• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

50???

For any other nation, this is a blatant act of war!

Israel needs to go in and stomp these cockroaches to death once and for all!

I can't believe you said that. Thats what the extremist Hutu called the Tutsi's before they slaughtered 800,000 of them in the Rwandan genocide. Very Christ-like indeed. I hope you weren't serious.

I actually agree with Kari. She is talking about terrorists who are attacking Israel, and "cockroaches" is a very mild reference compared to what I would call them. I could think of some other choice things to call them and they would wholly accurate.

Furthermore, this conflict bears NO resemblance to the ethnic cleasing that occcured with reference to the Hutu's slaughter of the Tutsis, not by a long shot.

Why must we curse our enemies? And from what I have heard from Jesus, he would not want us to "stomp" them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
50???

For any other nation, this is a blatant act of war!

I can't believe you said that. Thats what the extremist Hutu called the Tutsi's before they slaughtered 800,000 of them in the Rwandan genocide. Very Christ-like indeed. I hope you weren't serious.

I actually agree with Kari. She is talking about terrorists who are attacking Israel, and "cockroaches" is a very mild reference compared to what I would call them. I could think of some other choice things to call them and they would wholly accurate.

Furthermore, this conflict bears NO resemblance to the ethnic cleasing that occcured with reference to the Hutu's slaughter of the Tutsis, not by a long shot.

Why must we curse our enemies? And from what I have heard from Jesus, he would not want us to "stomp" them.

You need to apply Jesus words properly. Jesus was talking about how we handle personal conflicts. He was not addressing issues concerning war. And when it comes to terrorists they need to be "stomped."

Its funny how people never find their outrage while the terorists are killing Jews. People only find their voice when stand against the terrorists.

You need to apply Jesus words properly.

(I have edited with underlines to show the most critical parts of the verses.)

The Beatitudes

1And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:

3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,

For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are those who mourn,

For they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek,

For they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

For they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful,

For they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart,

For they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers,

For they shall be called sons of God.

10Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,

For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

-Matthew 5:1-12

Edited by Ingelosi

Well, if we are to love our neighbors accross the street, but not across the border, isn't that hypocracy? Something Jesus stood strongly against.

Edited by Ingelosi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.74
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.84
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, if you want to believe Jesus' words mean you should let the street gang break into your house, shatter and steal your belongings, murder your son and rape your daughter without lifting a finger to stop them . . . that's your problem.

Well, if you want to believe Jesus' words mean you should let the street gang break into your house, shatter and steal your belongings, murder your son and rape your daughter without lifting a finger to stop them . . . that's your problem.

No its not my problem. Its theirs.

And I know, it's hard to say that for other people, being my son or my daughter, but I truly believe that God will judge the street gang accordingly on their day of judgment. I believe I will also be judged on whether I showed them to the truth and the light of Jesus Christ. And believe me, no one is beyond that.

Edited by Ingelosi

Guest shiloh357
Well, if we are to love our neighbors accross the street, but not across the border, isn't that hypocracy? Something Jesus stood strongly against.

NO that is not "hypocrisy." Hypocrisy is when you justify behavior for yourself that you condemn in others. It is a matter of holding yourself to a moral standard that you condemn other people when they adhere to the same standard you operate under.

Secondly, no one is advocating a position that says we are not supposed to love the Palestinians. The problem is that you are confusing issues.

How is defending yourself against terrorists and neutralizing a terrorist threat contrary to what Jesus taught?

The mistake you are making is in your application. Jesus was not addressing acts of war and terrorism. You are making an unwarranted and fallacious application. There is no way a reasonable person can compare dealing with a personal conflict and responding to an unprovoked act of barbaric agression like terrorism that seeks strike purposefully and indiscriminately at the most innocent and vulnerable members of Israeli/Jewish society or ANY given society, for that matter.

The Bible teaches that we are to walk in love, but we also told to uphold justice as well. Confronting an eliminating a terrorist threat falls under the category of seeking justice for those who are oppressed by terrorism. To deny that justice and to claim that destorying a terrorist threat, which means killing terrorists is proper, you do nothing but enbolden the terrorists and you also dehumanize the victims.

Again, you need to interpret Scripture in the light of object the author has in view, and not by the absurd and unjust standard you are currently employing.

Secondly, no one is advocating a position that says we are not supposed to love the Palestinians. The problem is that you are confusing issues.

No. I don't think I am. If you remember the whole reason for my concern...-

If you agree that was a hateful statement and should not have been said, we can end this discussion right now. Unless you wish to continue. :rolleyes:

How is defending yourself against terrorists and neutralizing a terrorist threat contrary to what Jesus taught?

Well, for one thing, you are killing them.

The mistake you are making is in your application. Jesus was not addressing acts of war and terrorism. You are making an unwarranted and fallacious application. There is no way a reasonable person can compare dealing with a personal conflict and responding to an unprovoked act of barbaric agression like terrorism that seeks strike purposefully and indiscriminately at the most innocent and vulnerable members of Israeli/Jewish society or ANY given society, for that matter.

Thats actually not what I'm saying. You skipped the part about how when Jesus told us to love our neighbors,how that doesn't apply to interaction with people beyond our borders (which is btw, a purely human invention)

The Bible teaches that we are to walk in love, but we also told to uphold justice as well. Confronting an eliminating a terrorist threat falls under the category of seeking justice for those who are oppressed by terrorism. To deny that justice and to claim that destorying a terrorist threat, which means killing terrorists is proper, you do nothing but enbolden the terrorists and you also dehumanize the victims.

When you kill someone who has not been reborn, your are condemning them to hell, because you are taking away a chance for them to discover the truth of Jesus. Now do you really want guilt on you when you yourself are judged? For a Christian, death should be welcomed if it is the true will of God, and if that means laying your life so another may live, apparently, there is no higher gift to give to another person.

Edited by Ingelosi

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Looks like we have another anti jew in our forums. Well to me it does any way.