What Should I Say?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Hi. I hope I am posting this under the correct topic. If not, please move me. My daughter sent me a cd for my birthday that is hypnosis to put you into a deep sleep. At first, I had no idea it was that! It was real deceptive. It said brainwave technology on the cover. And it is under a website called scienceofchange.org. So I figured it was just medical. My brain disease causes me spasms even throughout my sleep and much trouble falling off to sleep. ( I was actually hinting for a cd of ocean waves, seagulls, rain sound effects...something soothing like that. But she somehow misunderstood what I was wanting.) Anyway, I told my daughter of my chronic insomnia and she searched the web to find me something to help. It was simply an act of love! She thought this was some cool new medical techique involving the brain, since I do have a brain disease. She does not much know about the occult or the new age movement or the dangers of hypnosis. I put the cd on. Immediately I got the creeps. Just by the sound of the man's voice, which was eerie. I sensed in my spirit something was very wrong and God telling me to stop that cd right away. This Christopher Love guy started counting backwards. Then I realized he was doing hypnosis and quickly shut off the cd player... by the time he'd counted to 8. I went to this scienceofchange.org and discovered connections to Buddhism! I did a bit more research to find that Christopher Love is clairvoyant! Obviously, I want no part of this and renounced it in the Name of Jesus Christ. I want to dispose of the cd. Any suggestions of how to, so nobody retrieves it from the trash? Here is the hardest part... How do I explain that this man is of the devil and why? I have to do this very gently. Her feelings hurt so easily. And I was really touched that my daughter tried so hard to do a good thing to help my sickness! How unfortunate she had to come across this particular cd on the internet! I know she will soon ask how I like the cd and if it helped me sleep better. So I want to get a letter off to her quickly before she puts me on the spot on the phone. I am too physically ill to send her extensive research of the occult and how it is against God. How can I do this easy to understand? Any good links you know of? My biggest fear is that she herself will get mixed up with the whole psychic/hypnosis thing through this man's merchandise! Can someone give me advice on how to expose this guy so she'll understand the seriousness and the dangers? Has anyone out there researched him and his works? I would appreciate any strong info on Christopher Love in particular and tips on how to protect my daughter from the occult in general. She doesn't quite get it ...as to why psychics are bad. She used to watch that Johnathan Edwards on tv years ago. I warned her not to. I know some are fakes, but it isn't worth ever risking. And it opens up a fascination to the occult. But every time I tried to explain (even back then before my brain disease and the spasms that limit my speech) she seemed to see this as just innocent, interesting stuff. Please advise me how to kindly, but firmly convey what the occult is and why I must trash the cd she gave me! And pray God will open her eyes, spiritually. Hopefully without making her feel sad! Thanks for reading this long post. God bless, Turtletwo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

From what you say I assume your daughter is not saved. Although as parents we want to protect our children and want them to do the right thing, we have to remember that they are entitled to exercise their own free will and do what they want. Trying to protect your loved ones from Satan is even more difficult if they are not saved, as after all they are one of Satans.

All you can do is simply give her the truth clearly and simply and explain as to why certain things are bad, just pussy footing around and avoiding the subject will simply say to your daughter that what she has done is fine.

Any hypnosis is bad for you, which you obviously know, hence this post, to destroy the CD all you have to do is just hit a couple of times with a hammer or other heavy object until it breaks, make sure you put something over the top when you hit it, like a bag or cloth just in case a few pieces decided to fly up and hit you in face, then simply put it in the bin.

Now for information, simply tell your daughter that you are touched that she is helping you, but just tell her that the CD was hypnosis, which as a Christian we are told not to have anything to do with.. If she wants to make an issue out of it, then that is normal reaction from someone lost to God who is reacting against Gods laws and commands.

Here is a link to a personal testimony about someone who became a hypnotist and set up a business, but when she became a Christian she was told by God how bad it was and she should give it all up.

http://www.christian-faith.com/html/page/r...ng_hypnotherapy