like we do going to know weather they are being miss led when it comes to TV preachers preaching gods word to a world wide audience

the church has got a lot to blame for as well if you are going to just judge TV preachers hear in my street alone thee is a lot of elderly people living on there own lot of young people as well i have gotten to know most of my neighbors and i have been able to prevent the Mormons from miss leading people and i am now dealing with the Jehovah wittiness

do we care for those who live next to us do we do what we can to stop wolves coming into our own street to wear they can not take advantage of the weak ?

this is why i leave it up to god to deal with the false and the wolves that are among us

billy graham is an evengalist are we going to judge him harshly because all he wants to do is spread gods word i love this man and i log on to his web sight as much as i can so if we are going to lay harsh judgments on tv preachers my question to you should this man fall in that list ?

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Those wolves wear some very fancy sheep's clothing.

I used to watch them to learn (for a very short time), then after I truly learned in other places I did as you and would occasionally watch to see what lies, (false doctrine), were being told. It became too difficult to watch.

It isn't so much their antics but to see the audience falling for it hook, line and sinker was very disheartening.

...........Whirlwind

Yeah, me too. I watch Charles Stanley and listen to a few others online but that's about it, other the my local church obviously

damo1, are you endorsing Benny Hinn and Billy Graham?