• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

My sister Suzzane, I'm not making it complicated or disagreeing with you at all! Didn't we both agree that God is Truth? I only gave you that quote as now knowing the truth.. how do we see God as Moses did in all his Glory? But you even Correctly even state in your signature..

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1

I'm not disagreeing with you at all the Bible is the Word and God is Truth! I'm not saying he is far from us.. I was just curious as knowing the truth how do we see God.

Mathew 28:20

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Edited by Blien

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear TM75,

I don't believe you are reading my posts correctly. I am speaking of God's Word as the absolute TRUTH. And yet, there are so many places in it, where Christians will not yield to His Truth in His Word.

You can respond to the specifics of Galatians 5:19, that I posted if you'd like.

In His Love,

Suzanne

My sister Suzzane, I'm not making it complicated or disagreeing with you at all! Didn't we both agree that God is Truth? I only gave you that quote as now knowing the truth.. how do we see God as Moses did in all his Glory? But you even Correctly even state in your signature..

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1

I'm not disagreeing with you at all the Bible is the Word and God is Truth! I'm not saying he is far from us.. I was just curious as knowing the truth how do we see God.

Mathew 28:20

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I know Blien, I guess I'm just getting at the aspect of how we don't speak clearly in regard to God's Truths anymore. I think it's become confusing, because we don't just clearly say what we mean. We talk in statements that a new believer/unbeliever/young person, may not grasp because it's so abstract. I'm asking: What is Truth? We shouldn't be afraid to address the "absolutes" of Scriptures, such as those in Galations and 1st Corinthians, with regard to sin (among the body). Sometimes, I find it so interesting that when we get into absolutes the tempers flare, OR the person gets offended, as though you are speaking words you thought of on your own, rather than the sharing of God's Word. Since when is a Christian offended by God's Word? Are there portions of God's Word that we should be offended by? I don't think so.

(I'm not saying this applies to you, I'm just speaking in general.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

absolute truth is absolute. However, what is viewed as true by one person may not be absolute truth. If you want me to get all flowery and philosophical, then I could say that truth is "whatever you perceive to be true" :emot-handshake: . I would consider that "personal" truth, which I don't believe in however.

But, that's "Blue Sky" again.

I want Absolute Truth, absolutely!

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

lol Right on. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

high from reading your post tsth i can only say how this means to me when i was not a christian i would only say what i wanted people to hear and when i gave my heart to god i asked him to help me be more open and honest as i saw how i was when i was not a christian and then when the holy spirit opend up the scriptures to me i saw how wrong it was for me to do this half truths i would cal this and i thought by doing this it would not hurt any one as i did not want no one to see what i realy was thinking about like when you ask some one in church how are you and you put the hand out to shake theirs do you realy want to know how are they when you ask how are you

i had this happen to me many times and when i was asked their wear times i was starving and i said to my self if i said honestly how i am i wonder how christians would react to i would say what i wanted the person to hear

i know belive in straight talking tsth as i am a very open and honest person i saw this in david and the apostle paul and this is why i asked god to help me be more honest in my christian life and its worked i am like this with my 11yr old both me and my x wife said when ethan is born we are not going to tip toe around him as to what our own parents did with us we bought him up to handle being open and honest but i do not know if any one else does this with their own kids thanks tsth i sort off see wear you are coming from but i could be wrong i can only share from what i see to what you are asking for in your post

damo1

high from reading your post tsth i can only say how this means to me when i was not a christian i would only say what i wanted people to hear and when i gave my heart to god i asked him to help me be more open and honest as i saw how i was when i was not a christian and then when the holy spirit opend up the scriptures to me i saw how wrong it was for me to do this half truths i would cal this and i thought by doing this it would not hurt any one as i did not want no one to see what i realy was thinking about like when you ask some one in church how are you and you put the hand out to shake theirs do you realy want to know how are they when you ask how are you

i had this happen to me many times and when i was asked their wear times i was starving and i said to my self if i said honestly how i am i wonder how christians would react to i would say what i wanted the person to hear

i know belive in straight talking tsth as i am a very open and honest person i saw this in david and the apostle paul and this is why i asked god to help me be more honest in my christian life and its worked i am like this with my 11yr old both me and my x wife said when ethan is born we are not going to tip toe around him as to what our own parents did with us we bought him up to handle being open and honest but i do not know if any one else does this with their own kids thanks tsth i sort off see wear you are coming from but i could be wrong i can only share from what i see to what you are asking for in your post

Dear damo1,

Yes, that is part of what I'm talking about, but more to the point, I'm talking about God's Word's Truth. Are you telling your son the Truths of Scripture? Are we talking about sin, clearly enough? I don't think we are. I don't think we're clarifying how serious sexual immorality is. I don't think we're clarifying how serious drunkenness is, adultery (the biblical definition of it), idolatry, witchcraft, etc. (See the quotes below.) This is what I'm talking about in regard to truth. We're afraid to acknowledge Galatians 5:19, or 1 Cor. 5, when someone asks us, whether or not their mother, or spouse or son or daughter, will be going to heaven, because with their lips they seem to honor God, but their hearts and actions are far from Him. (drunkard, womanizer, cheat, adulterer, etc.) And yet, we continue to prop them up with questionable assurance, even though God's Word testifies differently? Why? Why would we do this to them, rather than telling them the Truth, so that they might be saved? I know why, we don't want to be hated or have someone mad at us for a while. We don't want to jeopardize relationship, even though in the process we may be severing them from us for an eternity. Why are we afraid to acknowledge the hard parts of Scripture? I notice that you mention "half-truths", that is what has happened with the faith, we're telling half-truths, rather than the WHOLE counsel of God. Here are a few that we don't touch:

1 Cor. 5:9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

What's interesting, is that not only do we not acknowledge the above, but heaven forbid we "break fellowship", (even though it's biblical). When's the last time you practised this biblical teaching?

How about 2 Cor. 6?

11 We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 12 We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. 13 As a fair exchange--I speak as to my children--open wide your hearts also. 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." 17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Goes right into 2 Cor. 7:

1 Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one. 3 I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such a place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. 4 I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.

(Be sure to read the following in quotes.)

Here is what prompts this thread:

Galatians 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Why do I see so many disputing the above, as though it were not absolute truth?

When, instead we should be speaking the truth in love:

Ephesians 4:21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear TM75,

I don't believe you are reading my posts correctly. I am speaking of God's Word as the absolute TRUTH. And yet, there are so many places in it, where Christians will not yield to His Truth in His Word.

You can respond to the specifics of Galatians 5:19, that I posted if you'd like.

In His Love,

Suzanne

These are the things I'm speaking of. I think that it is far better to speak the truth in love, than withhold to escape anger.

Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. (Remember Judas, he was a deceiver.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

It's interesting to study the use of the word "truth" in the NT. Did you know that Jesus used the phrase "I tell you the truth", 79 times in the gospels.

Take a look at the word "truth" in the NT:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBibl...l+you+the+truth

I am sad for Pilate, he shouldn't have had to ask the question, It was there all along.

"And the Word became Flesh"!

In His Love,

Suzanne

Basics about Truth

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

(To be continued)

In His Love,

Suzanne