Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

It is intolerant of pacifists to equate this with being super spiritual.

Oh, AMEN Yod. :b::b:

Guest idolsmasher
Would you have us all be silent while this non-biblical agenda is promoted?

I think you proved her point right there Yod! :b:

Guest LadyC

in case anyone missed it, Jesus was no pacifist Himself. remember his violent outburst with the money changers? God doesn't call us to be pacifists. we're just not to go out seeking our own revenge.

peter put down your sword. nice scripture, taken TOTALLY out of context.

here is a good article that weighs the scriptures on BOTH sides very carefully.

Guest LadyC
Show me the scriptures where Jesus told his followers to practice violence against His enemies???

a scriptural quote and commentary taken from the ariticle i just linked to:

In Luke 22:36-38, Jesus is preparing His disciples for His departure. He knows that the Jewish leaders are decidedly against Him. In the past, when He sent His disciples out, He took care of all their needs. But now things are going to change.

"And He said to them, 'But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me, 'And he was numbered with transgressors'; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.' They said, 'Lord, look, here are two swords.' And He said to them, 'It is enough.'"

What is the context here? When traveling from city to city, people of that day often had to carry a sword in order to fend off robbers. Jesus told His followers that He was going to send them out there, and warned them to be prepared to defend themselves when appropriate. Clearly, Jesus was not a pacifist.

Guest shiloh357

Idol,

Show me the scriptures where Jesus told his followers to practice violence against His enemies???

As always Idol you NEVER miss an opportunity to misinterpret the Bible! Nothing Jesus taught had to do with national foreign policies. Jesus did not forbid a nation to defend itself against foreign aggressors. Nor did Jesus forbid a man from protecting his family from those who would seek their demise. Jesus was addressing totally different issues. You're snow job won't work here as you can see from the posts in this thread.

You are simply trying to pervert the Word of God to justify your hatred of America and Israel. You do not apply the Word of God to those who instigate violence againt US, but rather to deny us the right to defend ourselves and stay alive.

You need to give it up. Nobody is buying into this garbage.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh, I am always glad that we have people like you here who will tell it like it is. Like Jesus did.

Idol, you remind me of the liberal Methodist pastor in this town. He cares ONLY for what has to do with Jesus. Even going so far as saying "the rest of the Bible doesn't matter". Yikes. No credibility whatsoever. One of his favorites is - "Jesus didn't say anything about abortion or homosexuality, so it's a moot point". Double yikes. I shudder to think what anyone like that will face in the after life.

Guest idolsmasher

a scriptural quote and commentary taken from the ariticle i just linked to:

In Luke 22:36-38, Jesus is preparing His disciples for His departure. He knows that the Jewish leaders are decidedly against Him. In the past, when He sent His disciples out, He took care of all their needs. But now things are going to change.

"And He said to them, 'But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me, 'And he was numbered with transgressors'; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.' They said, 'Lord, look, here are two swords.' And He said to them, 'It is enough.'"

What is the context here? When traveling from city to city, people of that day often had to carry a sword in order to fend off robbers. Jesus told His followers that He was going to send them out there, and warned them to be prepared to defend themselves when appropriate. Clearly, Jesus was not a pacifist.

Jesus told his disciples to give to them that ask, he didn't say anything at all about using violence in order not to have to give. Jesus is still around to protect His disciples so why didn't He instruct them in the arts of self defense and give them Karate classes or something while He was still with them. To try and get the sanctioning of violence out of the message of Christ would seem to twist the scriptures hither, thither, and yon.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Golly - is this getting funny!

Some stranger comes in with a load of aggressive passivism propoganda - and the rest of us are dumb enough to ump in and fight the same argument we've been rumbling over time and time again - over what?

Anyone here going to change their opinion any time soon?

I know I'm not. I know WIP is not. I know Yod is not. I know idolsmasher is not. I know [whomever I missed] is not.

Think we can find something more productive to do with our time than returning to this same mud hole.

Especially over this post-and-runner Troublestarter. He ain't worth our beating each other up over.

P.S. smasher - Karate wasn't known in that part of the world at that time. :b: