IGNORED

all who labor and are heavy laden

jackie d

Guest Biblicist
I don't assume that sharing scripture is not having compassion... I am saying that anyone who uses scripture to control, manipulate, use or abuse another person is without compassion. I am saying that people who do that are Pharisees and have no compassion for anyone except their own prideful desire to be right, regardless of the cost of another person's feelings. Again, knowing in my mind the scripture does no one any good and the word of God is dead if it is not living in my heart and used with the love that God has commanded us to have for Him and others.

Do you believe that there are "guidelines" in Scripture that we as Christians are to live by? And furthermore, do you believe that we, as children of God, are commanded to hold each other accountable for our actions as Christians?

I think we keep repeating the same instructions.

The Word of God.

:emot-pray:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Repitition is not a bad thing. :emot-pray: Sometimes rote memorization is the only way to learn it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I don't assume that sharing scripture is not having compassion... I am saying that anyone who uses scripture to control, manipulate, use or abuse another person is without compassion. I am saying that people who do that are Pharisees and have no compassion for anyone except their own prideful desire to be right, regardless of the cost of another person's feelings. Again, knowing in my mind the scripture does no one any good and the word of God is dead if it is not living in my heart and used with the love that God has commanded us to have for Him and others.

Do you believe that there are "guidelines" in Scripture that we as Christians are to live by? And furthermore, do you believe that we, as children of God, are commanded to hold each other accountable for our actions as Christians?

I think we keep repeating the same instructions.

The Word of God.

:wub:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Repitition is not a bad thing. :thumbsup: Sometimes rote memorization is the only way to learn it.

:D