IGNORED

Magog and Armageddon

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

This thread is started to clear up some confusion from another thread where the poster claims that the Magog war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 and Armageddon are the same war.

The are not for the following reasons:

• In the Armageddon war, ALL nations of the world are arrayed in Battle and surround Jerusalem to destory her.

• Gog is the chief of the coalition of the various armies during his invasion; however the beast Beast of Revelation is at leads the invasion at Armageddon.

• At Armageddon, the sun and the moon are darkened but no such occurance is recorded in the Magog war.

• Gog is depicted in the Bible as being from the north, while the armies of Israel's enemies come from out of the whole earth to do battle at Armageddon

• During the Magog war, the western powers that do not participate lodge a protest against Gog; however there is no such protest of the Armageddon war, because even the nations that protested the Magog war will join with the rest of the nations and the Beast of Revelation in an attempt to bring the final destruction of Jerusalem.

• Gog comes to take the spoil of Israel while at Armageddon the nations of the earth are assembled for the express and singular purpose of destorying Israel and the Jewish people once and for all.

• The coalition of armies at the Magog war are seen in the fields out side of Jerusalem. But the nations of the world, in Zechariah 14, are depicted as only surrounding Jerusalem.

• Gog's forces are annihilated on the mountains and in the valleys and it will take seven months for the Israelis to bury them all. The Beast and his forces are waxed out in the city of Jerusalem itself at the second coming of Christ

• The Gog war is not ended by the second coming. The armies of the world will be destroyed by the second coming when Christ Himself returns to rescue Jerusalem/Israel from annihilation. Christ appears nowhere in the description of the Magog war.

• At the war of Armageddon, the river Eurphrates will have be dried up for armies to cross over into Israel. This does not occur during the Magog war.

There are simply too many differences for anyone to think that the Magog war and Armageddon are the same war.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Very good break down on the differences Shiloh! :)

Guest shiloh357
I've never heard the term "magog war" before this thread, and it's certainly not a Biblical term
Neither is Christmas, Trinity and Grandfather. Your point here is irrelevant. I simply use the term "magog war" as a simple, shorthand method of reference when I distinguish it from Armageddon.

1) Armageddon, immediately before the return of Christ, at the conclusion of the Tribulation; 2) the "battle" (more like instant incineration) of armies that come up againt Jerusalem at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ

Ezekiel 38 and 39 clearly refers to #1 above

No, it does not and I have outlined several differences not the least of which is that the Magog war is a limited coalition of nations, whereas Armageddon is a worldwide ammassing of all nations against Israel.

"Gog and Magog" are referenced in both battles
, No they are not.

but they are not directly related, except by general region of the world
Armageddon is not a regional war. It is war of annhilation by ALL nations against Israel.

Anyone can quote someone who agrees with them. Try actually dealing with the glaring differences between the two wars. There are simply too many discrepancies between the Magog war and Armageddon for them to be the same.

Guest shiloh357
Gog's forces are annihilated on the mountains and in the valleys and it will take seven months for the Israelis to bury them all. The Beast and his forces are waxed out in the city of Jerusalem itself at the second coming of Christ

what's your basis for this one?

Magog War: Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezekiel 39:4-5)

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamon-gog. And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

(Ezekiel 39:11-12)

Armageddon: For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Zechariah 14:2-4)

Guest shiloh357
There are simply too many discrepancies between the Magog war and Armageddon for them to be the same.

there is no such thing as the "magog war"...you made that up...no prophecy scholar I've ever heard has used the term

Irrelevant, and hardly worth making such a big deal. I already explained that I use the term simply as a "shorthand" method. I don't really care if you like the term. However, that does not change the fact that you know what war I am talking about and that is all that matter. You still have not dealt with the substance of what I have said.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

This thread is started to clear up some confusion from another thread where the poster claims that the Magog war of Ezekiel 38 and 39 and Armageddon are the same war.

The are not for the following reasons:

• In the Armageddon war, ALL nations of the world are arrayed in Battle and surround Jerusalem to destory her.

• Gog is the chief of the coalition of the various armies during his invasion; however the beast Beast of Revelation is at leads the invasion at Armageddon.

• At Armageddon, the sun and the moon are darkened but no such occurance is recorded in the Magog war.

• Gog is depicted in the Bible as being from the north, while the armies of Israel's enemies come from out of the whole earth to do battle at Armageddon

• During the Magog war, the western powers that do not participate lodge a protest against Gog; however there is no such protest of the Armageddon war, because even the nations that protested the Magog war will join with the rest of the nations and the Beast of Revelation in an attempt to bring the final destruction of Jerusalem.

• Gog comes to take the spoil of Israel while at Armageddon the nations of the earth are assembled for the express and singular purpose of destorying Israel and the Jewish people once and for all.

• The coalition of armies at the Magog war are seen in the fields out side of Jerusalem. But the nations of the world, in Zechariah 14, are depicted as only surrounding Jerusalem.

• Gog's forces are annihilated on the mountains and in the valleys and it will take seven months for the Israelis to bury them all. The Beast and his forces are waxed out in the city of Jerusalem itself at the second coming of Christ

• The Gog war is not ended by the second coming. The armies of the world will be destroyed by the second coming when Christ Himself returns to rescue Jerusalem/Israel from annihilation. Christ appears nowhere in the description of the Magog war.

• At the war of Armageddon, the river Eurphrates will have be dried up for armies to cross over into Israel. This does not occur during the Magog war.

There are simply too many differences for anyone to think that the Magog war and Armageddon are the same war.

I agree, they are very different wars, in different locations but they will happen at the same time....when Christ returns.

I am a believer in the 10 lost tribes, (the house of Israel), having migrated to what are the Christian nations of today. Consider, if that is true and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be, that if America is the greatest of those Christian nations, that the war will be fought here....in our mountains and who would come from the north? Russia, into the land we bought from them - Alaska.

God is the one that fights and wins that war!

Anyway, it is something to consider. When you read about it again consider the possibility and remember to split Israel from Judah. When those prophecies were written there was no nation of Israel. Only the tribe of Judah (and Benjamin with some of Levi) are considered the house of Judah, or "Jews," while the 10 "lost" tribes are the house of Israel.

I really enjoyed your post.

..............Whirlwind

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Very good break down on the differences

using made up terminology

Don't start with me, I'm not biting, don't like my post, don't read them.

Let ammend this, don't like Shiloh's post, don't use my post as your jumping point.

Edited by Scarletprayers

Guest shiloh357
QUOTE(shiloh357 @ Oct 10 2007, 06:59 PM)

Gog is the chief of the coalition of the various armies during his invasion; however the beast Beast of Revelation is at leads the invasion at Armageddon.

this is an ignorant comment...they are one in the same battle

Armageddon is the meeting of armies from all over the earth in the "Valley of Decision" (Megiddo, outside Jerusalem)...there are multiple vast armies converging on the same place, at the same time: the northern power of "Gog", the western power of the antichrist (also drawing forces from the south), and the "Kings of the East"

No, the armies of Magog are ONLY depicted as coming from the north, (Ezek 38:6, 15) not from all over the earth. At Armageddon, it is a completely different war with a completely different purpose.

God is the chief of the armies he leads and this is found in Ezek.38:15 The beast is the head of the armies that make war at the second coming of Christ (Rev. 19:19).

it's all one massive battle...you're trying to subdivide them in your penchant for strange interpretations of prophecy
Not really. I just read my Bible. *Edited by Moderator* Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
I agree, they are very different wars, in different locations but they will happen at the same time....when Christ returns.
Respectfully, that is not true. They are not in the same locations, and do not happen at the same time.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've never heard the term "magog war" before this thread, and it's certainly not a Biblical term..."Gog and Magog" refers to general classifications of pagan nations/peoples from the north http://www.gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

there are two great battles: 1) Armageddon, immediately before the return of Christ, at the conclusion of the Tribulation; 2) the "battle" (more like instant incineration) of armies that come up againt Jerusalem at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ

Ezekiel 38 and 39 clearly refers to #1 above

What is your evidence or reference for this claim above?