• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

this part of the role as mother and woman of God is difficult for my life because my daughter is in the custody of a man who does not believe in God and has no idea what it is to be a good role model for the husband to be in my daugher's life. To top it off I have no example to show her regarding my life

Shalom Jackie,

This is a tough, tough situation and my heart goes out to you. How old is she?

....But I have chosen a different walk from the life of addiction and debauchery since she was born and I can only show her of what my life was and what it is now.....I give her what I can, I take her to church with me, we read and study the word together.....but is it going to make a difference?

YES! This is where trust in the L-rd as your husband and her Father come in. Dedicate her to the L-rd and trust HIM to keep her. You are doing all you can and this is great. You also should know that Jesus loves your daughter. Take her to church, teach her the Word, walk uprightly in front of her, these are the wonderful things you can do! And, Jackie, cut yourself some slack, you can't do it all - Jesus wants to take your burdens.

I want her to have all the things I never had. How do I show her how to get them? How do I show her how be a mother and wife properly, especially the wife part? this is a tough role, to be a woman and one to be respected that is for sure.....

Exactly as you said above - Take her to church, teach the Word and live it in front of her and trust G-d to do the rest!!

don't make me cry Vickilynn.... :blink: The Lord showed me long ago that He is protecting her and keeping her, I have dedicated her to Him completely....

Now, show me order that I can follow that doesn't take away from the person I am or make me run away because the order leaves me vulnerable, because at this moment, what you see is what you get. :) please speak plainly so that I see and hear.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

Thank you for your testimony, Vickilynn.

What I tell my children...

Well my son is 15. Soon to be 16, sweet 16, *sigh* where do the years go? Anyway, he understands purity before marriage, he's seen his cousin mess up enough times, been first hand witness to some of it, so he understands. Also, he's already got the girl all picked out. She's a year yonger, her parents are Christians, wonderful people. She is a believer. They met in 3rd grade. :blink: He has no interest in "dating" any other girls. Thank goodness, since he attends a secular high school. I am forever guiding him in proper thinking about his "Role" as her husband. He's got his life, for a 15 year old, all planned out. Right down to how much of his military paycheck he is going to save till he marries her so they can start their life together. Goodness he's growing up so quickly.

My daugher is 12, soon to be 13. She has no interest in boys what-so-ever! WAhhoo!! She'd rather spend time with wolves and horses! She thinks boys are yucky, which I tell her is absolutly true! :) However, I also tell her that some day, she might not mind boys so much and that she should not be afraid to feel that way. I tell her that I love being married, and I pray that she will one day find a man who can love her and take care of her the way her father does me. I express to her that love and marriage relationships are God's design for us and they are a beautiful thing, within the Will of God.

No matter what, I always take opportunities to talk about relationships with my children. I always have. I use the television shows they watch, or movies, or life in general, to point out proper and improper attitudes and relationships. It's a wonderful open relationship we have.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Jackie...I am single and a mom of a seven year old and there is nothing harder at times. My daughters father lives behind me and lives a nonchristian, immoral life. She sees and knows the difference. He had a christian childhood and upbringing.

She will be the first to say" My daddys afraid of god.. Me and Mommy get rid of demons."

Example has been best for her. Saying thank-you Jesus, halleluja and praising the Lord ...see follows the example.

She is spiritually discerning and speaks in tongues as well as prophecies. Not because of the church but because she has had these gifts since birth speaking in toungues early causing english to be a bit delayed.

She has seen me give, love extend my hand and the Love of Jesus...(sometimes she gets jealous...takes time away from her so I include her) Childrens church is great if it is not all but scripture and memorizing. She got board easily. Would rather hear the preacher man and be present at worship. I much rather have her under the anointing as well.

The gifts of the Holy spirit are neglected where children are concerned and it should not be.

The same Spirit of the Living God resides in my seven year old as it does in me.

She has help pray for deliverance..healing and gives numerous testimonies. She does live with me and I am the primary caregiver.

But do not underestimaste your daughter at all. Pray Jesus gives her The eyes of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name and just keep doing what you are doing. Please I know what you go through mentally and do not Let the devil tell you anything that opposes the word of God.

What is your daughters first name. I will keep her in prayer. My main prayers are for individuals whether saved or not, and nations...Jesus is now shifting me to childre the past couple of years. love you Patricia1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

don't make me cry Vickilynn.... :blink: The Lord showed me long ago that He is protecting her and keeping her, I have dedicated her to Him completely....

Shalom Jackie,

Amen. That should give you SUCH comfort! Though as parents, we always worry, don't we? This is where your faith and trust comes in, trust Jesus to protect her.

Now, show me order that I can follow that doesn't take away from the person I am or make me run away because the order leaves me vulnerable, because at this moment, what you see is what you get. :) please speak plainly so that I see and hear.

Dear Jackie, :) According to what you've posted, G-dly order is what you are doing hon. Are you in church and submitted to the leadership? Are you submitted to Jesus and ask Him to lead you? Are you living for Jesus and doing this in front of your daughter? Are you not only teaching her, but walking your talk as a Christian?

If you are submitted to His Word and design, you are WALKING in G-d's order. Remember, HE is your husband and her Father.

Do you have any leadership in your church that you can ask for discipleship from?

Guest Biblicist

If I may...

I think, Jackie daring [is the d for darling? ;) ] The best thing you can do for your daughter is to pray for her. I am sure you do. I got a wonderful book called The Power Of a Praying Parent. I pray this for my children. For example, my son was having trouble with his studies, so I prayed the prayer for school work for him and almost overnight school became more important to him. I should not be amazed at his change, God does answer prayer. But I WAS! :)

My nephew's ex wife does not live in a Christian situation, so their two children are part of that. There is partying at all hours, drinking, etc. She just brought them back from living in Vegas for 8 months. :blink: They are young, 3 & 5. Yet, they know that things are different at Gramma Judy's than they are at Tish's [the other gramma]. Your daughter will know the difference too and she will love you for it. Above all, our family prays for these two little boys. It's not the same as having them under your roof every day and influencing their lives on a daily basis, but God is there, with them, at all times. They were born as part of His perfect plan, and He has a specific job for them within that plan. He will preserve and protect them, no matter what the World throws at them.

The same is true for your daughter. :)

Shalom Jackie,

Amen. That should give you SUCH comfort! Though as parents, we always worry, don't we? This is where your faith and trust comes in, trust Jesus to protect her.

Dear Jackie, :) According to what you've posted, G-dly order is what you are doing hon. Are you in church and submitted to the leadership? Are you submitted to Jesus and ask Him to lead you? Are you living for Jesus and doing this in front of your daughter? Are you not only teaching her, but walking your talk as a Christian?

If you are submitted to His Word and design, you are WALKING in G-d's order. Remember, HE is your husband and her Father.

Do you have any leadership in your church that you can ask for discipleship from?

I am in church, it is a relatively new church for me and I am in as much submission to the leader of this church as I can be considering the short time I have attended there. I listen closely and do as is suggested by him. All the while talking earnestly with the Lord, and I mean earnestly! that He reveal to me should he be in err...

Are you submitted to Jesus and ask Him to lead you? Are you living for Jesus and doing this in front of your daughter? Are you not only teaching her, but walking your talk as a Christian?

always! like I said if you knew me you would know. ;)

okay so let's talk about the topic so that Suzanne doesn't feel unheard or that this topic has been derailed.........

:blink:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

No, no, that's ok jackie,

It's much more important for the Lord to minister to you, and if that's where this is going, then let's go that way. I want this to be of help.

(Although, I really DO wish that the men would get involved in these threads! They are so important and vital to the input.)

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

Back to this wonderful topic...

Suzanne, what advice would you give women who have NOT been in G-dly order in their home and yet are now convicted this is G-d's righteous ways.

How do they UNDO the years of rebellion and disobedience and start walking in submission and in G-d's order. How would you help them to start?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

No, no, that's ok jackie,

It's much more important for the Lord to minister to you, and if that's where this is going, then let's go that way. I want this to be of help.

(Although, I really DO wish that the men would get involved in these threads! They are so important and vital to the input.)

:blink:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Men admit to me they feel incapable in leading the family unit in worship. Men learning to do that and praying in private with his wife and children will change the entire environment of the home. Our daily relationships and interaction would take the que from this overall spiritual issue. Practical leadership will come from Spritiual leadership and not vice versa.