shepherdsgrace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I have been reading about the deadly drug resistent staph infections that are beginning to show up all around the nation. Here where I live in NC it is in the school systems. And I saw where it was posted in the prayer forum. I thought it might be helpful to discuss what we should do to protect ourselves and our children from such a deadly infection.

PSALM 91. Either you believe it, or you do not.

"Thou shalt not put the Lord God to the test," either. :emot-handshake:

you are correct nebula. I do not run out in front of a truck believeing the angels will come and deliver me from a horrible fate.

Psalm 91 is a wonderful writing...one of my favorites and so are many other declarations of Gods mightiness but we are not to be foolish either.

There are many different weapons of warfare, taking authority, binding and looseing, praise and worship, using the word of God, different strategies in any war, going to a doctor and being under submission.

It is knowing what Jesus tells you for you at the moment and being obedient.

We haven't seen anything yet.

I did not say go try to catch Staph and see if the Lord will protect you against your stupidity. The point I was making was trust God, not fear Staph infection. Do not let the fear of Staph infection rule your life. The Psalmist said no deadly plague will come nigh my dwelling. You either believe it, or you do not. Look at the context of the Psalm. The Psalmist was not going out" tempting God" as you put it. He was going about his normal affairs and relying on God for His protection.

I choose to fix my energy on dwelling in the Secret place of the Most High. I would much rather abide under the Shadow of The Almighty, and receive his protection than to rely on my own means. That does not mean I do stupid things. That means I trust God, not fear Satan and his perversions of nature that he has loosed on this planet.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

The #1 place to get nasty staphs is hospitals. So don't go to a hospital unless you must, and if you are a patient, try to make sure everyone washes their hands before they touch you or your stuff.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

The #1 place to get nasty staphs is hospitals. So don't go to a hospital unless you must, and if you are a patient, try to make sure everyone washes their hands before they touch you or your stuff.

staph is not a plague...it is a perversion man made, If it wasn't for Jesus we may have all died a while ago due to our so called intelligence.

And I do know a christian scientist that when the active aids virus is dropped onto his hand... it dies! Abiding in the secret place of the Most High God is a wonderful space to be in. I would imagine that you have never been ill, I know a man who never had a headache or a sore throat. A girlfriend who finally at 57 had gotten a cold..she thought she was dying, i kind of thought it was cute..but had to sit with her because she never had to produce faith in this area before.

She did a lot of repenting after that for her lack of compassion over the years but I explained to her How could she have compassion connected with something she knew not of, It could have come divinely but she never sought it.