ladygirl21

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The information contained in the three links below will help you find your way.

how to pray

how to pray 2

how to pray 3

May God bless you as you search to communicate more effectively with our Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

Hi 4given1,

I think I would like to try writing my prayers down and maybe say them out louds afterwards. That's sounds cool. Using the bible to pray sounds fun too because I really don't know that many scriptures ecept for the ones the minister at my church repeats all the time. I never really figured out how to actually remomorize scriptures unless I feel it pertains to me. You seem to be very experienced in this area maybe you can help me pray. I would like you to be my prayer partner so just pm me back and I will respond as soon as I can. Thanks for your help and your patience.

Hi ladygirl21. Your question is an awesome one. I'm not sure how valuable a response I can give you but I'll give it a shot.

Prayer can be very challenging because it's so essential to our relationship with God and satan knows it. There are times when you'll want to pray and know that you need to pray, but when you begin, all of the sudden your mind is either filled with everything but God or, as you mentioned, your mind goes blank.

Praying is really very simple. There is no "formula" really. It's just a matter of talking to God. Share your life with Him, your thoughts, your needs, etc...Try looking at it as a conversation with your best-friend because that's exactly what it is. Ask God to teach you how to pray. The Lord's Prayer is an awesome model for you and I believe you're on the right track there.

Something that helps me also is writing my prayers out. It helps me to focus my attention, I can keep a record of what I'm praying about and when. Then, when prayers are answered I go back and make some kind of note of the date that it was answered and how God answered me. He will ALWAYS answer but as you grow in your relationship with Him, He will answer you in the most unexpected, marvelous ways. Also, use the Bible in your prayer time. It will help you to remember Scripture, build your faith and help you get to know God on a more personal level. Just read your Bible out loud. I've heard it described as "reading His love letter (the Bible) back to Him. He always honors His Word.

I would be honored to be a prayer partner for you. Feel free to pm me and we can talk about it more. I hope this has helped you. It encourged me to type it out by reminding me of just how important prayer is.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

I think all the different ways to pray are cool but can I be unworthy to pray? Why would God listen to me? :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Birthday:  03/05/1979

I think all the different ways to pray are cool but can I be unworthy to pray? Why would God listen to me? :th_praying:

unworthy ithink not . we are all gods children he will listen to all who will just give him the time . with so meny that dont belive i am shure he will welcome it .......... my prayers tin

I think all the different ways to pray are cool but can I be unworthy to pray? Why would God listen to me? :(

Yeap! I Personally Understand That Sneaky Little Attack

And When I Hear That Old Hiss, I Remember The Lord Jesus Christ He Is Worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created
Revelation 4:11

And I Know I Have No Right Singing The Blues For He Is Worthy Of Thanksgiving And Of Joy

O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms
Psalms 95:1-2

And Should I But Look Up I'll Know Nothing Will Separate Me From My Lord

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

Romans 8:37-39

And My God Is Always Looking Back.... With Love

:24:

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Yup some very very good advice written there for you, from some wonderful Christian.

Your prayer life will grow and florish, don't give up. All try not to pray about everything all at once. I have a little book where it write peoples names and their situation's in it and I pray for them, and only them, then I have prayers that focus on my children and etc...

Anyways It's nice to meet you sister, keep your eyes on the Lord and he will be your guide.

I will add your name to my list and pray the Lord will help you with your prayer life.

:noidea: