IGNORED

Gossip more powerful than truth?

Guest Biblicist

You are quite right Patrica...

I don't think it is so much that people like to gossip. I think it's that people have a difficult time discerning between what is gossip and what is not. What is truth and what is fallacy.

I heard on a commercial the other day...."If it wasn't true, we couldn't say it on television." :o REALLY!! :13:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

You are quite right Patrica...

I don't think it is so much that people like to gossip. I think it's that people have a difficult time discerning between what is gossip and what is not. What is truth and what is fallacy.

I heard on a commercial the other day...."If it wasn't true, we couldn't say it on television." :24: REALLY!! :24:

hi bibs..missed everyone...my keyboard died on me!!! Can you believe it!! :24:

:24::24: I know ..you just gave me a hearty laugh. I love that commercial for tylenol. It says tylenol is the #1 painreliever hospitals use. This is true. but they do not tell you they do not use aspirin because it thins out the blood and since most go for surgery aspirin would not be used. If it was not for the blood thinning qualities, which at times the hospitals do use, aspirin would be used and the in the last thirty years demerol and hydromorphine were the top pain relievers. If I used plain tylenol for post surgical pain not many would make it through..... My daughter who is seven I find yelling at the t.v. during commercials saying " YEAH.....RIGHT!!!" in that tell me another one attitude. I guess she got tired of waiting for Lucky to jump out of the Lucky charms box..hehehe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Ha! Toads actually are frogs, but frogs are not toads, and hopper is both and neither.

That made my head hurt...

This isn't from the Bible but is still true. I don't know who said it, but I borrowed it from an old friend.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Guest Biblicist
This isn't from the Bible but is still true. I don't know who said it, but I borrowed it from an old friend.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

:emot-heartbeat: I think that is from the Bible, just maybe not in those exact words. :emot-drums::angel:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:whistling: Edited by hopper

Guest Biblicist

Thank you for finding that verse, my wise and resourceful little amphibious friend. :thumbsup:

There are some people that need that verse tattooed on their forehead....... :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:emot-hug: Edited by hopper

Even God was not continually austere and without humour. Who cannot look at some of His creatures and their communications and but laugh? And is it always wrong to say so outside their presence?

:emot-hug::laugh::D

Oh How I Love Jesus!

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Revelation 4:11