• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

No one has denied that we may be going thru a warming cycle, as has happened in the past, when it got even warmer. We just aren't responsible for it, nor is there anything we can do about it.

GWB has knuckled under on other things he shouldn't have, too.

And your evidence is?

This has been re-hashed so many times on here that I'm not going to do it again. Look in the other threads.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

No one has denied that we may be going thru a warming cycle, as has happened in the past, when it got even warmer. We just aren't responsible for it, nor is there anything we can do about it.

And your evidence is?

This has been re-hashed so many times on here that I'm not going to do it again. Look in the other threads.

I have, and none of yall ever seem to offer up a single bit of empirical evidence that the scientific community is wrong and our warming is non-anthropogenic. Basically, the entire case for deniers is built upon OP-Eds and misinformation.

I along with others on here have put forth the scientific case for Anthropogenic Global Warming many times. The problem is that you just don't want to believe it. Thats the key here, you don't want to believe that human activity is changing our climate, thus no amount of evidence is going to convince you of something that you simply do not want to believe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

And your evidence is?

Indeed. forrestkc, quit beating a dead horse...

Indeed. forrestkc, quit beating a dead horse...

I probably put forth a post on Global Warming for every 3 OP/Eds that one of the deniers puts forth.

Guest Biblicist

AAhhh, The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

Proverbs 3:25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

Psalm 112:7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Scientists are smart?

Proverbs 26:12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 3: 19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations,

by understanding he set the heavens in place;

20 by his knowledge the deeps were divided,

and the clouds let drop the dew.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

We aren't being knee jerk about global warming either. We are just being knee jerk about a redundant topic you keep bringing up. It isn't going to be settled, we don't all agree on the causes of global warming. Even the "experts" on global warming can't agree on the causes. There are other, much more important things to worry about. The simple truth is Americans have about as much foresight as a person that's near-sighted. We do not want to pay billions of our dollars to fund something that may end up becoming one of the greatest hoaxes ever. We aren't living in the inquistion, salem witch trials, or crusades, we respect science.

Right now, there just isn't enough evidence to back up anyone's claims. I'd much rather hold onto my money, than to just throw it at something that may or may not be worth it. I have a hard enough time making ends meet as it is.

Think about it this way, what if the world's scientific community ends up being wrong. If we go green, and 30 years from now we find out we were wrong about Global Warming, what will we have lost? It seems to me that the worst case scenario here is that we take action, build a cleaner, more efficient, and sustainable society, and then find out we were wrong about Global Warming. I guess then we will all have to tell our kids that we are so sorry about giving them cleaner cities, much more efficient homes and transportation, clean renewable energy, far less pollution, less urban sprawl, and tons more green space. Oh the horrors if that were to happen.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Think about it this way, what if the world's scientific community ends up being wrong. If we go green, and 30 years from now we find out we were wrong about Global Warming, what will we have lost? It seems to me that the worst case scenario here is that we take action, build a cleaner, more efficient, and sustainable society, and then find out we were wrong about Global Warming. I guess then we will all have to tell our kids that we are so sorry about giving them cleaner cities, much more efficient homes and transportation, clean renewable energy, far less pollution, less urban sprawl, and tons more green space. Oh the horrors if that were to happen.

Can I ask, just what is it you want from us? Shall we all bow down and chant "forrestkc is right...forrestkc is right...?"

Do you need the ego-stroke that bad?

God is in charge. Nothing is going to happen without his say-so. Relax!

How's your electric car and solar powered house doin'?

My guess is you pollute just as much as anyone else...

Guest Biblicist

forrest, you do understand what "going green" means don't you...

So if you intend to "go green" or think we all should, then I guess you will be giving up the computer and electricity to run it? Good luck with that. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

The problem is that nature does more in one event to effect global warming then all man has done in our entirety. Our impact is very minimal. Therefore, changing what we do will also have very little effect. Coupled with the fact that Russia and China are not going to change anything. Whats the point. Can you really stop a volcano. Until you figure that one out, you are beating your head against a brick wall.

Just trying to keep it real. Al Gore is about money, and power and nothing more.

God Bless,

K.D.

I am not sure how one comes to the conclusion that nature does more in one act than man has done in all of our entirety. Man has developed 40% of the world's land surface, the only comparable natural event I can think of would be a direct hit by a comet or asteroid, or super volcano.

As to China, we certainly cannot expect them to do anything if the world's richest nation, with per-capita carbon emissions several times what theirs is, does nothing.

Please answer this. How much carbon emissions does one volcano produce and how much carbon emissions did the US produce this entire decade?