IGNORED

If someone you love says to you they reject God because...

Emily~Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

It's a whole complicated difficult mess. These are people I love very much. Their daughter passed away a year ago. She did not believe in God either as far as we know. However, her last weeks, she was unable to speak or even hold a pen to write. So who knows what her beliefs really were as she lay on her deathbed? Who knows what kind of revelations she may have had, or if someone came to her bedside and shared the gospel with her? There is the story of the robber on the cross who was hung on the cross next to Jesus. He put his faith in Jesus as he hung there dying, and that day, went to be in paradise with Jesus. I can only hope the same happened for their daughter. But to try to get too in depth about heaven and hell with them, would mean they would have to ponder that maybe their daughter went, well you know where. :thumbsup: I cant stand to think of it. I know such a thought would be so utterly painful for them. What do you say? They believe their daughter still has contact with them through supernatural happenings. (I ask that you all respond only in love and heartfelt genuine compassion please) But yet, I just cant stand the thought that these two people so near and dear to my heart, may very well go to hell. I dont know wether just to keep my mouth shut and only say what is comforting (without actually supporting their beliefs though), or frantically try to warn them. But yet, I have already tried to warn them. But they politely asked me to respect their beliefs. Which is what I am doing right now. It's like seeing them in a house that is on fire and is going to burn them alive, and they refuse to believe their house is on fire, and that house is the only thing keeping them sane at the moment. I could try to convince them that Jesus will give them ultimate healing, (even if full healing does not occur until they go to heaven) but for them to step out of the comfort of that burning house is the thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Another point is that we are not to concern ourselves to greatly with the physical life, because it is very temporary. Our spiritual life is much more important.

God did not make the choice. God gave man the ability to choose, and man is the only one responsible for our suffering. Blaming God for our mistakes is a way of trying to get around that which is what is. It's a cop out.

God sent His Son, who suffered more pain than any of us could ever begin to imagine, so where does anyone get off blaming God for what man has caused?

I would respect their decision. I would continue to love them and challenge them to never stop seeking truth, but beyond that, I would merely be an ear for their frustration, and a shoulder for them to cry on. I would continue to develop relationship with them. I would try my hardest to be a comfort in a world full of tragedy.

I would respect their decision.

Second I would remind them not to worry. I would tell them to live a good life, and be kind, and love people. I would tell them that there is such a thing as morals without religion, and not to treat this life as a stepping stone to heaven. I would reassure them that they are loved, reguardless of belief, and to keep their head up.

I would remind them not to worry.

Third, I would remind them that what they believe does not make them who they are. I would only speak about it if they brought it up, and asked for my opinion. I would not constantly remind them of all they are missing, rather, I would love them and love life with them. I would not keep inviting them to church, I would not try to "witness" to them or "convert" them, I would merely love them. I would continue to build the bond of friendship or family that has been established.

I would remind them that what they believe does not make them who they are.

Thoughtful,

God Bless you, I have to ask sincerely now. a Have I misunderstood you? All it takes for me to not stop witnessing with all my heart, strength, and soul is to imagine that soul for one minute in hell. Then my misssion is very clear and I hold out Hope that no matter how annoying I may be, I don't want them to ever say, I didn't tell them. :thumbsup:

The other thing is this, I know people who are like this and they are very close to me personally. I do not mince words and if asked will speak the Truth in Love. However, and I hope this is where I am misunderstanding you, I will not force my faith down their throats. I will tell them where their ultimate decision will land them though.

The decision we make in this life will be the difference between heaven and a seperation from God that is just unimaginable.

Peace,

Dave