IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

I think we should be careful in these discussions not to disrespect and judge someone for still entering into a Sabbath rest. Arthur, I respect your view, and understand it, that there is no longer a requirement to keep the Sabbath, but honestly, how can you say there is anything WRONG with keeping the Sabbath and accepting that rest that God so generously gave? I think it is important to acnowledge that resting in God on the Sabbath is not wrong. You may feel that you are free from being required to keep the Sabbath, but that does not mean it is wrong to do so.

Shalom Anne,

YOU hit it! Ding, ding, ding!!

Thank you Sister! I am rejoicing that someone here "gets it", that is, gets the truth from Scripture that we have the FREEDOM to worship G-d in the Sabbath, that we do these things "as unto the L-rd" (and not by the requirements of men) and we should not have to endure the criticism and judgment from our own Brothers and Sisters in the L-rd!

Thank you Anne, you have renewed my hope in "Christians."

This needs to be said again to those who say it is WRONG to follow G-d's Word and observe the 7th day Sabbath:

Romans 14

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

6The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord

Need A Palatin

Confess And Believe

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10

And Be Patient

Because Here Comes The Judge

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

James 5:7-9

:)

;)

I'm Confused (Not Usual)

So Please Forgive Me If I Fail To Get It (Not The First Time)

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Philippians 2:3

:)

She Says....

Obey God's Word And Best Regards

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Romans 14:4-6

He Says....

God Loves You But I Am Quite Disappointed In Your Jewishness

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
James 4:11

The Lord Says....

It Is My Sign Between Me And My Israel Forever

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Exodus 31:7

And My Word Will Stand

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Mark 24:35

So Where Does My Dear Sister Turn When She Needs God's Paladin

THE MAN Of Course

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5

:o

Can't Puzzle All This Stuff Out

See Jesus

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Shalom Joe,

Ahhhh, your wisdom and gentleness again blesses my heart. You know you have spoken the truth Dear Brother, yet some in the church refuse to hear because it goes against man's tradition. Keep on speaking the truth for Yeshua!

Love in our Messiah,

Vickilynn

Shalom,

An excerpt from an article by John J. Parsons:

So why observe Shabbat?

So why bother with Shabbat? Why should we learn about this special day that the LORD appointed for His people through the Torah of Moses? Let me give a few reasons:

1. Shabbat remembers God as our Creator (Gen 2:2).

2. Shabbat is one of the first things God blessed (Gen 2:3).

3. Shabbat remembers the Exodus from Egypt (i.e., God

Shalom,

Observation.

The problem with this topic is that it strays from being a discussion of differing views to one of Christians telling other Christians they are WRONG or "not doing it correctly" by observing and celebrating the Sabbath.

With all due respect to my Brothers and Sisters in Yeshua, if YOU have a problem with ME observing the Sabbath AS UNTO THE L-RD, you are outta line. With all due respect, your "opinion" of whether I am right or wrong in this action has no bearing on how I should worship the L-rd, for you see, the Scriptures say, it is not your place to decide. It is G-d's place and you are not in a position to be telling another Christian that they are wrong, or legalistic, or under the Law or in bondage or any other such nonsense.

That, dear family in Messiah, IS wrongly judging and it is forbidden in the Scriptures. It is between the worshiper and G-d and you are not invited! If you are not led to observe the Sabbath, that is your choice, however, for you to criticize another Believer for observing the Sabbath AS UNTO THE L-RD, is sin.

Romans 14

6The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord.

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother

Hebrews 4: 9So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God

I am not interested in criticizing God's people we just disagree.

Shalom Smalcald,

That is not quite true Brother. You have criticized in EVERY one of your posts and you do so now. Shall I show you? Perhaps you truly don't see your sin.

I also don't judge you.

Again, not true. You have likened me to a thief for not observing the Sabbath in the way that YOU say I should.

But I must say that I find that your position is inconsistent.

Smalcald, you are just unbelievable. If I am anything, it is consistent. I have said the SAME thing over and over and over and yet you refuse to read it. If you want to learn where you are incorrect, please read my posts. I said I wasn't posting any more to you, and this one will be my last because you say the same things regardless of being shown that you are incorrect about them.

Here's some from THIS post, and it is the same rhetoric from all your posts:

But this is not Sabbath observance as shown in scripture, and you are not "keeping" the Sabbath in any way by doing that. You are not fulfilling the fourth commandment [/b]by doing that. It is simply something that you choose to do. It is much like praying in the morning versus praying at lunch, it is all good, but one time is no better or worse than another and has nothing to do with any of the commandments.

The problem is that some who are unschooled in scripture may think that they somehow are keeping the law and the commandments by going to church on Saturday instead of Sunday.

No. It is NOT a matter of Law. How many times must we go over this. You are making this a Law issue, when it is not. I do not "keep the Law" and I am tired of having to defend myself against this tired argument that is false. Again, this is critical and judgmental and most of all, WRONG.

As long as we both agree that it is simply a personal choice I am fine with it.

With all due respect Brother, you are out of line to even say that. YOU are fine with deciding how I should give glory to MY L-rd? Why do you elevate yourself to such a position when Paul rebukes that attitude and commands against it? Romans 14. This is something you should pray about, that you think you have the right to criticize another Christian's observance AS UNTO THE L-RD. You do not have that right Brother. Whether I observe the Sabbath or not is simply not your place according to the Scriptures. When you comment on it, you are overstepping according to Paul.

But if you talk to an Orthodox Jew, he or she would say indeed it is a grave sin to work on the Sabbath and would refuse to do so under any circumstance.

Again, this argument is so ridiculous and not even relevant! Do you pattern your life after what Orthodox Jews do? If so, that is your choice, but *I* live my life by the Scriptures. You keep throwing "Orthodox Jews" around to support your criticism of Believers observing Sabbath. Can you show me in the Scriptures where I am to make my decisions concerning G-d by imitating Orthodox Jews? This is so off the wall, it's not even funny. If you truly believe this has any bearing on the life of a Christian, then dear Brother, I fear for you.

And, since I have said the same answers over and over and over and over, and you have completely ignored them, we have nothing else to discuss on this issue, except that I encourage you to really see where you are wrong for insisting that Christians follow the rules of men instead of G-d and thinking you have the right to criticize another Believer's worship of G-d.

I leave you with that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Vickilynn,

Why do you spell God as G-D?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The Apostle Paul clearly & distinctly states in Colossians 2:14-17 (especially Verse 16b) that the Jewish seveth-day Sabbaths were long ago "nailed to His cross" along with regulations re food, drink, Jewish feast days, Jewish new moons or any Jewish Sabbath day? Zowie, if the Jewish seventh-day Sabbath has been "nailed to His cross," - which sounds quite final - why in all the universe is this kind lady imploring folk anywhere to UNnail it & bring it back down? WHO could possibly UNnail it? Excellent query. Why insist on flying carelessly in the face of biblical realism as emphasized by the Apostle? Methinks the lady is behind the curve here by about 1900-years. And, yes, the Lord God of Israel DOES have a full Name to be recognized by the entire Church of the Lord Jesus Christ: Jehovah, Elohim, Adonai & quite a few others as well. AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I am not interested in criticizing God's people we just disagree.

Shalom Smalcald,

That is not quite true Brother. You have criticized in EVERY one of your posts and you do so now. Shall I show you? Perhaps you truly don't see your sin.

I also don't judge you.

Again, not true. You have likened me to a thief for not observing the Sabbath in the way that YOU say I should.

But I must say that I find that your position is inconsistent.

Smalcald, you are just unbelievable. If I am anything, it is consistent. I have said the SAME thing over and over and over and yet you refuse to read it. If you want to learn where you are incorrect, please read my posts. I said I wasn't posting any more to you, and this one will be my last because you say the same things regardless of being shown that you are incorrect about them.

Here's some from THIS post, and it is the same rhetoric from all your posts:

But this is not Sabbath observance as shown in scripture, and you are not "keeping" the Sabbath in any way by doing that. You are not fulfilling the fourth commandment [/b]by doing that. It is simply something that you choose to do. It is much like praying in the morning versus praying at lunch, it is all good, but one time is no better or worse than another and has nothing to do with any of the commandments.

The problem is that some who are unschooled in scripture may think that they somehow are keeping the law and the commandments by going to church on Saturday instead of Sunday.

No. It is NOT a matter of Law. How many times must we go over this. You are making this a Law issue, when it is not. I do not "keep the Law" and I am tired of having to defend myself against this tired argument that is false. Again, this is critical and judgmental and most of all, WRONG.

As long as we both agree that it is simply a personal choice I am fine with it.

With all due respect Brother, you are out of line to even say that. YOU are fine with deciding how I should give glory to MY L-rd? Why do you elevate yourself to such a position when Paul rebukes that attitude and commands against it? Romans 14. This is something you should pray about, that you think you have the right to criticize another Christian's observance AS UNTO THE L-RD. You do not have that right Brother. Whether I observe the Sabbath or not is simply not your place according to the Scriptures. When you comment on it, you are overstepping according to Paul.

But if you talk to an Orthodox Jew, he or she would say indeed it is a grave sin to work on the Sabbath and would refuse to do so under any circumstance.

Again, this argument is so ridiculous and not even relevant! Do you pattern your life after what Orthodox Jews do? If so, that is your choice, but *I* live my life by the Scriptures. You keep throwing "Orthodox Jews" around to support your criticism of Believers observing Sabbath. Can you show me in the Scriptures where I am to make my decisions concerning G-d by imitating Orthodox Jews? This is so off the wall, it's not even funny. If you truly believe this has any bearing on the life of a Christian, then dear Brother, I fear for you.

And, since I have said the same answers over and over and over and over, and you have completely ignored them, we have nothing else to discuss on this issue, except that I encourage you to really see where you are wrong for insisting that Christians follow the rules of men instead of G-d and thinking you have the right to criticize another Believer's worship of G-d.

I leave you with that.

But Vicky I have never accused you of sin, and do not now. But you have accused me of sin simply because I disagree with you.

So let

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Apostle Paul clearly & distinctly states in Colossians 2:14-17 (especially Verse 16b) that the Jewish seveth-day Sabbaths were long ago "nailed to His cross" along with regulations re food, drink, Jewish feast days, Jewish new moons or any Jewish Sabbath day? Zowie, if the Jewish seventh-day Sabbath has been "nailed to His cross," - which sounds quite final - why in all the universe is this kind lady imploring folk anywhere to UNnail it & bring it back down? WHO could possibly UNnail it? Excellent query. Why insist on flying carelessly in the face of biblical realism as emphasized by the Apostle? Methinks the lady is behind the curve here by about 1900-years. And, yes, the Lord God of Israel DOES have a full Name to be recognized by the entire Church of the Lord Jesus Christ: Jehovah, Elohim, Adonai & quite a few others as well. AMEN & AMEN!

In Colossians 2:14 Paul does not refer to any of God's law. The word "ordinance" is from the Greek "dogma" refers to man's rules and regulations and the laws he refers to are those laws and customs followed by the Colossians prior to their conversion. They had not followed God's laws until Paul preached to them.

Paul is saying to the Colossians that when Yeshua (Jesus) died on the cross he cancelled out the heathen ordinances that they were following beforehand. They had been dead in their trespasses and sins, verse 13.

Now the Colossians no longer do these practices. Now even the record of their former disobedience in unholy customs and traditions does not exist. It has been blotted out by the blood of Yeshua. This is the record that was nailed to the cross when He was put to death.

Through His death and resurrection, Yeshua “disarmed principalities and powers,” 2:15. What he was speaking of here is the domination of the demonic powers over the people who worship contrary to God's Law. On acceptance of Yeshua as their redeemer are no longer subject to the forces of evil.

If you believe that Yeshua is God and that He is "the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8, how can He have nailed Yahweh's Law to the cross when he tells us in Matthew 5 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

That would be a big contradiction of scripture that cannot be ignored.

PR

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Why does Vicky spell God as "G-D" instead of "God"?

I'm not being picky, I just don't understand what the difference, if any, is.