• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

I think you seek attention, Mel. I think that's alot of the reason why you say some of the things that you do.Even negative attention is better than no attention at all, isn't it ? I don't mean it in a bad way, we all need attention. There's nothing wrong with that. As I said in another thread, God is paying attention to you too, Mel. PRAYING FOR YOU

Im sorry you think so, look if I want attention I wouldnt come to a place where I am unsure if people will listen to me and my ideas.

I didn't mean to offend you, Mel. I'm truly sorry if I did. I got that impression from a few things you said in your previous posts. If you really seek instruction, I ask you to read your Bible. All of the extrabiblical literature you've been refering to seems to be confusing you. If you'll listen to The Word of God, you'll be able to discern the false gospels. I am no scholar, I just have a sincere heart for The Lord. There are no short cuts to understanding sound doctrine, and no one gains that understanding without the help of the Holy Spirit. If you're seeking God with a sincere heart, He WILL find you.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Enoch

Hebrews says.

That Jesus was the high priest of the order of Mechizedek.

It attatches that title to him (High Priest) through out the book.

As an interesting aside I was glancing through Heb to find how to spell Mechizedek.

And I noticed something I had forgoten about but that a Gnostic friend of mine on the same course (A good decade and so my senior) Pointed out that their is a verse wich I went and found that says.

Heb 5;9

"and once MADE perfect." It talks about Christ being made perfect, this implys he wasnt perfect to begin with??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

No, the author of Hebrews does not imply what you think.

What it means is that His assignment wasn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Amazing how he totally missed the very beginning of the book.

Hebrews 1

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Sad, isn't it?

Guest shadow2b
-Heb 5;9

"and once MADE perfect." It talks about Christ being made perfect, this implys he wasnt perfect to begin with??

-Half-quoting or MISquoting scripture only shows LACK of understanding of

-scripture-& displays ones total ignorance of scripture.{ignorance implies one just

-doesn't know---but knowledge can be increased IF one studies}...The rest of that

-chapter describes quite -well those that are ignorant of scripture--THEY are

-called"UNskilled BABES"still on-MILK-who should"listen & learn"instead of

-promoting half-baked UNscriptural-I-DEE'S