• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/20/1983

I was actually looking at a site and, in it, it stirred me to really give an account on a huge argument that many people may have, specifically atheist. I know many atheist whom are some of the most intellectually stimulating people I have ever known, yet, fail to grasp the purpose of gods' original plan as it concerns the creation of the planet that we live on today. Many people will say if god is so loving, all powerful and is divine and holy why didn't he create the earth to be perfect? That way there would be no wars, no hunger, no chasms between racial groups and hurtful differences in opinion. The answer to that is simple and if you apply simple logic and put on your thinking caps it is painfully obvious; god NEVER intended this current earth to be perfect. It wasn't like he plopped Adam and Eve in the garden in a perfect atmosphere, beautiful though it may be, but it was not perfect (remember Adam and Eve were free moral agents), capable of choice. With choice, also leaves the possibility of good AND evil. So, no, Christ created the earth as we know it today as a stage, if you will, for humans to declare their undying love for him or to reject his love. This earth is temporary and, being fleeting, never was designed to be perfect because we were never met to stay here. He just needed a place other than heaven to have humans make their decision.

Pain and suffering, I like to say we live in a society full of individuals whom make choices everyday. Those choices affect not only ourselves, but others before or after us. Suffering entered the world through disobedience and sin...once again, a personal human choice. Many times we like to blame the decaying moral fiber of the world on "society" however, if we take a closer gander we ARE society. What is society? A collection of individuals whom make individual choices. Some good, some bad that affects all of us in one way or another. I am of the belief that in this life we are making our decision to give up some part of our autonomy in the life to come. How? In the world to come obviously it will be perfect. Therefore, that means choice or free will is exterminated, at least in some part. (No sinning) Just as Lucifer/Satan/Devil and one-third of the heavenly host locked their wills in place, as did the other angels during the heaven rebellion, humans on earth are locking theirs in place now. Essentially we are saying, lord, "I've seen the effects of evil, take all manner of temptation away later as I strive to overcome it now." That is a piece of our reward for fighting the good fight of faith, not being privy to sin in the life to come.

The acts of ourselves, others and chance bring upon the suffering we see in this world.

Edited by Christ_Sheep

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

The earth was made perfect in God's eyes read Gensis the whole book. It was perfect until he kicked Satan out of heaven and on to the planet that he had made for us. It's rediculous actually! why would a God create such a perfect world and then through evil in it? The reason he did that was because he didn't want sin in heaven so he pushed it on earth. It wasn't just Adam and Eve fought for the Battle was never ours it was the Lords. He should have toke care of business before he created us not after. But, I guess it was his will. Man then not corupt the earth it was already corupt when we got here. Man just received sin instead of turning away from it because the grass looked greener on the other side. That's why our world is so messed up today. But God seeks to correct it and that's why believing in heaven or hell is very important. Although if I was like an atheist and said I didnt believe in it I'd probably believe after you die honey you dead! :noidea:

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Christ Sheep, I understand what you are saying and have thought the same. We will never reach completion here on this earth. All we can do is try our best to lay our lives down and allow Him to live through us. I thought of this like testing out a car ... take it for a test drive and if it responds to your liking, take it home. Revelations 21 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/14/1972

I am of the belief that in this life we are making our decision to give up some part of our autonomy in the life to come. How? In the world to come obviously it will be perfect. Therefore, that means choice or free will is exterminated, at least in some part. (No sinning) Just as Lucifer/Satan/Devil and one-third of the heavenly host locked their wills in place, as did the other angels during the heaven rebellion, humans on earth are locking theirs in place now. Essentially we are saying, lord, "I've seen the effects of evil, take all manner of temptation away later as I strive to overcome it now." That is a piece of our reward for fighting the good fight of faith, not being privy to sin in the life to come.

I look at it a little differently.

I don't think God would go to the effort of having to deal with sin and suffering, let alone the sacrifice of Christ, so that we could have our free-will stripped from us. Seem like an omnipotent God could have just created the finished product, if he wanted some sort of automatons. Automaton would be an over dramatization of your statement, but it is the basis of the concept. Somehow by being perfected, we lose the ability to choose sin.

Or perhaps sin simply becomes unavailable, so the only choice would be not sinning. This would strike me more as a "controlled environment" with out having to control the individual. It is a parody of course...but on earth we have similar controlled environments......padded cells, straight jackets, medications...

Maybe a combination of the two....none of it sounds that appealing.

I prefer to think that we are a Royal Priesthood, and joint-heirs in the Kingdom of God. The Scripture would tell us that we only see dimly now....but then we will see clearly. I think the hereafter will be more like having a real understanding of what Good, Love and Light truly are. I don't think our autonomy will be stripped from us, I actually think it will be increased, along with our knowledge and understanding of our Lord. I think that understanding, will give us the ability to choose to never sin. Calvinism would support a concept of 'Irresistible Grace', though I look at that issue a little differently, I think what I am trying to describe as the Kingdom of God would be 'Irresistible Perfection'.

Respectfully,

Mudcat

Edited by Mudcat