IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

http://www.biblicalholidays.com/Sabbath/me..._in_sabbath.htm

Messianic Significance of Sabbath

The Sabbath reminds us that God created the world.

The Sabbath reminds us that God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt.

The Sabbath reminds us that Christ delivered us from the penalty of sin at Calvary.

The Sabbath reminds us that God will make us holy, just as He made the Sabbath holy.

The Sabbath reminds us that God will finish His work in our lives, just

as He finished His work of creation and redemption.

The Sabbath reminds us that God is our Lord and God.

The Sabbath reminds us that we have rest in Christ.

The rest that God intended for us to receive on Sabbath is not just a physical rest from our work or a mental and emotional rest from the stress of life. When Jesus said, Come unto me . . .I will give you rest (Matt. 11:28), He also said, ye will find rest unto your souls (Matt. 11:29). Entering that rest requires that we stop trying to save ourselves and rest in the finished work of Jesus.

The image of the joyless, somber restricting Sunday stems from the 16th century. Jesus defines the Sabbath in Matthew 12:8, For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath day [(!)] The Sabbath, as with the rest of the Bible finds fulfillment in Christ. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth (Rom. 10:4). Everything about the Sabbath teaches us something about the Messiah (Lancaster 1996).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well Hebrews 4 is commonly used to show that we do not have to observe a rules based Sabbath, that Christ is our Sabbath rest.

I am sorry you are wrong about not traveling on the Sabbath. You need to read Exodus to learn about how to actually observe the Sabbath if you really want to learn God's way of observing the Sabbath. Just as a small example from Exodus (there are many more restrictions found there also)

Exodus 16

29 Bear in mind that the LORD has given you the Sabbath; that is why on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where he is on the seventh day; no one is to go out."

This is why the Orthodox Jews for the past 3000 years have not traveled on the Sabbath, why do you seek to change this command? Like I said if you want to follow the commands and rules, you should do it correctly.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi, well i dont have alot to say on this but i do believe that we should praise and worship each day.. as for what day is the sabbath i am not sure.. but i choose sunday and wed. evenings to go to church...

God Bless sister vicki

Well Hebrews 4 is commonly used to show that we do not have to observe a rules based Sabbath, that Christ is our Sabbath rest.

Shalom Smalcald,

Ummm Smalcald. You asked this:

Where is a scripture that says we are to set aside the Sabbath to rest in Jesus?

My answer is Hebrews 4. I am the one who said it and Hebrews 4 is why I said it.

You are hung-up on a "rules based" Sabbath. You are the one saying that, I am not. I am saying follow the SCRIPTURES, not rules. Please read what I am saying.

I am sorry you are wrong about not traveling on the Sabbath. You need to read Exodus to learn about how to actually observe the Sabbath if you really want to learn God's way of observing the Sabbath. Just as a small example from Exodus (there are many more restrictions found there also)

You need to read the Scriptures in context, not pick them out to support your view. Back up and read the entire passage, it is talking about the people going OUT to gather the manna on the 7th day.

27On the seventh day some of the people went out to gather, but they found none. 28And the LORD said to Moses,(AF) "How long will you refuse to keep my commandments and my laws? 29See! The LORD has given you the Sabbath; therefore on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Remain each of you in his place; let no one go out of his place on the seventh day." 30So the people rested on the seventh day.

It is not a prohibition on travel, it is a disregard for G-d's provision that He gave specifically in the wilderness. The instructions given to the children of Israel in Exodus were not everlasting restrictions, they were for the time in the desert. G-d only gave manna in the desert.

This is why the Orthodox Jews for the past 3000 years have not traveled on the Sabbath, why do you seek to change this command?

G-d's ways are what I follow. You misunderstand the Sabbath commands.

Smalcald, if YOU wish to follow men, that is your choice. I will follow G-d. I don't take my marching orders from Orthodox Jews, but if you wish to, you are certainly welcome.

Look here:

Sabbath instituted:

Genesis 2:

1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and(A) all the host of them. 2And(B) on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. 3So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

Like I said if you want to follow the commands and rules, you should do it correctly.

Following G-D's ways, I am doing it correctly, you are incorrect that we must follow man's rules to follow the Sabbath.

http://www.biblicalholidays.com/Sabbath/bible_times.htm

Sabbath in Bible Times

The Encyclopedia of Judaism explains;

The Bible does not mention that the Patriarchs observed the Sabbath (although rabbinical sources do). During their wanderings in the Wilderness of Zin and with the introduction of manna, the Israelites were first commanded to observe the Sabbath; they were told that five days of the week they were to collect a single portion of manna, but on the sixth they should collect a double portion, for

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The literal & glorious Resurrection Of Jesus on the Lord's Day, the first day, seals it for this observer. Moses & his Old Covenant were for literal Israel. Now, in Jesus Christ, believers live in the heavenlies with their Lord & Savior! Truly, I'm hardly ever out of church if you mean PREACHING & TEACHING, WORSHIP CELEBRATION & BIBLE STUDIES. I'm NEVER out of Church if you mean the TRUE CHURCH OF THE FIRST-BORN. Living with Christ Jesus is never an onerous thing. It is LIFE with a capital "L"!! Amen & Thank You, Jesus!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The literal & glorious Resurrection Of Jesus on the Lord's Day, the first day, seals it for this observer. Moses & his Old Covenant were for literal Israel. Now, in Jesus Christ, believers live in the heavenlies with their Lord & Savior! Truly, I'm hardly ever out of church if you mean PREACHING & TEACHING, WORSHIP CELEBRATION & BIBLE STUDIES. I'm NEVER out of Church if you mean the TRUE CHURCH OF THE FIRST-BORN. Living with Christ Jesus is never an onerous thing. It is LIFE with a capital "L"!! Amen & Thank You, Jesus!

You are the church.

How has Sunday come to be interpreted as the Lord's Day?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Exodus 20:8 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it HOLY. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a SABBATH TO THE LORD YOUR GOD. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.

HOLY: Kodesh (Hebrew) = Set apart

The sabbath day law was designed to commemorate the seventh day of the creation week.

11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

If God blessed the seventh day (Sabbath) and set it apart (made holy), what then gives man the right to set it aside and discard it?

If we are partakers in the New Covenant, we are told that God's laws are now written in our hearts and in our minds.

Worship God every day if you wish, for as true believers, we should place God 'first' in our lives before all things....but do not mock God by replacing His laws, with our own.

PR

Edited by PreciousRubi

Guest Rapturebound

The sabbath isn't just for going to church. We should go to church every time the doors are open. The sabbath was created for one to rest from labor and set apart to acknowledge God. The sabbath was made for man. Jesus said if your donkey was stuck in a bush would you not loose him. This Jesus stated after He was attacked about healing on the sabbath. An act of love is the labor we all need to work a little harder at.

Be Blessed

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The First Day, Sunday, is the Day of the glorious RESURRECTION of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ! The disciples automatically began the New Covenant by worshipping their resurrected Lord on the momentous day of His victory over hell & the grave. No more Mosaic ritual for them now. No more Jewish Sabbatarianism when the Messiah had come, conquered & liberated for time & eternity! Isn't it most significant that for all the centuries before the 19th-century & the tenets of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White (founder of SDAism), Sabbatarianism was well left back in Judaism, and Christians were celebrating the Lord's glorious First Day of Newness & Eternal Joy! AMEN & AMEN! Now, in Christ Jesus, it's never "Let's go BACKWARDS to Moses", but always "Let's go FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus!"