• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

If I only saw him waving, I probably would just wave back - thinking that he was just being friendly. But if he said that he needed help, that would be a different story. After all, during the Christmas season, people tend to be friendlier, and smile and wave more often.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

It wasnt a traditional wave, it was a motion to please come over type wave. hard to explain it. It was the kind of wave where your palm faces yourself and you wave your fingers in towards yourself.

By the way, I posted at a board where other paraplegics/quadraplegics and spouses post. A huge complaint seems to be people helping even though the person has said he/she does not want help. So though it's nice to ask, make sure if the person says he/she does not want your help, that you leave them alone.

I ask them first. Jeffery dahmer appeared to need assistance and that is how he got his girls.

i think you mean ted bundy. dahmer killed boys.

i'm sorry your husband didn't get the help he needed. i would guess people, for the most part, mistook his intentions. was there nobody in the parking lot outside of their vehicle who he may have been able to verbally ask for assistance? maybe next time, if he's not at a mall or something, he could go back into the store and ask for assistance.

if i'd have been there, i would have helped. at the very least i would have stopped and told him i would go find someone able to help him.

Guest Biblicist

Sweetie, Ted Bundy used to pretend he was hurt to get help from women and we all know what he did.

Likely some people didn't want to help your husband because they thought he might be a preditor. Sad as that sounds, it's true. Fear is a powerful thing.

I am sorry that your husband had a bad experience, forgive them, they know not what they do. :emot-handshake:

Sweetie, Ted Bundy used to pretend he was hurt to get help from women and we all know what he did.

Likely some people didn't want to help your husband because they thought he might be a preditor. Sad as that sounds, it's true. Fear is a powerful thing.

I am sorry that your husband had a bad experience, forgive them, they know not what they do. :noidea:

I didnt know about that! *sigh*

I think unless we can get a lift for the van, it is best my husband just not go anywhere alone.

I am so sorry that this has happened to your husband as well as you even though you were not there. It is disheartening.

I always go to someone you appears that they may need assistance! My family were always upset with me due to the fact they had visions of me being kidnapped and then found dead!!!

I ask them first. Jeffery dahmer appeared to need assistance and that is how he got his girls.

The christmas season you will think will bring along with it more compassionate people, but here in New york it brings out the worse as well.

And this also presents a utter vulnerabilty to him in more ways than one. People these days are afraid to get involved.

you guys need a plan.

This should never happen to him again.

perhaps their may be a fund by the government for a lift van or maybe for him to return to where he had been. Perhaps next time He can have someone walk him to the parking lot. patricia1

My husband desperately needs a lift. Insurance pays for everything, even house modifications, but they will not pay for a wheelchair lift in our van. :noidea: They will even pay for a power chair, which absolutely needs a lift as it is too heavy to get into the van without a lift. But...they wont pay for the lift. :taped:

If you are a woman alone and a man needs help, I would suggest you ask the man if he needs help, and then offer to go get him some help rather than help him yourself.

emily, it might be worth a shot to join a "freecycle" yahoo group in your city, and request a lift. you never know, you may get one. i've seen people request and receive almost every thing under the sun on our local freecycle group.

Wow, that would be amazing to be blessed like that Lady C! We'll give it a try and let you know what happens! :noidea:

Hmmm, it says I need to be registered with Yahoo. Does that mean I have to download the whole Yahoo instant messenger program? Cause I have tried to do that twice before, and each time, my computer broke within a couple days. Maybe if I dump some of the other programs my computer can handle yahoo? (we have alot of games that came with computer that we never play) Or, maybe I could have a friend from church post at yahoo on our behalf? Hmm,, you certainly have me brainstorming!