tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

(Do you know what Paul is referring to? It's VERY important, and I believe it is lacking today.)

Acts 20

17 From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church. 18 When they arrived, he said to them: "You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. 22 "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. 25 "Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears. 32 "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 I have not coveted anyone's silver or gold or clothing. 34 You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

(Do you know what Paul is referring to? It's VERY important, and I believe it is lacking today.)

Acts 20

17 From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church. 18 When they arrived, he said to them: "You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. 22 "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. 25 "Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears. 32 "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 I have not coveted anyone's silver or gold or clothing. 34 You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

In His Love,

Suzanne

I believe the first word in verse 27 gives us the direction towards an answer.

Paul proclaimed everything he knew of the will of God.

Something we quite often dont do.

Something we quite often dont learn.

I take it to mean that he told everyone he met, that it was always on his mind, and his utmost priority to share it with whoever he met, if anyone he met did not find salvation in Christ- it wasnt because he (Paul) never told them of the Gospel.

must have been a lot of christian tentmakers in his time

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Acts 20

In His Love,

Suzanne

I believe the first word in verse 27 gives us the direction towards an answer.

Paul proclaimed everything he knew of the will of God.

Something we quite often dont do.

Something we quite often dont learn.

I take it to mean that he told everyone he met, that it was always on his mind, and his utmost priority to share it with whoever he met, if anyone he met did not find salvation in Christ- it wasnt because he (Paul) never told them of the Gospel.

must have been a lot of christian tentmakers in his time

You are right, it does have to do with the WHOLE will/counsel of God. I think it is translated as WHOLE COUNSEL. Which obviously means that there were parts of the Word of God being left out, which by the way can be so destructive to the body. I should have used KJV, for a better understanding of it.

20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

This is also taking place with regard to today's preaching. The WHOLE COUNSEL is not being preached on, because men prefer to have those who will tell them what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear. And, they are doing it for financial gain.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

If you go back to the passages in Acts 20, and look at verse 33, Paul is making the distinction between himself and others, who were after silver, due to coveteous practices, and thus misleading the flock.

So, what was it they were withholding in their preaching?

Why did Paul clarify that he was innocent of the blood of men?

The answer is in Ezekiel 3:16-21, 33:7-9, Acts 18:6

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

very interesting topic, thanks Suzane!

Dear Blien,

Did you find out what it was, that was missing from the preaching?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Suzanne,

What's missing?

Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (heaven and earth are still here, thus so are the law and the prophets)5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, (that God doesn't requre man to teach them and keep them) he shall be called the least in (nothing, or not really a part of the kingdom, a tare and not wheat) the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

5:21 You have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Here Jesus demonstrates without a doubt that He is not doing away with the Ten Commandments, all ten of them, but is magnifying them, making them of more import, extending their meaning to cover more than, not less than the original. So much for the teachings of man.

The answer is in Ezekiel 3:16-21, 33:7-9

What is it that the preachers aren't doing? What is lacking in order for it to be the WHOLE counsel of God?

In His Love,

Suzanne