IGNORED

Can A Christian Support War

Guest abbajesus

Guest idolsmasher
smasher, i like you, for some reason i can't fathom (besides the fact that you're a brother in Christ), i really actually like you.

Well thank you LadyC! (Bows to m'lady)

but the fact is, you continually point fingers and make disparaging comments about America, about Americans, and about the Godliness of any Christian in America that supports this war. you blame america for all the evils of the world, and think we're less than Christian in our attitudes if we feel that we are granted the right and authority by God to defend our nation... yet you never once criticize those who truly are evil, the husseins and castros and bin ladens of the world.

Oh, ok, now I understand! I thought you were saying that I was being mean and nasty and name calling n stuff. You're right, I do point finger in the ways you pointed out, but I was speaking to Shiloh about his tendency to do so on a personal basis with personal condemnations. I try not to do that!

and then you and another member have the audacity to imply that a terrorist nation, under the authority of their false god calling them to jihad, might very well be God's judgement on our land. you don't even realize that you are elevating a false god to equality with our Heavenly Father, the one TRUE God.

As I recall, some well known American preachers and evangelists also suggested these things after 9/11. It wasn't really even about that actually. The point was more that if you are gonna say it's a judgement when things happen to your enemies, you should also be open to the idea that it may also be true when it happens at home, because Yod brought up the concept. In other words, that kind of concept would work universally. Btw, the bible teaches that God used those who worshipped other gods to judge Israel when they were His chosen people and were disobedient.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC
As I recall, some well known American preachers and evangelists also suggested these things after 9/11. It wasn't really even about that actually. The point was more that if you are gonna say it's a judgement when things happen to your enemies, you should also be open to the idea that it may also be true when it happens at home, because Yod brought up the concept. In other words, that kind of concept would work universally. Btw, the bible teaches that God used those who worshipped other gods to judge Israel when they were His chosen people and were disobedient.

yeah, i remember... i thought those evangelists had alot of nerve, and were quite off their rockers.

regarding other nations and "judgement", i don't go around making any claims that terrorist strikes against those nations are God's judgement on them, nor do i recall anyone else here doing so. notice i'm making a distinction here between terrorist strikes, and homeland defence... i'm also making a distinction between terrorist strikes and war in general.

as yod pointed out, when God brings about judgement, He gives warning first. there were no prophets saying 9/11 would happen. there were not even any declarations of war by another country if we didn't change our ways. hussein can't say that. he was warned and given the opportunity in 17 resolutions and bush's declaration. that's what this war was about... his violating the resolutions. the fact that we stopped him from mass murdering more of his own people was a side benefit.

Guest idolsmasher
there were no prophets saying 9/11 would happen.

From what I understand there were quite a few prophetic rumblings in the American intelligence circles. They knew something was about to happen. Preachers have been preaching for years that America needed revival if it was to escape the judgements of God.

Guest LadyC

when God passes down His judgement on this country, i'm pretty sure it will be all encompassing... not just a few terrorist strikes here and there to indiscriminately wipe out a few thousand individuals, many of which were Christians. nope, it will be total devastation from one coast to the next.

as for intelligence rumblings, of course there were. we've been being attacked by terrorists for years, and have known about their activities, although until 9/11 none of them had occurred on our own soil.

but... it has never been, nor ever will be, proven that the far-left's accusations that we had specific information regarding when and how we'd be attacked were part of those rumblings. it just didn't happen that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God's judgment by using one nation on another?

Biblically, this has happened.

God using an ungodly nation to bring His judgment?

Yes, this has happened, too (Babylon, anyone?).

9-11 as God's judgment?

Not destructive enough. I would agree that it was a warning call. But when God bring judgment, it goes all the way. If it were God's judment, we wouldn't have the ability to send our troops out like we did.

I still stand by the conviction that when God's true judgment comes against America, Hollywood (immorality pormoter extraordinaire), San Francisco (gay capitol of the land), and Las Vega ("sin city") are going to crumble to the ground.

Sosom and Gommorah weren't destroyed for their military exploits, you know.

Why are the judgers of America completely ignoring these things, anyway?

(And hopefully that Mormon Temple in DC will go bye-bye, too!)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From what I understand there were quite a few prophetic rumblings in the American intelligence circles.

Prophetic rumblings?

What kind of "prophets" are you talking about here? Prophets of God :laugh: .

I'm not sure we've got the same definition of prophet going on between the two camps.

Guest shiloh357
You're right, I do point finger in the ways you pointed out, but I was speaking to Shiloh about his tendency to do so on a personal basis with personal condemnations. I try not to do that!

At least, you don't do it in a way that is apparent to anyone else.

Guest idolsmasher
Not destructive enough. I would agree that it was a warning call.

But if that's so, then it was a judgement of sorts. Obviously it wasn't the final one if ya know what I mean. :laugh:

(And hopefully that Mormon Temple in DC will go bye-bye, too!)

You mean that big white monstrosity you see from the highway??? I thought it was kinda purrty. Looked like something out of a fairy tale.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

when God passes down His judgement on this country, i'm pretty sure it will be all encompassing... not just a few terrorist strikes here and there to indiscriminately wipe out a few thousand individuals, many of which were Christians. nope, it will be total devastation from one coast to the next.

Yes and the events of 9/11 are just the beginning. Few nations are destroyed in one day, there is usually an escalation towards destruction. Remember it took the allies over 5 years to destroy Germany and even Persia did not defeat Israel in a day, so to the Roman legions defeated a series of small uprisings in Israel before finally deciding to destroy the province around the year 70.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Guest LadyC

ok, here's a question for all the doomsayers. why are ya'll so certain that 9/11 was God's judgement against america, and that our military defense is not God's judgement on other nations?

is your hatred of america so strong that you would assume that God is bringing His judgement against us through terrorist attacks from people so evil that they relish the thought of torturing, maiming, and mass murdering not only those of other countries, but those of their own as well?