• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

How come no one says ITA to being against lying to their children, about anything? :emot-pray:

Well I suppose I could "ITA" myself. :thumbsup:

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Gosh I really can't believe how long this topic has gone on for.

I'm not going to say anymore on the topic since it's clear both groups are going to have to "agree to disagree".

But before I leave, I would like to address those members who have employed the use of the term "hypocrite". In your arguments you have resorted to name calling, rude comments, and excessive judgement upon those that do not agree with your points. In response to your "arguments" (or as you would like them to be termed, even though they are clearly what I describe as above) the parties have attempted to calm the waters, taking as little offense as possible (for that, they should be congratulated). So really, when I open my bible, who are the real hypocrites? The ones that allow their kids to believe in fairytales, or the ones who treat their fellow brothers and sisters with anger, distaste, and blatant disrespect?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

A hypocrite is a person who lives one way and expects others to live another.

If I have lied to my children, when I have, I have always asked their forgiveness. That is not hypocracy, that is human nature and Biblical teaching. If you have lied to your child and never asked their forgiveness for it, yet expected them to never lie to you, or ask your forgiveness for their lie, you would be considered a hypocrite.

I would never expect my children to tell me the truth when I willingly, knowingly tell them lies. And it would be wrong for me to do so. Until that sin is repented of, I have no right to.

Shalom Bib,

You are correct and hit the issue spot on. The issue is willingly and knowingly CHOOSING to lie to our children.

That is a slap in the face of our L-rd and Savior!

Aren't all lies "willingly and knowingly"? How can a person lie without knowing or intending to do so?

Guest Biblicist
CHOOSING to lie to our children.

That is a slap in the face of our L-rd and Savior!

Aren't all lies "willingly and knowingly"?

I would say, yes, absolutly.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I'm not going to say anymore on the topic since it's clear both groups are going to have to "agree to disagree".

But before I leave, I would like to address those members who have employed the use of the term "hypocrite". In your arguments you have resorted to name calling, rude comments, and excessive judgement upon those that do not agree with your points. In response to your "arguments" (or as you would like them to be termed, even though they are clearly what I describe as above) the parties have attempted to calm the waters, taking as little offense as possible (for that, they should be congratulated). So really, when I open my bible, who are the real hypocrites? The ones that allow their kids to believe in fairytales, or the ones who treat their fellow brothers and sisters with anger, distaste, and blatant disrespect?

You obviously read the thread with a biased view and only see one side. True I got a little offensive myself in one post (which I apologized for), but really, most of the offense was from those who feel very defensive about the issue.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,901
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

So.......can anyone tell me....

What does ITA mean? :emot-pray:

Guest Biblicist

I posted this earlier, not sure who saw it. Thought it might bear repeating...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is the trend I see here at Worthy, in almost every subject. Someone brings a clear admonishment from the Word of God and they get jumped on by others as "holier than thou". I think each of us needs to stop and think..."Why am I getting so upset at this wise counsel from the WORD OF GOD?" Normally, I know in my life, when advise from the Word of God is presented and it upsets me it is because I have been convicted of my sin and do not want to listen to the TRUTH. I would tend to believe that is true in every Christian's life. So before you start to kill the messenger why not try listening to the message. Because, no matter how it is presented it is still words from our MIGHTY GOD.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

You obviously read the thread with a biased view and only see one side. True I got a little offensive myself in one post, but really, most of the offense was from those who feel very defensive about the issue.

Okay I'm sorry, but I have to ask. How can one be both offensive and defensive at the same time?

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I posted this earlier, not sure who saw it. Thought it might bear repeating...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is the trend I see here at Worthy, in almost every subject. Someone brings a clear admonishment from the Word of God and they get jumped on by others as "holier than thou". I think each of us needs to stop and think..."Why am I getting so upset at this wise counsel from the WORD OF GOD?" Normally, I know in my life, when advise from the Word of God is presented and it upsets me it is because I have been convicted of my sin and do not want to listen to the TRUTH. I would tend to believe that is true in every Christian's life. So before you start to kill the messenger why not try listening to the message. Because, no matter how it is presented it is still words from our MIGHTY GOD.

ITA