GloryToGod!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

All I can say is that I made a personal decision to tithe a few years back. It is my way to acknowledge God's provision to me and I tithe to the church I attend. When it came to figuring out the tithe, I took the amount I actually received (after tax) and added back on any deductions that were to my personal benefit. This is the amount I used to calculate my tithe. I know of no right way per say. This worked for me. I have found tithing to be a real blessing to me. I didn't want my heart to get greedy and I wanted to always acknowledge God in my finances. Doing this keeps me focused on the bigger picture...He owns it all anyways. For me, tithing is the right thing to do and a way for me to thank God. It's been a tremendous blessing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Another thing to consider, too, is not all of our giving has to be to the church we attend. To be sure, we need to support our local fellowship, but we can also give to missionaries and such. If a family in you neighborhood looses their house to fire, give them some food or clothing. My husband and I purchase some DVD's for evangelism and give them away to people. Time spent in a "soup kitchen" counts too.

As stated above, everything belongs to God. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. It really needs to be our joy to share our blessings with others.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I have no problem with giving to the church we attend. I think we should financially support our spiritual leaders with offerings BUT I do have a problem with calling them "tithes". If you are going to use the Biblical term "tithe" then you need to follow the Biblical procedures and guidelines of the "tithe".

Guest brother in the lord
I don't see why it would be any different now. The church still needs to pay its pastors and meet expenses. And we still need to be reminded that all our money is God's, but He only asks for His 10%. And He will make our 90% go farther than if we kept the 100%.

Is there any place where it says it's changed?

Nope. At least, I have never found any scripture telling us that we don't need to tithe. I can think of a scripture where Jesus was standing, with the Disciples, near the offering bowl (for a lack of a better word) when a poor woman put in a coin. Jesus stated that she had put in more then the rich, for she gave all she had. Giving back only 10% is the least we should do.

You said "I have never found any scripture telling us that we don't need to tithe."

first Malachi was not written to the church it was written to Isreal the priest were robbing God read all of the book of Malachi, also apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written. Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. verse 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: fot it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree. The tithe was for the levi priest as their portion they were not to have land it is under the law of Moses. most that promote tithes say that sence Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek in Genesis 14 and this was before the law of Moses we still have to give. WELL Abraham only gave the one time he also gave of the spoils not his own as we see in the book oh Heberews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. apostle Paul wrote how to give in 2 Corinthinas 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give: not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. Now I would like to address the poor widow tossing in her last cent, I believe that Jesus was comending this act he was heart broken because all the way through the Bible we are told to take care of the stranger, and fatherless, and widows, she should not have had to give her last cent if they were taking care of her. The scripture before in Mark 12 we see the lord is warning of the Scribes which devour widows houses Mark 12:38-44 be blessed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

amen brother

I don't see why it would be any different now. The church still needs to pay its pastors and meet expenses. And we still need to be reminded that all our money is God's, but He only asks for His 10%. And He will make our 90% go farther than if we kept the 100%.

I don't think God has changed. :emot-pray:

I know from personal experience that tithing works. God is faithful, and the blessings are tremendous. The 90% that's left goes farther than the 100% ever did.

Try it: you'll be amazed at what God will do!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

I don't think God has changed. :)

I know from personal experience that tithing works. God is faithful, and the blessings are tremendous. The 90% that's left goes farther than the 100% ever did.

Amen!!! Yon can't out give God. :thumbsup:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

:)

OK, I'm probably going to bother some with my answer. I love the Old Testament. I do not see any reason why some feel there is a line of separation between parts of the Bible though...

Amen Brother Amen!

It's Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Psalms 40:70

In Stereo!

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Hebrews 10:7

Oh How I Love The Bible! Oh How I Long To Meet My Brothers And Sisters I Find In It!

...Bottom line? You don't have anything that is yours. All you have is Gods and that is all you need.

:thumbsup:

What A Kick!

He Gives Us Everything We Have Including Each Breath We Draw.

And Then We Have Stuff To "Give Back" To Our Abba!

And Then He Gives Us More Stuff And Then We Have More Stuff To "Give Back" To Him And Then.... :):20::emot-argh:

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7

As If That Isn't Hilarious Enough, Our Daddy Then Somehow Banks It For Us!

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

Sometimes I Weep When I See The Needs Of My Family-In-Christ And I Know I Do Not Have The Means To Meet Them.

But God Has Given Us Himself As A Mighty Source Of Strength And Wealth For Our Dear Ones!

We Have But To Pray.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 7:6-11

Oh What A Comfort He Is!

Wonderful Subject Wealth! :emot-argh::emot-argh::24:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

"The early Church had no tithing system. The tithes of the Old Testament were regarded as abrogated by the law of Christ

Guest brother in the lord

I don't think God has changed. :rolleyes:

Amen!!! Yon can't out give God. :whistling:

Youre right you can't out give God, But let me ask you do to TEST God? of course not. well in the 10th verse of Malachi 3 we see God saying try me and see if I wont open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing, we don't try God we trust God. Don't get me wrong if you feel you need to give 10% praise God, maybe the Lord will put on your heart to give the 90% I don't believe that the Lord would want someone who only had enought to get by on to give more then they could afford to support a man so he can have a better house and car then you. That would make God a respector of persons, and he 's not. be blessed