• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Preterism is a variant of Christian eschatology which holds that some or all of the biblical prophecies concerning the Last Days (or End Times) refer to events which actually happened in the first century after Christ's birth. The term preterism comes from the Latin praeter, meaning "past". ...

in examining the eschatology, i found that i could not outright reject much of it; however i do have one question. if this is the correct eschatology, shouldn't things in the world be getting better and better as time goes on because the kingdom would be spreading and more of God's light would be entering the world?

am i confusing preterism with dominionism and if so, how are they different?

please only preterists reply as i do want info from this viewpoint (face it guys, your message is not nearly as easy to find out stuff about :noidea: thanks for your response.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

if this were true, that all the Bible Prophecy has been fulfilled during the 1st century, then what are we all doing here????? the 1000 year rule of Christ would have been over 1000 years ago, and the final judgement of all those on earth would have already taken place, including the battle of armagedon (takes place after the tribulation) and the battle of Gog and Magog (which takes place at the end of the 1000 year rule)....

if this were the case, there would be no mosq on the Temple Mount, but the New Jerusalem would have already been set in place, and there would no longer be any evil on this earth.....

mmmmmm

naaa, i do not think that is the case.....

mike

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

in examining the eschatology, i found that i could not outright reject much of it; however i do have one question. if this is the correct eschatology, shouldn't things in the world be getting better and better as time goes on because the kingdom would be spreading and more of God's light would be entering the world?

God has not and will not take away mans free will. Salvation is available to all, but not all receive it.

Many expect or believe that the Kingdom of God will be here when Christ reigns in earthly Jerusalem. This is contrary to what Christ himself said.

Luke 17:20

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Did Christ cast out devils by the Spirit of God...of course. So, according to Christ the Kingdom of God had come.

Matthew 12:28

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

you answered your own question by asking.."shouldn't the world be getting better?" That should be proof alone of where we biblically are at.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

God has not and will not take away mans free will. Salvation is available to all, but not all receive it.

Many expect or believe that the Kingdom of God will be here when Christ reigns in earthly Jerusalem. This is contrary to what Christ himself said.

Luke 17:20

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Did Christ cast out devils by the Spirit of God...of course. So, according to Christ the Kingdom of God had come.

Matthew 12:28

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

you answered your own question by asking.."shouldn't the world be getting better?" That should be proof alone of where we biblically are at.

I asked no such question.

Do you deny that Christ was correct when he told others the Kingdom of God had come UPON them?

Luke 11:20

But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Christ was speaking in the present tense, not the future.

I am talking to the original person who posted. When you become saved you are a citizen of heaven seating in heavenly places, yes the kingdom of God has come upon me.