IGNORED

Bible as a science text book

Lcash

true. there may be a few science things in there, and a few carpentry things, a few mathematical things, but it's not a textbook for any of those things.

law, history, poetry, prophecy, now those things are worthy of being taught from scripture... but not math or science and the like.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth" Psalm 121:2

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" Romans 10:9

"And Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail" Hebrews 1:10-12

"For the invivisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without exuse" Romans 1:20

:wub:

The Bible is a soul saver, not a science saver

:whistling:

Amen!

:24:

Bye Bye

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away
Luke 21:33

Watch Time Fly

And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer
Revelation 10:6

Stand On Science Don't Even Try

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one

Romans 3:10-12

Call Upon The Name Of The Lord God Most High

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved
Romans 10:13

And Whosoever Will Can Come And Freely Drink And Live Aye

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:16-17

:wub:

See Jesus And Believe And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"and the evening and the morning were the first day"

That is right one evening and one day = one 24 hr day,you do not need to be a scientist to figure that one out.

I get it now,it doesn't take a scientist to figure it out,it takes a scientist to confuse the issue.

Sometimes people are just to smart for the own good.

Some things are simple but people want every thing to be complex and end up confusing their selves and every one else.

When is being smart not to one's benefit? Who says scientists want things to be complex? To quote Heissenberg in a converstaion with Einstein, "If nature leads us to mathematical forms of great simplicity and beauty - by forms I am referring to coherent systems of hypothesis, axioms, etx. - to forms that no one has previously encountered, we cannot help thinking that they are "true," that they reveal a genuine feature of nature...You must have felt this too: The almost frightening simplicity and wholeness of the relationships which nature suddenly spreads out before us and for which none of us was in the least prepared."

Many mathematical physicists will dismiss a theory due solely to its complexity.

Edited by mikeinsarasota

i'm just wondering why everyone seems to think morning and evening meant 24 hours, since science has already proven that it doesn't? a little fact that gets ignored everytime it is brought up...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Does anybody know what time it is?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

The Bible is NOT a science text book and should not be presented as being one.

Science Is Not The Bible And Should Not Be Presented As Being One.

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17

The Holy Bible Exposes Sins

"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death" Proverbs 8:36

And Shows The Redeemer

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight" Colossians 1:13-22

The Holy Ghost Convects The Sinner

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you" John 16:7-14

:emot-hug:

Don't Leave Home Without The Bible

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" Psalms 119:11

And Belief In The Lord Jesus Christ

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

Eternity Could Be Just Up Ahead

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape" 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

Glory! Glory! Glory!

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord" 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

:(

Dear Brother Don't Just Smile And Wave Goodby To Sinners Bound For Hell

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 2 Timothy 4:2-4

Do Not Fear The Bible And Have No Shame Of God's Words

"Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels" Mark 8:38

And Do Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

PS: Worthy Is A Bible-Full Zone And A Word Or Two Or Three Could Appear In Any Post On Any Thread At Any Time Without Any Warning.

To The False Fakers - Fright

To The True Seekers - Delight

Jesus Is KING And His Holy Words Will Ring

The B-I-B-L-E

Oh! The B-I-B-L-E,

Yes that's the book for me.

I stand alone on the word of God,

the B-I-B-L-E!

The B-I-B-L-E

I'll take it along with me,

I'll read and pray,

and then obey,

the B-I-B-L-E.

By F-A-I-T-H,

I'm S-A-V-E-D,

I'll stand alone

on the word of God,

The B-I-B-L-E.

The B-L-O-O-D

That Jesus shed for me

Cleansed me from sin,

I belong to him,

The B-L-O-O-D

http://www.ebibleteacher.com/children/songs.htm#BIBLE

GREAT POST!!! :rolleyes::20::( AMEN and AMEN bro!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Does anybody know what time it is?

Does anybondy really care- about time?

Loved that song.

Lcash

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I'm surprised so many take such a 'low view' of the Scripture.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm surprised so many take such a 'low view' of the Scripture.

Low View? Please expound on this. What low view? I concider it a proper view.

Lcash