IGNORED

Can A Christian Support War

Guest abbajesus

Guest idolsmasher
That's not fair John! You forced me to reveal that I'm not a pacifist! At least not a total pacifist. I do believe in the right of self defense and yes, I think Todd Beamer and the others probably did the right thing.You stinker!Darn!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC
That's not fair John! You forced me to reveal that I'm not a pacifist! At least not a total pacifist. I do believe in the right of self defense and yes, I think Todd Beamer and the others probably did the right thing.You stinker!Darn!

oh??? it's ok to act in self defense, just not in defense of your country?

hmmmm.... :suspect:

not if you are French, Canadian, or French-canadian. :t2:

Boot camp is taught at a young age in France. By the time they are 2 years old they can already say "I surrender"

Guest LadyC

not if you are French, Canadian, or French-canadian. :rofl:

Boot camp is taught at a young age in France. By the time they are 2 years old they can already say "I surrender"

i suppose if i was french, french canadian, or canadian, i wouldn't have any desire to defend my country either :t2:

JUST KIDDING!!!

Guest idolsmasher

Who said that???? :t2:

JUST KIDDING!!!

No you weren't! :suspect:

Guest idolsmasher

A large number of Canadian troops are from Quebec. In Afghanistan they had trouble finding interpreters but in Haiti they will fit right in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

ok, here's a question for all the doomsayers. why are ya'll so certain that 9/11 was God's judgement against america, and that our military defense is not God's judgement on other nations?

Well i never said that the US military was not Gods judgement on other nations. God can use any force to bring his wrath to the nations.

is your hatred of america so strong that you would assume that God is bringing His judgement against us through terrorist attacks from people so evil that they relish the thought of torturing, maiming, and mass murdering not only those of other countries, but those of their own as well?

Hatred of America? i do not hate Americans :t2: As for the powers that rule America i am indifferent to them. They will do what they will do until all nations come under the rule of The Messiah Jesus.

As for God using Evil people to carry out His wrath let me ask you a Question.

Did God use the Evil Nazi Germany to bring His wrath against the Stalinist USSR and wipe out 40 million Russians in the process? Or Did God use the Evil Communist USSR to smash Nazi Germany to bring to an end its tyranny? Or did God smash the two evil rocks against one another as judgement against both?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

good question. history's not my strong suit. i thought america got rid of the nazis.

WW2 started in 1939 and ended in 1945 that

Guest idolsmasher

And few Americans realize the role that Canada played in WWII. Believe it or not Canada had the third largest navy in the world at that time (saw it on the history channel) and played a huge role in keeping the supply lines to Britain open across the Atlantic. Canadian troops were the first to break enemy lines, capture their targets, and hold their positions in the allied invasion of Normandy. The second front with Russia did alot to weaken the Germans and spread their defenses out to make them more vulnerable. The defeat of the Germans was an allied effort and by no means did America single handedly conquer the Germans. America was also extremely reluctant to even get into the war. Canada entered the war long before America and with an almost entirely volunteer force. So there! :!!!: