• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have never ever seen a female indecently exposed as a result of being put under the spirit. And if one comes from a pentecostal church you should know that, people stand with cloths just in case... what pentecostal church did you come from...?

Sounds like someone is a little angry...

grieve not thy Holy Spirit....

:35::) Just thought of something true and funny.... People were outraged as I danced before the Lord at my church many years ago... It was not the dance...it was that I wore no shoes on my feet!!! Needless to say the pastor laughed..They eventually left and the outpouring of the Spirit of God was overwhelming. It was like a dam breaking...patricia1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men." John 1:1-4

"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:10-12

"In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:15-16

:emot-heartbeat:

THE FAMILY

Wow! A Big Brother! A Baby Sister!

Oh What A Blessing They Are!

Thank You KING Jesus!

You Are Wonderful!

You Are LORD!

Hallelujah!

Glory!

:emot-pray:

Easy To Esteem

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Philippians 2:3

No Hogwash In His House

"But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:22

Just The Precious Blood Of The Lamb

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

Washing The Kid's Of Grace

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

Unto Unfeigned Love

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:" 1 Peter 1:22

:noidea:

Freely Give

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." Matthew 10:8

Honor The KING

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

Rejoice Evermore

"See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:15-19

And Love One Another

"That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another." 1 Thessalonians 4:6-9

He's Coming Back!

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

BTW, concerning the scripture that says, "Let everything be done decently and in order." Most of the time, people emphasize "decently and in order." To me that's secondary. I believe the "Let everything be done" is primary because if everything is not being done, it can not be decent and in order! Furthermore, the "Let everything be done" refers to the spiritual gifts, so is it viable to say that if the spiritual gifts are not being done, then the service or fellowship is not decent and in order?

Guest bigblue
BTW, concerning the scripture that says, "Let everything be done decently and in order." Most of the time, people emphasize "decently and in order." To me that's secondary. I believe the "Let everything be done" is primary because if everything is not being done, it can not be decent and in order! Furthermore, the "Let everything be done" refers to the spiritual gifts, so is it viable to say that if the spiritual gifts are not being done, then the service or fellowship is not decent and in order?

You can twist the Scripture to say what you want it to say, but that never changes what God meant by that verse. He means worship in the Church. But we all have our beliefs. As most of us know, we probably won't change each others views on the Word of God. So we post our beliefs. Therefore, I step aside, and will not post anything else on the topic, because I feel that it has became just a big argument. God Bless.

sherman..That statement was exact and astute.. You are right in what you are saying9in my opinion)...Many people do not pick it up that way...You have not twisted scripture.. Your knowledge excedes his, we are to follow wisdom and knowledge not run away from it. patricia1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

HisMindinme and bigblue,

I disagree with you whole heartedly in certain cases that I know are true and from the Spirit. I will agree that there are those who are false, but you should be very careful on how you dis the Holy Spirit. Take heed!

Matthew 12:33-37

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

:huh:

so you do not believe the scriptures given to you as stable and truth in regards to being put to sleep in the spirit of God. I much rather belive in Healing through the blood of Jesus who Is my only Hope then believe in emminant demise.

Doctors have no explanation for me being alive. I suppose satan gave me life hnh...If you had a terminal illness you will not seek out Jesus' healing touched and accept the why he chose to heal you.? My, My. Not all is hogwash my sisters and brothers... How does one QUENCH the Spirit Biblically? i would like to understand your perspective on this mattter perhaps there is already another thread from long ago or we can start one. thanks :huh: patricia1

Put to sleep in the Spirit! BWAHAHAHAHA ... You've got to be kidding!

Every place I can find in the NT about "sleep" has to do with death and dying. Also, there is no "put to sleep in the Spirit of God" in the scripture. THIS is PRECISELY what I am talking about when pointing out how people make things up. Anecdotal evidence based on experience, feelings, emotions and so on.

I am NOT saying there is no Holy Spirit. I am NOT saying there are no giftings and workings of the miraculous. I am NOT saying there is not an outpouring of His Spirit on us by the laying on of hands. I am NOT saying there are NOT tongues and interpretations. I am NOT "dis" 'ing the Spirit of God.

What I am "dis" 'ing is the mind of US human beings -- radically and powerfully ENSLAVED to the lusts of our flesh. I don't know about you, but my FLESH goes with me to church. My mind goes as well. All of me "attends church". I have heard preachers point out how the devil goes to church, FAITHFULLY. Well, so do all my uncomely parts and peices, so does all my sinful nature, so does my flesh, so do my lusts and so on.

How does our human mind, enslaved to the lusts of our flesh, act and behave at church? How does the flesh feed at church? How do we lap at the trough of lusts while at church? Do you think we can do so with doctrines and dogmas? Do you think we can do so with what we do and say and hang a shingle on it that reads, "SPIRIT OF GOD HERE!"

YOU BET WE CAN! Not only can we -- WE DO! Many of us. I did for 20+ years. You may "know" things you think are "of" the Spirit of God, but I SURELY do know how my own flesh behaved and still would like to behave along with the aid of my human flesh lust enslaved mind AT CHURCH and DOING church things!

Personally, I am unmoved and unconvinced at the "This is how I worship and how the Spirit is for me" argument.

Unity, Unity, Unity of the ... SPIRIT OF GOD and Christ formed in us ... His mind in US. THIS is the ONLY true thing we have. This is the ONLY source of getting at the truth of what Christ is wanting to accomplish in us.

Edited by HisMindinme

One other thing: That was quite a stretch to say that I was saying ALL of what happens in churches and labeled as "The Spirit of God" is not so. That is NOT what I was saying. There is MUCH of the working of the Spirit of God, yet I wonder.

A pastor friend of mine asked me once, "Larry, why are you not coming to church? Answer me honestly."

"Well, Pastor", I said, "I was raised a Methodist and you folks don't do it like they do it. I don't know about this raising of hands and so on."

Then he said to me, "Larry, you may have the truth and I may have a lie, but I have seen my lie change more lives than your truth ever will!"

For many years, I thought that was quite a reply and response. So much so, that I joined that church and was there for many years. I clung to that church to the bitter end. I was twenty-one when I had that conversation above. I am 44 now (almost a whopping 45). There's been a couple years between then and now.

What I am wondering at is the "changed lives". Jesus said to the Jews:

Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Having a change in life and life-style is NOT the "sign" of God working and the Spirit of God working. Having the Mind of Christ formed in us and the fruits of THAT change is. Do you see what I am saying? There is a vast difference between generic change and the change that results from having the Mind of Christ IN us (you and me).

Notice what Jesus is saying above: The Jews were making "converts". Being "converted" is not what this is about. Jesus points directly and says the person "converted" is now TWICE the "child of hell" that the Jew's He was talking to were. WOW! Get that! Ponder it! Dwell on it for a moment! Give it some focus and let it expand for you!

if you read my previous posts you would find the scriptures. Even paul did not Know if he was asleep or not so you are not looking very hard. find my post or don't find it. but you are not changing any minds here. You do sound a bit angry though

Paul on the road to damascus with all who were on the ground. I doubt even you would be able to stand upright if the presence Of The Lord God came down before you in such a way. Just a bit of Our God' shoulder blinded Moses.!!!