• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

w00t...one of my fave topics!

I don't believe that Jesus drank alcohol...I believe that drinking alcohol in public is a sin. I don't think there is any scriptural or historical evidence that Jesus definitively drank alcohol. I don't think there is enough evidence in scripture to condemn a person who drinks alcohol in the privacy of their own home where they cannot be a stumbling block to others.

The first miracle that Jesus performed was at a wedding - changing water into wine.

Do you believe that Jesus would intentionally offend the host of the wedding by not partaking of the wine? In fact, it is historically, culturally annd Biblically accurate to believe that Jesus drank wine.

Second, drinking in public is not a sin. To believe such is simply not Biblical. Again, the wedding in Cana was a very public affair. Jewish wedding celebrations typically lasted several days and were very public affairs - just as they are today. Furthermore, there were the various feasts, like the feast of the Passover for example, which were public affairs that included the consumption of wine.

Jesus was a Jew. He was born, raised, and lived as a Jew. Therefore He partook of all the Jewish feast observation just as any other normal Jewish person would have in His day. So there is no reason whatsoever to believe that Jesus did not consume wine or that the participation of drinking wine should have been conducted in private to guard from sin.

Guest alsgaeach

The bible does not teach that drinking alcohol is a sin, In 1 Corinthians Paul speaks about drunkeness in chapter 6, he states that this type of behavior will not inherit the kingdom of God, Paul also said that all things are permissible for him, but not everything is beneficial for him, Christ did drink wine. Why would Christ turn water into wine if it was wrong to drink, why would the groom make mention that the best wine was saved for last if it was just grape juice and not wine, good wine I might add! Paul also states that we are to be careful of what we do in front of those that are weaker than others that have the freedom to do all things, we sin if we cause another person to fall. I think a christian should abstain from drinking alcohol because we want to be the very best witness for our Lord and Savior, alcohol is such a hugh stumbling block in this world for so many people, how can the unbeliever see a difference in us if we are doing the same things that they are doing, Paul said do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds. Thanks

Edited by alsgaeach

Guest theseldomscene

i am satisfied with your answers and see more clearly that i have nothing to worry about in driunking....where though do we draw the line as to how mcuh we drink? I am on my fourth beer (14% bv) in 2 hours..is that a SIN?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

drunkness is the sin, when your drunk, or your drinking to get drunk, you've crossed that line.

Guest alsgaeach

You need to ask yourself, why do you feel the need to drink so much beer? What are you trying to achieve? I can tell you this, If you come from a family that drinks alot of alcohol, you are headed down a very dark path, I've been there and you don't want to go there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

i am satisfied with your answers and see more clearly that i have nothing to worry about in driunking....where though do we draw the line as to how mcuh we drink? I am on my fourth beer (14% bv) in 2 hours..is that a SIN?

I will look into your original question scene and get back to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

If you're drunk.

Guest alsgaeach

In Genesis 9:21 Noah drank wine and got drunk, one of his sons came upon him in his nakedness and God cursed his son. Also in Genesis 19 :32-35 Lots daughters got him drunk and went in and slept with him, he did not even know what he had done, I would say in both cases drinking wine was acceptable for them, but not beneficial for them, well I'm not sure what the problem was with Noah's son seeing him naked while he was asleep, this is very interesting why that was such a problem.

Guest theseldomscene
You need to ask yourself, why do you feel the need to drink so much beer? What are you trying to achieve?

I just love the way it tastes.. plus theres lots of vitamins in the beer i drink