IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Is the command to be circumcised in scripture or not? Is the command to not eat pork and shellfish in scripture or not?

Shalom Smalcald,

Dear friend, this is not the topic of this thread. Please, stay on the topic of the Sabbath.

You wrongly equate Sabbath with the Mosaic Law, when, in fact, it has been proven over over that the institution of Sabbath PREDATED the Mosaic Law. See Genesis 2.

Preciousruby,Going to church on sunday does not stop you from remembering the sabboth and keeping it holy,which I believe we should do.But there is no reason to not attend church on sunday.

But isn;''t that like having 2 Sabbaths a week? I'd think, whatever day you keep, if you spend the day resting in the Lord, you'd want to be in church, hearing His word, being with other Christians, and keeping the whole day holy.

Shalom Kat,

No, you see, Sabbath is not necessarily for going to church. You can, but the POINT of the Sabbath is to set it apart and rest in the L-rd. You can go to church 7 days a week, but only ONE day, the 7th day is the Sabbath.

But why then did Christ work on the Sabbath?

Shalom Smalcald,

We have had this conversation before and Shiloh has shown you from Scripture that your position is not correct.

Jesus never broke the Sabbath. What He did was not "common" work, it was G-d's will. Doing good, doing G-d's will on the Sabbath is the point. Going to work, doing "common" work is not.

But why then did Christ work on the Sabbath? He is the Lord of the Sabbath, and from Hebrews we know that He is our Sabbath. Scripture tells us that gentiles do not have to eat as the Jewish dietary laws say, these laws were given by a command of God, nor do we have to be circumcised another command given by God directly to the Jews. So if we are to follow the Law to the dot as you imply I hope you are doing everything an Orthodox Jew does, I hope you are living totally kosher. If someone wants to really follow these laws then they should do it, what I don't like is the playing around with the law. Gentiles who pick and choose which Law's are convenient for them and then making this as somehow pleasing to God. If the Sabbath is a command that is to be obeyed in the same way that we are to obey the command not to steal, then if you do work on Saturday you are no better than a thief, in fact you are an unrepentant thief because you know the law and do not keep it. Yet no Christians are really willing to say that.

Shalom Smalcald,

As it has been shown to you, Sabbath PREDATED Mosaic Law. Your railing against the Law has no bearing on this discussion since we are not under the Law, but it still is applicable.

Actually, bringing up the Mosaic Law is a Red Herring in this discussion, since we are not discussing the Law, but rather what G-d said in Genesis 2 (please note, that was before the Law)

Genesis 2

1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and(A) all the host of them. 2And(B) on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. 3So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't have a problem with some Christians reading the Gospel and still wanting to observe a Sabbath. But really do it, don't play around with it. If you work on Saturday you are no better than someone cheating on their wife or stealing. If you really believe that then by all means don't work and don't allow your children or spouse to work either or cause others to work, follow the actual commandment as written on the tablet that Moses brought down

I don't have a problem with some Christians reading the Gospel and still wanting to observe a Sabbath. But really do it, don't play around with it.

Shalom Smalcald,

You see, you are instituting MAN'S logic and man's rules, not G-d's. You don't have that right, I'm sorry. The Scriptures are our authority in how we observe the Sabbath, not your opinion.

If you work on Saturday you are no better than someone cheating on their wife or stealing.

Again, I'm sorry, but that is not Scripturally correct. That is man's opinion, not G-d. Smalcald, you cannot speak for G-d and go against His Scripture. The Bible does not say what you just said.

If you really believe that then by all means don't work and don't allow your children or spouse to work either or cause others to work, follow the actual commandment as written on the tablet that Moses brought down

Again, you are raising a Red Herring. The Sabbath was instituted at Creation. Before Moses.

And again, you are not in the position to declare what is the "correct" way to observe the Sabbath.

The Scriptures say that it is a holy day and we are to "honor" it to the L-rd. That is the correct way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I think we should attend church on Tuesday.

Shalom,

The Scriptures do not specify one day to go to church. In fact, the early church met daily.

Acts 2

46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The way are bodies are made conflict with some of these " rock solid" rules. Take beef for example, we have certain teeth designed to rip & tear meat but we also have teeth designed to chew fruits & vegetables.

If one stayed in chruch or any holy place every single minute of every hour & day, our minds & bodies would rot away.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't have a problem with some Christians reading the Gospel and still wanting to observe a Sabbath. But really do it, don't play around with it.

Shalom Smalcald,

You see, you are instituting MAN'S logic and man's rules, not G-d's. You don't have that right, I'm sorry. The Scriptures are our authority in how we observe the Sabbath, not your opinion.

If you work on Saturday you are no better than someone cheating on their wife or stealing.

Again, I'm sorry, but that is not Scripturally correct. That is man's opinion, not G-d. Smalcald, you cannot speak for G-d and go against His Scripture. The Bible does not say what you just said.

If you really believe that then by all means don't work and don't allow your children or spouse to work either or cause others to work, follow the actual commandment as written on the tablet that Moses brought down

Again, you are raising a Red Herring. The Sabbath was instituted at Creation. Before Moses.

And again, you are not in the position to declare what is the "correct" way to observe the Sabbath.

The Scriptures say that it is a holy day and we are to "honor" it to the L-rd. That is the correct way.

Hi Vicky,

I don't want to belabor this and I do respect you and your opinions and do respect those who wish to observe a Sabbath.

But I must say you are wrong. Scripture DOES say how to observe the Sabbath.

Just looking at the Commandments as shown in Exodus:

8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

If you want to keep this commandment as it is written in scripture than you can't work nor can your household work, nor anyone visiting you, nor if you employ anyone they can't work either. Look either we should do this or not. What is man made is saying well we do observe the Sabbath, unless it is no convenient for us. If people work on the Sabbath they must quite their job, as working on the Sabbath under your view is sin, the same as cheating on your wife. A commandment is a commandment right?

For me, I read scripture saying that Jesus is my Sabbath rest; this is in Hebrews, I hear Paul saying to me as a gentile, not to seek after observing new moons, and Sabbaths and days and weeks, etc. But if I believed that the Sabbath observance still stood as it did under the old covenant, then I would observe it as the commandment says; but I don't believe that.