IGNORED

Is Ishmael the Father of Islam (Musilims)?

getat151

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

shiloh thank you for your patience with me ..L0l at least I got some right. That is where I am wrong with thinking islam is a race, I gotta slap that thought from my mind, It is stuck in there... :mgfrog:

I think I am referring to 2nd Kings: 16-5,6 ...wait a minute I have to check it out.

Okay in verse five of of 2nd Kings 16 it says:

• Then Rezin king of syria and pekah son of Remaliah KING of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: (Now Jerusalem was the capital of the Soutern kingdom where Judah was)
  • and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome Him ( I believe it was Godly intervention)

verse 6

At that time Rezin king of syria recovered Elath to Syria and drove the Jews from Elath: and the syrians came onto Elath, and dwelt there unto this day

This is the King James version but it appears that some israelites fought along side syria her to try and over come Judah. I am not quite sure? Who is Elath today?

How true you are about Jesus and anyone give claim to who He is through davids line other than Jesus..I certainly agree with you and it is a point for every christian to know and remember this. For even today there are those with that delusion..messiah complex and many fall prey.

I find it sad at times to think about it...That when I discuss things that in asking about the messiahs return I see lost hope sometimes.This will be a major deception in the days to come.

Our father did a great thing in hiding His people well to keep lineage going and to the gentiles benefit, Some may not realize.

I have to write down some of what you said. I get a lot of senior moments...Lol and need to repeat things over and over to remember. Thank-you for your help so I can understand better.

oh, Is it appropiate to call a nonchristian hebrew a gentiel Jew. I haven't but sometimes to keep things straight in my head I do things to help be differentiate stuff. Thanks once again. patricia1 :40:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I think I am referring to 2nd Kings: 16-5,6 ...wait a minute I have to check it out.

Okay in verse five of of 2nd Kings 16 it says:

Then Rezin king of syria and pekah son of Remaliah KING of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: (Now Jerusalem was the capital of the Soutern kingdom where Judah was)

and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome Him ( I believe it was Godly intervention)

verse 6

At that time Rezin king of syria recovered Elath to Syria and drove the Jews from Elath: and the syrians came onto Elath, and dwelt there unto this day

This is the King James version but it appears that some israelites fought along side syria her to try and over come Judah. I am not quite sure? Who is Elath today?

Okay, I see what you are saying now... I guess I was confused because of your reference to Ezek. 11:15, which refers to a totally different thing. Yes, it would appear that there an alliance of the northern Kingdom with Syria to overthrow Ahaz and replace him with a different king.

Who is Elath today?
I dont think Elath is habitated today. It was a port city on the red sea. It was taken by David when he conquered Edom and was used by Solomon as a port for his merchant fleets.

oh, Is it appropiate to call a nonchristian hebrew a gentiel Jew
Such a person would simply be a Jew. That would be the most appropriate way to refer to him/her.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Sometimes my thoughts run in different directions but I am typing another thought.. I confuse myself just sitting alone.... :whistling: Thanks

Guest shiloh357
Sometimes my thoughts run in different directions but I am typing another thought.. I confuse myself just sitting alone.... :whistling: Thanks

You're welcome :(