tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I think if we would just even consider the damage that has occurred with regard to family/society, by the disorder, we'd humble ourselves and return to the ways/order that God implemented in the first place.

If we started with mothers raising children. That would be a good thing....especially for the kids. :b:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I think if we would just even consider the damage that has occurred with regard to family/society, by the disorder, we'd humble ourselves and return to the ways/order that God implemented in the first place.

If we started with mothers raising children. That would be a good thing....especially for the kids. :b:

In His Love,

Suzanne

these are great words. How though do they become implemented? Do we just keep talking about it? You said a mouthful Suzanne, "If we started with mothers raising children"...The point completely is putting into action the words that float in and out of these threads....we talk the talk but do we walk the walk?

Guest Biblicist

I'm a 100% bonafied, card carying, wife, mother and housekeeper.

I've seen the difference, even in my own church, between women who choose to work and let babysitters/daycare centers raise their children, and those of us who stayed home. It's astounding to me that they do not see it, too.

Sometimes I think I should have been born in the Colonial days! :b:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

If we started with mothers raising children. That would be a good thing....especially for the kids. :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

these are great words. How though do they become implemented? Do we just keep talking about it? You said a mouthful Suzanne, "If we started with mothers raising children"...The point completely is putting into action the words that float in and out of these threads....we talk the talk but do we walk the walk?

They get implemented by a society of people who stop being so concerned with having everything that the Jones' have. That way, mom and dad both, don't have to work to keep a 2,000 sq. ft. home, a high-dollar car, cable, big-screen tv, bass boat, out to dinner every other night, expensive vacations, etc. If we would stop trying to keep up with everybody else, and deny ourselves some things, then maybe we could afford for mom to stay at home. Just a thought in regard to implementing the idea. (Not everybody is going to be rich in this life? Sometimes we need to consider just living a humble life, without so much stuff.)

Sometimes I think I should have been born in the Colonial days!

Yeah, me to Bib, but I'd have a hard time slaughtering the animals for the family dinner. :noidea: That would be a hard one!!! :noidea:

Speaking of that, I've got to go hunting for dinner! (grocery store trip)

See you guys in a bit!

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Biblicist

If we started with mothers raising children. That would be a good thing....especially for the kids. :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

They get implemented by a society of people who stop being so concerned with having everything that the Jones' have. That way, mom and dad both, don't have to work to keep a 2,000 sq. ft. home, a high-dollar car, cable, big-screen tv, bass boat, out to dinner every other night, expensive vacations, etc. If we would stop trying to keep up with everybody else, and deny ourselves some things, then maybe we could afford for mom to stay at home. Just a thought in regard to implementing the idea. (Not everybody is going to be rich in this life? Sometimes we need to consider just living a humble life, without so much stuff.)

Sometimes I think I should have been born in the Colonial days!

Yeah, me to Bib, but I'd have a hard time slaughtering the animals for the family dinner. :ph34r: That would be a hard one!!! :noidea:

Speaking of that, I've got to go hunting for dinner! (grocery store trip)

See you guys in a bit!

In His Love,

Suzanne

AAh! Ya softie, I've skinned a deer before! Hubby's a hunter. I'm glad the chickens and turkeys are already plucked in the store for me, that's messy! :noidea:

I so agree with you though, this "prosperity gospel" has gotten us no where but further in debt! We heard that from a financial counselor one time, years ago, Jesus was rich [Carpenters make a lot of money] and had his own house, he wants you to be rich too! Sheesh! A humble honest life is what we should strive for.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Suzanne,

Amen and amen and amen!

Good thread!

I, like Bib, am a stay-at-home, wife and homemaker and love to be a Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 woman.

We lived on a mini-farm for a few years and hubby milked the dairy goats and I made all sorts of cheeses! It was great.

Yeah, we raised chickens and got their fresh eggs, but we couldn't bring ourselves to butcher them to eat, so we let them die of old age! :taped::P:laugh:

We DID slaughter and process our kid goats that I helped deliver, but I don't ever wanna do that again.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

I was thinking that perhaps farming was not what we were talking about but then I realized it is ..

It is an example to us that when man stepped out of order when he chose to disobey he was left with tilling the ground and slaughtering the animals...

Everything seems to point to our disobedience ...

what was that Scripture...

Rom 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.

Rom 8:17 And if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; so that if we suffer with Him, we may also be glorified together.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creation was not willingly subjected to vanity, but because of Him who subjected it on hope

Rom 8:21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Again He gives us great hope....

WOW, no one said that women couldn't do the same job as men. Although, I would surmise that if women stayed at home with their children there would not be the problems we have with children and there would not be so many men out of work, unable to support their families. But that's for another thread. Proverbs 31:10-31

you are kidding right? especially the part about women staying home so that men can work....do you live in the US? Have kids? ever been divorced or knocked up a woman and then left her behind with the kids?...should that woman stay home too, so that the man who left her desolate can have a job yet fail to pay child support?

you bet this thread is about order. And it is funny to see that some things don't change. Adam blamed God and Eve for his sin, and man still does the same today.

You are right about one thing though, real women should get to stay home and raise their children. Especially those who have sons so they can be raised to be real men who take proper care of the woman they decide to marry and the children they rear. Ones that haven't been so coddled by their mother that they think that is what a woman was placed on the earth to do-bow and scrape.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

WOW, no one said that women couldn't do the same job as men. Although, I would surmise that if women stayed at home with their children there would not be the problems we have with children and there would not be so many men out of work, unable to support their families. But that's for another thread. Proverbs 31:10-31

you are kidding right? especially the part about women staying home so that men can work....do you live in the US? Have kids? ever been divorced or knocked up a woman and then left her behind with the kids?...should that woman stay home too, so that the man who left her desolate can have a job yet fail to pay child support?

Shalom Jackie,

You're using situational ethics to dispute G-d's Word? :)

Sorry, it won't float. If these women would trust G-d, He will help them. The Scriptures are clear.

You are right about one thing though, real women should get to stay home and raise their children. Especially those who have sons so they can be raised to be real men who take proper care of the woman they decide to marry and the children they rear. Ones that haven't been so coddled by their mother that they think that is what a woman was placed on the earth to do-bow and scrape.

WOW, someone has touched a nerve here! Remember, this is about Biblical issues. :emot-hug:

it is a biblical issue, I agree. But let's get real too. We can't be a pot and call the kettle black. We all miss the mark, that is what sin is.

WOW, someone has touched a nerve here! Remember, this is about Biblical issues.

and so knowing that is supposed to correct the situation? We talk and talk and talk...starts sounding like the adults we would hear on the Charlie Brown shows after a while. We are talkers, are we shakers? Problems don't get solved by sitting around and talking about it.

All of this order and stuff is lovely. We should all be so fortunate to get to have the life of the perfect woman depicted in Proverbs 31....but we don't. And while all these people are giving such great examples and basking in their ability to do so there are MILLIONS of people who don't get the pleasure. They have NO CHOICE! It reminds me of Paul speaking of the church taking care of the widows and the orphans. They put the words into action and I saw no examples in his writing that those who had perfect lives lord it over on those who did not.

Those are biblical issues too. Take care of those who have less and never make someone feel small or less than acceptable because they are unable to live up to the standards of others.

We sit at our computers talking about how things should be and we widen our hems and do what we can to sit in the best seats and be noticed by our piety.

So ya, nerves get hit. I would imagine Christ's do to with the way His love is shown in places like these toward those who have less than picture perfect lives...... :emot-hug: