• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1971

I am praying for you Blein, that GOD be with you and use you to make a difference in his life.

GOD bless you,

zaidenmom :emot-hug:

Hey everyone, I have a friend who was very close to me from when we were very little about 10 or younger and earlier this year we got into an argument and canceled our friendship for good. Well... after almost a year we both appoligised to each other but during the time we were seperated I have become a real active Christian and he is still with his sinful ways with the world. Now, God is the most important thing of my life and I am constantly endevouring to include him in everything I do say or think.. but this friend of mine is very selfish still and thinks not of other people besides his own interests which is one of the reasons we got into a fight last time.

Yesterday he left me a message on my voicemail and invited me to meet up for coffee so we can meet and talk (he wants to talk business I'm sure of it). But I'm not ready to befriend him because of his sinful ways and his uncommitment with God... how do I say no to this and all other invites until he does?

Meeting old friends after a long time can be a bit of a shock for both involved. I've run into people I used to run with before salvation, and when they found out I was saved they took off in a hurry. Some of that is expected, but the friends you've known for many years can hurt a bit.

You are the one closest to the situation, but I would pray about what the Lord would have you say in this or any other meetings you might have with this person. I'd go for the coffee. It could be that Jesus is opening a door for a chance to witness to him. I certainly wouldn't share details of your business and that. I would also be very careful if he suggests some sort of business partnership -- "unequally yoked" comes to mind here, at least until he becomes a believer and there's some fruit in his life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay blien

you could say meet on nutral ground say invite him to your place sit out side and have coffe with him i know it must be hard yet god could also have his hands on this

it has hapend with me and i use to always freak out how i was found as the guys i use to work for in kings cross wear like blood brothers we held nothing back we wear their for one another not al the time but when one of us wear in a sticky situation or something was going down one of us would always make sure the other one was safe

when god began to move in my life i found it hard to let go i could not stop thinking of my mates we even had punch ups this is how crazy we wear but we always said sorry the next day and got smashed which puzzled some of those that new us once some one tried to sepperate us by throwing a spanner in the midle and when they saw this and it did not work they gave up

wear i was living in canberra one friend who i use to deal with tracked me down i sort of told him i am going to church but this did not stop him from talking buisness as he wanted to open up shop wear i was living and wanted me to do what i use to do i sort of had to stand my ground and i was even ready for a fight but when i said no and made it very clear that i need change in my life he sort of got the hint i said i wil be hear for you i never shut the door on his face but i said you also need to respect wear i am at know in my life he saw the changes in me and he did not take that offer which did hurt me blien

also i was going threw miracle haven a rehab run by the salvation army hear in australia and my very best mate who i had not seen or lost contac turned up out of the blue just to say hello as he was told i could not have that much time with him by the staff but they allowed us to sit together at the front and talk for 20 min you could not fit much in for the time i was given but he left me his adress he was the one who was their for me when my marraige fell appart and hitched all the way from bogabrri to canberra and drove my car with my stuff back to his place as the people in my church did not want nothing to do with me even my pastor

if you have had a strong friend ship blien do not brake it but just let him know wear you stand if you can do this to the point wear he does not try to trip you up as he wil know your weaknesses very well blien take a look at this verse in the gospel of john

john 12 new spirit filled life bible

45 and he who sees me sees him who sent me

46 i have come as a light into the world that whoever belives in me should not abide in darkness

47 and if anyone hears my words and does not belive i do not judge him for i did not come to judge

the world but to save the world

yes we are not to mix with darkness but you can be that light jesus talks about in your friends life i do this with mick when ever he needs to talk to me mick knows i wil not judge him and he knows he can trust me

you no longer belong to the spirit of this world your friend though worships the spirit of this world and he is stil living in sin jesus says hate the sin but not the person

matthew 5 new spirit filled life bible love your enemies

44 but i say to you love your enemies bless those who curse you do good to those who hate you

and pray for those who spitfully use you and persecute you

48 therfore you shall be perfect just as your father in heaven is perfect

jesus also says this if you can not keep your promise be a man and say it to him

matthew 5 new spirit filled life bible

34 but i say to you do not swear at all neither by heaven for it is gods throne

35 nor by the earth for it is his foot stole nor by jerusalem for it is the city of the great king

36 nor shal you swear by your head because you can not make one hair white or black

37 but let your yes be yes and your no no for what ever is more than these is from the evil one

the bible gives us wisdom if we know how to search for this wisdom that the bible speaks about blien i have given you some tips for the situation you are in with your mate you are a man of god know blien and you can be that man your mate turns to in his troubled times to wear one day you wil be able to lead him threw the sinners prayer dont shut him off all together from your life blien

let the holy spirit give you the choice words to say to your friend do not talk on glory days as satan does use this but when you feel this is going to happen talk on something else no use boasting about the good old glory days

my other mate is a rebel and he knows not to do this with me when i am with him we talk about healthy things not on the glory days as his x is my best friend and she is in jail for murder and i am very close to both of them as her 3 girls are in his care i let him be him self with out playing church or bringing in religon as i am comming into his home and i need to show some respect as wel but i also pray and cover my self that way nothing clings to me when i am in his home other bikies are their he plays his music and we have respect for each other his mates even know i am a christian and treat me with utter respect this took time to happen blien and these guys keep an eye out for me when i am in penrith and wil stop and talk to me i wil even sit on their harleys and we wil just talk sometimes i wil share what is going on in my life as i am comfterbal doing this and i show no fear i also wil be teling my mate i am about to be ordained as a pastor and living in the philippines and wil give him a contac adress and ph number to wear i wil acpet the reverse charge call if he ever needs to talk

you wil be fine just do not push him out of your life all together blien as jesus forgave you for your sins you forgive your mate for the hurtful words and leave this at the foot of the cross do not throw this in his face

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Thank you Walla and Damo for your sweet words. Yes Damien, those verses were really helpful to me thank you.. I really enjoyed hearing your experiances too. Walla your advice was really practical too.. well when I meet with him I will tell you all of how it went.

Thank you all my friends,

GOD BLESS YOU

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Blein,

There isn't anymore to add here. Just let the wisdom of the Holy Spirit lead

you, you won't be led down a wrong path.

Your sis in Christ, Terri