• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Pet 1:20

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2 Sam 14:14

14 For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; neither doth God respect any person: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.

Job 37:24

24 Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.

Prov 3:5-7

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

(KJV)

Heb 4:4

4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

(KJV)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I think that AIG is making a valid point that in some cases scientists do fall into the trap of trying to make data fit pre-concieved notions. However, when thousands of scientists time and time again have come to the conclusion that the earth is over ~10,000 years old you have to step back and think about the evidence. Astrological data also seems to indicate the earth is much much older. I doubt we'll ever know the true age but it is my belief it is certainly not 10,000 years.

Guest mscoville

Howdy Cerran,

I agree that I don't think we'll ever know the absolute true age of the earth. But I think we can get a pretty good ball park based on God's word. There are very interesting Creationist Cosmologies also. I'm trying to remember the specific work that I think is worth a look, hmmm.... I'll get back to this. In the meantime however I think we're safer putting our trust in God's word. I'd have to say that scientists are not that much different from the rest of mankind, we fall in line with what others think, I think the general thought process in science says it's an old universe, so the rest fall in line and look for evidence to back it up. I'm not sure you'd find anyone out there doing truly independent research on universal age without a preconceived yadda yadda. I know I'm babbling now, I just see that God is who we can trust, not men. Not that I don't trust you, ha! Have a good day Brother.

Peace,

Martin

Guest mscoville

Howdy again, I remembered the book title, it's called "Starlight and Time" the authors name is Russel Humphrey. I haven't read it through myself yet, only skimmed it, it's very short, just an interesting summary of a new creationist cosmology, it also contains in it's appendix a number of other past creationist cosmologies. It's worth a look I think.

Later,

Martin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

you have to use other dating methods like Potassium-Argon dating

And all this time, I've been doing it all wrong. I've been dating women.

Tell me more about this Potassium-argon thing. I need all the help I can get.

:huh:

Guest LivingSacrifice

EVOLUTION IS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!! Cerran how can u consider urself a Christian and an evolutionist. by that, then u r callin urself a hypocrite. i'm sry cerran, but if u want ur great-great-grea-great grandpa to be a bacteria, then by all means let him be one. my God did not make my great-great-grea-great grandpa a bacteria but a human being made in His likeness. the bible is all true and to except only part of it is to except only part of God. the Word was alive from the very beginning wit God. i hav 4 questions here to ask u if u r an evolutionist:

1. Q: Do you know the difference between Creation and Evolution?

A: Evolutionists think people have bacteria as an ancient ancestor. Creationists think bacteria can only come from bacteria and people can only come from people. Creation is supported by genetics and biochemistry.

2. Q: Do you know the difference between microevolution and macroevolution?

A: Microevolution (variation or natural selection): You are taller than your grandpa (true). Macroevolution: your great, great, great grandpa was a bacteria (false).

3. Q: Where are the Missing Links?

A: If we have bacteria as ancestors, there should be 1000's of living missing links and 1000's of fossilized missing links. If macroevolution is true, where is the evidence?

4. Q: Which Theory of Evolution do you believe is true?

A: There are many theories. Gradualism (slow evolution), Punctuated Equilibria (fast evolution), and Theistic Evolution (caused by God). If it is true, why are there so many theories?

Basically, there isnt any evidence to prove that evolution is true. Even Darwin himself said there was something greater than his theories. And if evolution was true, then how come all the theories aren't laws.

God bless always,

Sarah

Guest mscoville
QUOTE (Cerran @ Mar 29 2004, 01:42 PM)

you have to use other dating methods like Potassium-Argon dating

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

1. Q: Do you know the difference between Creation and Evolution?

A: Evolutionists think people have bacteria as an ancient ancestor. Creationists think bacteria can only come from bacteria and people can only come from people. Creation is supported by genetics and biochemistry.

Really? I dare you to prove that. I never said evolution was a sure thing I just said science seems to support it. I don't claim to have the answers I'm just seeking them.

2. Q: Do you know the difference between microevolution and macroevolution?

A: Microevolution (variation or natural selection): You are taller than your grandpa (true). Macroevolution: your great, great, great grandpa was a bacteria (false).

False statement, this isn't what evolution says at all, I suggest you learn more before making wild generalizations that don't fit.

3. Q: Where are the Missing Links?

A: If we have bacteria as ancestors, there should be 1000's of living missing links and 1000's of fossilized missing links. If macroevolution is true, where is the evidence?

Umm, they're missing. Science and the study of biology searches for these links. Noone ever said evolution was a scientific fact, that's why it's called a THEORY. Some people may treat it like a fact but they are sorely mistaken.

4. Q: Which Theory of Evolution do you believe is true?

A: There are many theories. Gradualism (slow evolution), Punctuated Equilibria (fast evolution), and Theistic Evolution (caused by God). If it is true, why are there so many theories?

You know I'm not quite sure, but I don't think God would leave evidence that the earth was millions of years old if it wasn't. I'm not sure humans were created until after many of the earths events had already happened. I don't claim to have hard answers, just many many questions.

EVOLUTION IS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!!

Really? I though science and scientific discovery was given to us by God to better understand the world around us. If "True" christians had their way we'd still think the earth was the center of the universe and debating whether it was flat This is the type of response I've come to expect from christian fundamentalists, basically one accusing me of teaching falsehoods when in actuality I'm not.

Basically, there isnt any evidence to prove that evolution is true.

There isn't any evidence to prove creation is true either so what's your point? You're basing your opinion on religious beliefs and not scientific facts. I would say that science and the bible do mesh, we just haven't discovered how yet. I do not believe in a young earth, there is no compelling evidence anywhere that scientifically supports it. Sure there are special cases of things that are 100% explained but that doesn't mean that a old earth theory is instantly wrong. Besides if God wanted you to know the whole truth up front he would have written it all down in great detail, yet he did not, he left us to discover it on our own. THAT is science.

Guest be_real
There isn't any evidence to prove creation is true either so what's your point? You're basing your opinion on religious beliefs and not scientific facts.

Besides if God wanted you to know the whole truth up front he would have written it all down in great detail, yet he did not, he left us to discover it on our own.

I am also seeking the answers, and these seem to be good points. I do think that there isn't enough evidence for evolution to be true, but I don't see any evidence that creation is either. I am confused, if you know the answer and have evidence let me know, so I don't go on living, thinking I have no purpose. I got to be here for some reason.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Yes, you are here for a reason.

Check out answersingenesis.org

They actually got a million hits in a month. (not sure which month, but it's on their home page)

There are many searching for answers and truth. Don't give up on the search. Pray and search. God bless you.