IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1970

Thank you Vickilynn,

I have a question though,since I'm still kinda new to Sabbath keeping.

Do you believe that God wants us to proclaim his truths and tell other people about this, or do we wait until God puts it on their hearts? I kinda believe we should, because they are fooled, but then I read were not supposed to put stumbling blocks in front of our brothers and sisters in Christ,and I don't want to do that. Do you believe this is one of the stumbling blocks God was talking about?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Thank you Vickilynn,

I have a question though,since I'm still kinda new to Sabbath keeping.

Do you believe that God wants us to proclaim his truths and tell other people about this, or do we wait until God puts it on their hearts? I kinda believe we should, because they are fooled, but then I read were not supposed to put stumbling blocks in front of our brothers and sisters in Christ,and I don't want to do that. Do you believe this is one of the stumbling blocks God was talking about?

Shalom Sister,

What an excellent question.

Here's my take on it. When we find something that blesses us, enriches our walk with the L-rd, brings us closer to Him, makes the Word come alive, why WOULDN'T we want to share it with our Brothers and Sisters in the L-rd? I want them to experience the wonderful blessings in the L-rd that I have! Because I care about the Body and I want them to experience Yeshua in this special way as well.

And yes, it is my heart's desire to tell church people who have been brainwashed by the church saying that the 7th day Sabbath is not important (which we know is a lie) and I desire to offer the truth for people to see and then THEY can take it to the L-rd and decide for themselves. I have a heart to refute the wrong information that the church has been feeding its people for too long and to show them what the Scriptures say, not what a preacher says.

Isaiah 58 is such a beautiful verse!

Isaiah 58:13-14

If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

I do not believe sharing our experiences and beliefs concerning the Sabbath is a stumbling block or what Paul was referring to, HOWEVER, let me say here that according to Romans 14, if someone is OFFENDED by MY observance of the Sabbath as unto the L-rd, I should not do it in front of them, or THAT will be a stumbling block. Does that make sense to you? We must bear with those who disagree and not act in a way that causes them offense, or that will be a stumbling block. Our love is more important.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 Corinthians 13:4 - 7 (NASB) 4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

LOVINGFORGOD,

What do you mean exactly by Sabbath keeping?

This is the issue; going to church on Saturday is not keeping the Sabbath as shown in scripture, not even close; there are many more specific things you must do to keep the Sabbath. The question is do you want to do them and feel that you must do them?

If we want to re-enter the Jewish Law's of the OT we should not do that at our convenience but really do it.

However if you want to honor the Sabbath as a memory and as a way to remember and have some communion with the Jewish ceremonies that is great, much like many Christians have a Seder meal. But it is not Sabbath observance and does not meet the requirements of the commandment as set forth in Exodus. If you work if your family works, if you cause anyone to work on Saturday you are breaking the Sabbath and are sinning and must repent of that sin. You see the problem when we go down this road of seeking to be under the OT observances and rituals.

1 http://www.worthyboards.com/style_images/1...es/rte-bold.png

BoldCorinthians 13:4 - 7 (NASB) 4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Shalom CW,

Back atcha! Apply it to your post here.

What happened to "

I guess it's time to agree that we disagree. Peace to you and your household

Let it go dude, that's what the Scriptures above say. Show love. Talk about the issues, OK?

This is the issue; going to church on Saturday is not keeping the Sabbath as shown in scripture, not even close; there are many more specific things you must do to keep the Sabbath. The question is do you want to do them and feel that you must do them?

Shalom Smalcald,

No, this is not the issue. And yes, indeed going to church on Saturdays is a perfectly acceptable way to observe the Sabbath. The real issue is G-d's Word in Genesis 2.

If we want to re-enter the Jewish Law's of the OT we should not do that at our convenience but really do it.

This has nothing to do with observing the Sabbath.

We are "really doing it" when we do as unto the L-rd. And on this point, another Believer cannot judge.

However if you want to honor the Sabbath as a memory and as a way to remember and have some communion with the Jewish ceremonies that is great, much like many Christians have a Seder meal. But it is not Sabbath observance and does not meet the requirements of the commandment as set forth in Exodus.

Again, not true. The Sabbath observance is between a person and G-d. The way that WE do it is certainly a Sabbath observance as unto the L-rd and you are not in a position to judge otherwise. You must understand this. To keep repeating that someone who keeps the Sabbath as unto the L-rd, but doesn't meet your understanding of the OT Law is sinning, is quite in error.

The Fourth Commandment reads:

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Ex 20:8-11)

There needs to be understanding concerning what constitutes "work." It is "common" work, daily work and work that distracts one from fully focusing on the L-rd.

Please read this, I posted it before, but it has SO much great information that rebuts the arguments: I'll post it in the next post.

LOVINGFORGOD,

However if you want to honor the Sabbath as a memory and as a way to remember and have some communion with the Jewish ceremonies that is great, much like many Christians have a Seder meal. But it is not Sabbath observance and does not meet the requirements of the commandment as set forth in Exodus. If you work if your family works, if you cause anyone to work on Saturday you are breaking the Sabbath and are sinning and must repent of that sin. You see the problem when we go down this road of seeking to be under the OT observances and rituals.

What I mean by Sabbath keeping, is keeping it as Jesus taught it, and to me that is by Not working on the Sabbath,because I do need a rest at the end of each busy week,And if I could find a church that went on the Sabbath I would go to worship Him, but I can't, so I read alot of my Bible,I pray alot, I listen to my gospel music.

By helping people as Jesus did,I might not be able to heal, like He did on the Sabbath, but I can help them if needed.

I don't keep the letter of the law like the Israelites did,I light fires,Jesus doesn't want us to go hungry,or be burdened by the Sabbath.He wants it to be a joy to us. Jesus showed us the meaning of the Sabbath and That was to do good, Not that I don't try to on every other day of the week ,but every other day I'm busy working and cleaning,I don't have time, to think of Jesus all day while I'm busy doing other things.On the Sabbath I think of Jesus ,and what he did for me,and what will please him not because I have too, but because I love to do it.

For the same reason I wouldn't go disobey any of the other commandments.When we do something we know is wrong we come under conviction,and repent,at least I do,it's not because I'm afraid I won't go to heaven, but because I feel awful,as we all should.

There is no difference in keeping the other nine commandments,don't we obey them because we love the Lord with all our hearts,and that's what he told us to do,or is it because we think by keeping them it will help us get in to heaven?

I know for a fact that I am a sinner,and no amount of commandment keeping will save me, but I keep them for the same reason every one else does ,because I love Him,and the only way I will ever make it to heaven is by the blood of Jesus,and the grace of God.

The Fourth Commandment

Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture...fourth_cmd.html

Shabbat begins at sunset on Friday evening and ends Saturday night when three stars are visible in the sky (25 hours). On Shabbat we remember that God created the world and then rested from His labors.

The commandment to observe the Sabbath comes from the Fourth Commandment, of course, which actually spans three pesukim (verses) and is by far the longest of the Ten Commandments. In its entirety the commandment reads:

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Ex 20:8-11)

The Meaning of Shabbat

The word shabbat ("Sabbath") is clearly connected to the verb shavat, meaning "to cease, desist, rest." The root first appears in Genesis 2:2-3 regarding God

LOVINGFORGOD,

What I mean by Sabbath keeping, is keeping it as Jesus taught it, and to me that is by Not working on the Sabbath,because I do need a rest at the end of each busy week,And if I could find a church that went on the Sabbath I would go to worship Him, but I can't, so I read alot of my Bible,I pray alot, I listen to my gospel music.

By helping people as Jesus did,I might not be able to heal, like He did on the Sabbath, but I can help them if needed.

I don't keep the letter of the law like the Israelites did,I light fires,Jesus doesn't want us to go hungry,or be burdened by the Sabbath.He wants it to be a joy to us. Jesus showed us the meaning of the Sabbath and That was to do good, Not that I don't try to on every other day of the week ,but every other day I'm busy working and cleaning,I don't have time, to think of Jesus all day while I'm busy doing other things.On the Sabbath I think of Jesus ,and what he did for me,and what will please him not because I have too, but because I love to do it.

For the same reason I wouldn't go disobey any of the other commandments.When we do something we know is wrong we come under conviction,and repent,at least I do,it's not because I'm afraid I won't go to heaven, but because I feel awful,as we all should.

There is no difference in keeping the other nine commandments,don't we obey them because we love the Lord with all our hearts,and that's what he told us to do,or is it because we think by keeping them it will help us get in to heaven?

I know for a fact that I am a sinner,and no amount of commandment keeping will save me, but I keep them for the same reason every one else does ,because I love Him,and the only way I will ever make it to heaven is by the blood of Jesus,and the grace of God.

Shalom Sister,

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!!! :)

EX 16: 4Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

5And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.6And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:

12I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.

13And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

14And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

15And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

16This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

17And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.

18And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.

19And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.

20Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

21And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

22And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.

23And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

24And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.

25And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

26Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

27And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

28And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

and then if you read Ex 19 you'll see they were expected to keep the Sabbath 3 months before the commandments and laws were given ,God has his day of rest which we see here has been around since God blessed & sanctified it, long before the exodus from egypt.

Notice what happened to the left over manna on (Saturday), it was rotted and had worms in it, when they went out in vain to gather it. Jesus is our Manna, we are to keep his Sabbath day he is the Lord of it, the Sabbath was made for us..... Not Sunday!

Edited by LOVEFORTHELORD