IGNORED

Can A Christian Support War

Guest abbajesus

Guest shiloh357
Yes and the events of 9/11 are just the beginning. Few nations are destroyed in one day, there is usually an escalation towards destruction. Remember it took the allies over 5 years to destroy Germany and even Persia did not defeat Israel in a day, so to the Roman legions defeated a series of small uprisings in Israel before finally deciding to destroy the province around the year 70.

Yes and God gives fair warning and opportunities to repent. There is a biblical formula, 9/11 doesnt fit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

(And hopefully that Mormon Temple in DC will go bye-bye, too!)

You mean that big white monstrosity you see from the highway??? I thought it was kinda purrty. Looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Yup - that be the one.

I thought it was pretty, too, until I found out what it is.

Now I hate it.

Guest idolsmasher

You mean that big white monstrosity you see from the highway??? I thought it was kinda purrty. Looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Yup - that be the one.

Now I hate it.

Ha ha ha ha! You're funny Neb! :t2:

ok, here's a question for all the doomsayers. why are ya'll so certain that 9/11 was God's judgement against america, and that our military defense is not God's judgement on other nations?

Could be, or it could also be the filling of the cup of iniquity, especially if the motives were oil and empire. Anyway, I never said it WAS a judgement, I was merely elaborating on what others said. I think it is possible though. :laugh:

Guest LadyC
QUOTE  (mine)

but the fact is, you continually point fingers and make disparaging comments about America, about Americans, and about the Godliness of any Christian in America that supports this war. you blame america for all the evils of the world, and think we're less than Christian in our attitudes if we feel that we are granted the right and authority by God to defend our nation... yet you never once criticize those who truly are evil, the husseins and castros and bin ladens of the world.

QUOTE (yours)

Oh, ok, now I understand! I thought you were saying that I was being mean and nasty and name calling n stuff. You're right, I do point finger in the ways you pointed out, but I was speaking to Shiloh about his tendency to do so on a personal basis with personal condemnations. I try not to do that!

tell me, how is it not personal when you question a person's christianity because of their position on the war?

ok, now regarding this "possibility"... if God had sent al qaeda as judgement against our 'evil' country, then why didn't God ensure their success, rather than their defeat? did God screw up? i don't think so.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yup - that be the one.

Now I hate it.

Ha ha ha ha! You're funny Neb! :t2:

Why do you say that?

What's funny about hating a symbol of a deceptively dangerous cult?

Guest LadyC

neb, never seen the temple you're talking about, but there is another one in st. george utah. i took a photo of it. the fact that it is a mormon temple does not subtract from it's architectural beauty.

in fact, here's the photo:

templeth.jpg

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

For the life of me, I can't figure out why some of you - intelligent, rational, honest people - continue to argue with blatant garbage like this. I love you all, really do, and totally respect you, but can't figure this one out. Have you ever thought what would happen if there was just total SILENCE when this trash is posted? Have you ever thought that you are feeding the self righteousness and garbage, so that it just becomes more puffed up and louder?

JMO

Guest idolsmasher
tell me, how is it not personal when you question a person's christianity because of their position on the war?

Because I'm not singling anyone out and am speaking in broad general terms dealing more with the issue than one person. When you hurl an accusation with the person's name or "you" in front of it directed at a particular individual, it is personal.

if God had sent al qaeda as judgement against our 'evil' country, then why didn't God ensure their success,

I think 9/11 was highly succesful. I don't think it was a defeat and this whole war on terror thing could actually backfire on America. You're either for us or agin us may have created just the kind of alliances necessary to challenge America. Of course, only time will tell.

Why do you say that?

It's just a beautiful building. Looks a little like a Walt Disney fairy tale castle. I found it to be an awesome building.

What's funny about hating a symbol of a deceptively dangerous cult?

They seem pretty tame to me, I don't think they are very dangerous at all.

neb, never seen the temple you're talking about, but there is another one in st. george utah. i took a photo of it. the fact that it is a mormon temple does not subtract from it's architectural beauty.

The one in DC is much more beautiful, but it's much more modern also. There must be a pic of it somewhere on the web.

I found some, although it doesn't really give you a feeling of the massiveness of it and the way it towers above everything.

Here's a pretty cool view from the highway at night.

5310_WASHINGTONDC_hr.jpg

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I think 9/11 was highly succesful.

Idol,

Just curious. Do you remember Todd Beamer? He was one of the passengers that rushed the cockpit on flight 93 on 9/11. You know....Let's roll. He was reported to be a Christian. Should he have kept his seat?