• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

What does it mean exactly, " to believe in the trinity"?

Do the scriptures, support this belief?

Have you ever read the Bible through? If so, can you clearly see that there are three?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
You are wrong,no one has ever told me I could not express my opinion.

There are many people that have many opposing opinion to you and there are many things being discussed that are worse than trinity or oneness on these boards.

What makes you think that you are so special,that if you disagree with someone that means they can not express their view.

You did make it up.

The fact is oneness is the scriptural view of God and the trinity is mans way of explaining an unexplainable God.

The bible never indicates that God is three separate beings,over and over the bible confirms God is one.

I didn't make anything up. Like I said, it is false doctrine and has been reported for the mods for them to handle. I am not going to argue with you about it. You can believe in oneness if you want, that is your perogative, but I am a Christian and as such, I believe the Bible and not your man-made doctrine.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1972

The Doctrine of the Trinity is a man made interpitation of the nature of what men think scripture is saying what God is, As thought any one of us could claim to fully comprehend or explain the fullness of God. Their are Scriptures that can be used for both sides of the argument of whether God is Triune or not. Any honest hearted Trinitarian will ackowledge this fact also that before Christ the people of Isreal from Moses all the way to John the Baptist taught and understood God to be One, And If any Trinitarain refuses to acknoledge this fact they are not being truly honnest. That being said, is there scripture that seem to be in agreement with the Doctrine of the Trinity ? Absultly !!! there is scripture that seem to point to that conclution. And for the monothiest if they refuse to acckoldge this fact then they also are not being honnest hearted. So you might ask were does that leave myself on this issue. And here is my answer Scripture clearly states that we are to honor the Son just like we honor the Father.

But also Jesus clearly states to his Apostels I am going my way to my Father and to your Father and to my GOD and to your God. An Almighty God regadless weather in the Flesh or in the Spirit who clear says that He has a God one can only refer to Jesus own words The Father is Greater than I am, Also when he says This means there everlasting life their taking in the knowledge of the Only true God and of the one you sent forth. And these scriptures can not be nolified.

But neither can the scriptures like John 1.1 IN THE BEGINING THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD. be ignored

So what should be the conclution of the question. Faith that Jesus being the Son And Him being the only means which God gave for us to be saved is what we should all consider to be esentail for salvation. And besides scriptuer clearly say Interpitation belong to God alone...

Or who is the one, who will say that Abrham or Moses or such other men from the Old testiment times Comprehend the Doctrine of the Trinity as it is considerd today. And if you should say they did then why did they not come up with the term Trinity to describe the Nature of God ?

All these are relevent to the Question Is GOD triune.

Well I mean no offence to any one but since you all put your 2 cents in I figuerd I would take A crack at it too.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

THE TRINITY: Most churches today teach that God is one God, eternally existing as three persons. They are the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they teach that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, that the Son is not Father nor the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son but that they are three separate persons working in perfect unity to create one God. I disagree, I do not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, I do not believe they are separate beings or persons.I believe God is one uni-personal God ''The Father'',who became a man "The Son'' who is a spirit ''The Holy Spirit''.

HERE IS THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE ''ONENESS''

THE DOCTRINE OF ONENESS: God is one and has always been one. Jesus is the man God became. Jesus did not exist before incarnation as God the Son. In His pre-incarnate state, He existed as the Father, God Himself. Now the two of them are in heaven together, God the Father and the man he became, the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The problem is that when I say the Father became a man people think it means I believe he stopped being an eternal spirit after incarnation and that heaven was empty. This is not what I believe.God the Father continued to exist as a transendant, unlimited spirit, while also becoming a man. The Father did not become confined to a human existence. It is not as though the omnipresent spirit of God transformed himself into a man, to the exclusion of his existence as the Holy spirit.

When God assumed a human existence with a complete human mind, psyche, will, and emotion etc. He was distinct from the Father while he continued to exist as the Father in heaven. As a genuine human being, Jesus was and is distinct from the Father. This is because of His humanity not because he is the second person of the Trinity. While I confess that the deity of the Son did pre-exist incarnation, I do not see that deity as the second person of the Trinity, known as " God the Son ", and separate from the Father or Holy Spirit, but rather as the uni-personal God of the old testament. Yaweh, the Father, the Great I Am.

Concerning the Holy Spirit, I believe He is the Spirit of God the Father and not a separate person of the Trinity, the third person known as " God the Holy Spirit. " The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God, He is the spirit of the Father, He is the spirit of Christ. God is a spirit, the Holy Spirit. There is one God not three, nor are there three persons that create one God. He is one uni-personal God that He himself became flesh. There is no such person as God the son nor God the Holy Spirit but God the Father, the son of God and the spirit of God.

There are many people that have many opposing opinion to you and there are many things being discussed that are worse than trinity or oneness on these boards.

What makes you think that you are so special,that if you disagree with someone that means they can not express their view.

You did make it up.

The fact is oneness is the scriptural view of God and the trinity is mans way of explaining an unexplainable God.

The bible never indicates that God is three separate beings,over and over the bible confirms God is one.

I didn't make anything up. Like I said, it is false doctrine and has been reported for the mods for them to handle. I am not going to argue with you about it. You can believe in oneness if you want, that is your perogative, but I am a Christian and as such, I believe the Bible and not your man-made doctrine.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deut 6:4 (KJV)

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

1 Cor 8:4 (KJV)

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James 2:19 (KJV)

Yea, that "one God" heresy is hard to disprove, what with all the scriptures that state one God...

If only there was just one verse of scripture that stated trinity...

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 44:8 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Guest shiloh357
THE TRINITY: Most churches today teach that God is one God, eternally existing as three persons. They are the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they teach that the Father is not the Son nor the Holy Spirit, that the Son is not Father nor the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit is not the Father nor the Son but that they are three separate persons working in perfect unity to create one God. I disagree, I do not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, I do not believe they are separate beings or persons.I believe God is one uni-personal God ''The Father'',who became a man "The Son'' who is a spirit ''The Holy Spirit''.

HERE IS THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE ''ONENESS''

THE DOCTRINE OF ONENESS: God is one and has always been one. Jesus is the man God became. Jesus did not exist before incarnation as God the Son. In His pre-incarnate state, He existed as the Father, God Himself. Now the two of them are in heaven together, God the Father and the man he became, the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The problem is that when I say the Father became a man people think it means I believe he stopped being an eternal spirit after incarnation and that heaven was empty. This is not what I believe.God the Father continued to exist as a transendant, unlimited spirit, while also becoming a man. The Father did not become confined to a human existence. It is not as though the omnipresent spirit of God transformed himself into a man, to the exclusion of his existence as the Holy spirit.

When God assumed a human existence with a complete human mind, psyche, will, and emotion etc. He was distinct from the Father while he continued to exist as the Father in heaven. As a genuine human being, Jesus was and is distinct from the Father. This is because of His humanity not because he is the second person of the Trinity. While I confess that the deity of the Son did pre-exist incarnation, I do not see that deity as the second person of the Trinity, known as " God the Son ", and separate from the Father or Holy Spirit, but rather as the uni-personal God of the old testament. Yaweh, the Father, the Great I Am.

Concerning the Holy Spirit, I believe He is the Spirit of God the Father and not a separate person of the Trinity, the third person known as " God the Holy Spirit. " The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God, He is the spirit of the Father, He is the spirit of Christ. God is a spirit, the Holy Spirit. There is one God not three, nor are there three persons that create one God. He is one uni-personal God that He himself became flesh. There is no such person as God the son nor God the Holy Spirit but God the Father, the son of God and the spirit of God.

You did make it up.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deut 6:4 (KJV)

Shows what happens when people who don't know Hebrew try to interpret Scripture. The word for "one" ecahd does not mean "one" the absolute sense in that verse. Its usage is meant to highlight the uniqueness of god over and against the polythesism of the surrounding nations. The better translation, and this is how it is often translated in Jewish prayerbooks, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord alone." It is not a refutation or denial of the trinity as the trinity is not polytheistic.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Using this verse also demonstrates a lack of knowledge in Heberw.

The term "everlasting Father" in Hebrew, avi ad, means "father of eternity." It is referring to Jesus as the one who is the originator or arhcitect of the ages. The author of the book of Hebrews puts it this way: "The Author and Finisher of our faith."

Isaiah is not proclaiming that Jesus is the Father. He is using a common Hebrew idiom wherein "father" refers to the one who begins something. Its like of like when we refer to Alexander Graham Bell as the "father" of modern telecommunications.

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

1 Cor 8:4 (KJV)

This has nothing to do with oneness. It simply states there is One God over and against the polytheism of the Corinthian culture.

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 44:8 (KJV)

Again, since the doctrine of the Trinity does not advocate polytheism, it is silly to produce passages where God is setting Himself agaisnt polytheisim.

OK, I'm convinced. How many God's do you say there are then?

OK, I'm convinced. How many God's do you say there are then?

Only one.

I agree.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Thank you all for your responses.

I'm not sure I'll ever fully understand it, but I was moved to ask the question based on another post I read recently.

G-d is my Father, Jesus is my Saviour and the Spirit moves me. Guess I'll just have to be content with that understanding at the moment.

Thanks again.