IGNORED

What Would Happen if 20 Million Illegals Left America?

kat8585

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Whose side are you on, Forrest, the lawbreakers', or the hospitals that are having to shut down (just one example)? I know how strained Parkland Hospital in Dallas is. It's a wonder they haven't had to shut down, and I'm sure they will eventually have to. More illegal babies are born there than legal ones.

I am saying that statistically, its not one of the bigger problems we have as a nation. They make up less than 1.5% of our total healthcare costs. Therefore, they are obviously not to blame for our healthcare crisis.

It's fast becoming a very huge problem. They are causing hospitals to shut down, straining schools, and causing congestion on our highways, and causing many other problems. If just one hospital has to shut down because of them, it's one too many.

You guys act like they are a bunch of bums.

Lawbreakers is the word.

They come up here to work. The bums are those who hire them because they are too cheap to pay a decent wage to get legal labor.

What would happen if all red states packed up and left the nation?

I'm not talking about red and blue states.

As to whose side I am on, I am on the side of the guy that wants to work and wants a better life,

Even if he does it the way they are doing it?

I am against the guy that wants to exploit those that just want to work and get a better life. If you want less illegal immigration, all you have to do is prosecute the bums that are hiring them.

You've been saying it's not that big a problem. Yet we should prosecute the "bums" that hire them?

How can you call yourself a good liberal? Liberals don't want to do this.

I don't want illegal immigration. I am saying that its not the demon that you guys are making it out to be. There are 300 million people in this country. About 12 million are here illegally. You make it hard for people to hire them, and that number is going to fall off a lot. You guys want to blame every problem in the country on them, and its just not the case. We would still have a healthcare crisis, traffic problems, and funding problems in inner city schools if there were not a single illegal in the country.

You guys just need to admit it, you don't like so many Mexicans up here. Even if everyone of them were here legally, you would not like it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Here is the stat I really want to hear; how many of these illegal immigrants are saved? How many of them would benefit from the Christian influence in the United States? Is there a chance that some souls will be saved from those 20 million that wouldn't be saved if they were all back in Mexico?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

And what would happen to those 20 million people?

There would certaintly be some good that would come from getting rid of illegals, but I think the better solution would be to make many of the illegals here today into legal citizens. That way the problems that come from illegal persons working in our system would become a non-issue, as they would all be responsible for paying taxes, getting the same wages, etc.

Of course, on the flip side, many illegal immigrants help keep the prices of goods artificially low. If we had no illegals, expect a slightly steeper cost of living.

And what about the next 20 million? And the next? And the next?

Eventually, there would come a point where our land mass and infrastructure would not be able to support that many. I don't know what the number might be, but let's say.......500 million. How would we handle a doubling of our numbers in just a few short years? :laugh:

If you look past the silly accusations of bigotry, racism and other such nonsense, we have real reasons for wanting to keep check on illegals- not the least of which is some form of population control. Instantly adding 20 million to the books might seem all good and well in some people's eyes, but how would you have the leg to stand on if you tried to deny the same to the next 20 million came through the fence? Or 50 million for that matter?

Population control is only one piece of the pie. We still have to think about unchecked diseases, the burden on our infrastructure in places like hospitals, schools, etc. Then, we have the ol' security thing to worry about.

So no, I don't think instantly adding 20 million to the books figuratively overnight would be a good idea. It would set a precedence for future nightmares because we wouldn't have a legal right to stand on. It could, possibly, turn into an open door for future population explosions. I know that sounds a bit excessive, but we thought the same thing just a few short years ago, remember? No one thought that we would ever come to the point that we are at now. Today, we must take control of a situation that no one wanted to pay attention to years ago. Now, we have to deal with it. This is something that some people don't even think about sometimes.

Simply add the 20 million? I don't agree. I say, send them back tomorrow and let them wait in line until we can process them accordingly. In the mean time, they can try to make a living in their own country. Lots of people all over the world do it every day. We can take a look into the extreme hardship cases first, and then move on to the ones wh simply just want to come. But when you consider the impact of such an increase in those kinds of numbers to our country, we have to have a system in place to act as a metering device.

In fact, we already do. It's called the law. All we have to do is make sure it's followed once in a while. :laugh:

t.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

A lot more taco's for me! :laugh:

.....relax. It's a joke. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

A lot more taco's for me! :laugh:

.....relax. It's a joke. :laugh:

On that note... do illegals make good taco's? If so, send a few up to Canada. I love taco's.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I know that sounds a bit excessive,

Anything but. It's probably putting it very mildly.

Here is the stat I really want to hear; how many of these illegal immigrants are saved? How many of them would benefit from the Christian influence in the United States? Is there a chance that some souls will be saved from those 20 million that wouldn't be saved if they were all back in Mexico?

ummm, i hate to tell you this but most of them probably aren't under the Christian influence in the united states. in fact, i'd say most americans aren't under the Christian influence of this country, because quite frankly, this country is NOT a christian influence to begin with. i'm speaking as a whole. sure, we call ourselves a christian nation, and claim to have something like 80% of our population identifying themselves as christians, but a pretty good portion of that 80% have little more than an abstract concept of God rather than having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

furthermore, it's not like there are no churches in mexico.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Ted, I'm not saying that all 20 million illegals would need to be legalized overnight. It could be a gradual amnesty issue.

I am also not saying that we need to continue to allow illegals to enter our country. I think we both agree that having a continuous influx of illegal immigrants is a problem that needs to be fixed, and I support stricter border control.

The thing is, it's already too late to deal with those that are currently in our country, from a humanitarian perspective. Even if we put up iron walls around our country and get no more new illegal immigrants, we still have 20 million in our country. The question is: what do we do with them?

Do we just kick them out? Most of them have family here, and have lived here for many, many years. Unfortunately, in our current system it is very hard to become legalized after arriving illegally. Many illegals who want to become legal simply can't. And then what about their families that now live here? Do we just deport them? I would argue many illegals consider the US more of a home than their respective "home" countries.

I think we should give illegals in the country today a second chance, and become legal Americans. We should extend an offer to them that we will give them amnesty in exchange for them filling for citizenship, or they can leave. Then, after let's say a 9 month period, we can incarcerate and/or deport all illegals who still refuse to become legal citizens.

That's my plan.

burger, if it were up to me, yes, i'd kick every one of them out... those who were legally married to an american citizen i'd probably put on a fast-track to get a resident visa so they could return legally to be with their family, particularly if they have children with their spouse.

as for the illegals who have their illegal family here, kick them all out. and if their children were born on american soil but the parents are illegal immigrants, send their children with them. the children can retain their dual citizenship, but have to live with the parents, who need to live in their own country.

everytime this country has given amnesty, it has resulted in MORE problems, not fewer.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

burger, if it were up to me, yes, i'd kick every one of them out... those who were legally married to an american citizen i'd probably put on a fast-track to get a resident visa so they could return legally to be with their family, particularly if they have children with their spouse.

But I wouldn't even do this, because then we'd have a rush of illegals doing this.

as for the illegals who have their illegal family here, kick them all out. and if their children were born on american soil but the parents are illegal immigrants, send their children with them. the children can retain their dual citizenship, but have to live with the parents, who need to live in their own country.

everytime this country has given amnesty, it has resulted in MORE problems, not fewer.

:whistling:

Amen and AMEN!!!