• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

haven't seen true grit ..who is maddie?

she's a spunky young girl whose daddy was killed by the man he took in and helped in times of hardship. She met up with good ol' Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) and Glen Campbell (don't remember his screen name for the movie) and they went on the hunt to find that man who murdered her daddy. After they got the guy, Maddie told Rooster that she liked him as he had True Grit...the movie must be at least 30 yrs old.....it's a good movie :ph34r:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom Man,

Good post EXCEPT you missed the meaning of this thread as if "someone has a problem" with someone else trying to deceive people.

I'm asking about the ACT. Not people who do it.

Yes it is deception.

Is that what you're asking?

Is their deception justified?

No.

Its justified in the fact that no one should judge them for it. We're all adults capeable of making our own decisions. We should not even concern ourselves with trying to justify it because we're not Judge, Jury and Exocutioner on here. If they want to switch names, let them. I think its childish and unecessary but if they feel they need to, okay.

Live and let live

Shalom,

Yo. You STILL missed the thread meaning. No one is judging THEM, we're simply discussing the act itself.

Oh well, nevermind, seems you're not hearing me. Maybe if SOME ONE ELSE posted it, you'd hear it?

Shalom.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, Adam and Eve tried to hide...

didn't work for them though...

They got found... :ph34r:

not interested in watching true grit so forget maddie is on my list of thing to do today.. :24:

Rather, I'm talking about people who come to Worthy and post things that are cause controversy and maybe get people upset, so they leave and come back under a different name and try again.

I feel that is deception.

If the intent is wrong the action is wrong..

I am assuming the mods are well aware of any such goings on and would step in if it created problems..that would make it their problem...

right?

or do i live in a perfect world?

• Group:  Diamond Member

as Maddie from the movie True Grit said "who knows what's in a man's heart"

seems to me bringing this topic up is childish and a perfect example of how people look for the faults in others and ignore their own. IMO :24:

:24: :24: :24: :24:

Oh Jackie, you really crack me up. Look in the mirror at your post.

Your reply is a perfect example of my post. You misread and misjudged this entire thread because I posted it and you tried to bring in old personal arguments and unforgiveness. Tsk tsk

As to the topic, I'm talking about the ACT, not talking about people's faults. NO wonder people change their screen names! :24:

But the question remains, it is deception. I believe it is.

whether it is deception or not Vickilynn, should not matter to you or me...if a person is being deceptive by this then let them take it to the Lord. That's all I'm saying....

you speak of misjudging? "you bring old arguments and unforgiveness. Ttsk Tsk".....you just acted your own words...as for old arguments and unforgiveness I moved passed that stuff the moment I admitted my fault and asked for forgiveness, privately and you said forgiven, so why do you bring it to the table for all to see now?...none of that old stuff was on my mind nor was it in my heart when I posted this morning, so perhaps it is yourself, who has resentment of old argument and unforgiveness since it was you who pursued this line of conversation.

Whatever it is that you are attempting to accomplish by this thread has already turned South so perhaps you need to take a closer look at your own words... :ph34r:

be blessed Vickilynn and have an awesome day in the Lord

Shalom Man,

Good post EXCEPT you missed the meaning of this thread as if "someone has a problem" with someone else trying to deceive people.

I'm asking about the ACT. Not people who do it.

Yes it is deception.

Is that what you're asking?

Is their deception justified?

No.

Its justified in the fact that no one should judge them for it. We're all adults capeable of making our own decisions. We should not even concern ourselves with trying to justify it because we're not Judge, Jury and Exocutioner on here. If they want to switch names, let them. I think its childish and unecessary but if they feel they need to, okay.

Live and let live

But if they change their screen name without telling anyone, they are in fact lying to everyone here, because we view them as a new member to Worthy. When in fact they now have two different screen names and both can be logged on at the same time.

I don't judge them for it...they can do whatever they want.

Is it ok for a person to lie?....what do you think?

As far as all of us being adults....there's a lot of kids running around these boards.

seems to me bringing this topic up is childish and a perfect example of how people look for the faults in others and ignore their own. IMO :24:

:24: :24: :24::o

Your reply is a perfect example of my post. You misread and misjudged this entire thread because I posted it and you tried to bring in old personal arguments and unforgiveness. Tsk tsk

As to the topic, I'm talking about the ACT, not talking about people's faults. NO wonder people change their screen names! :24:

whether it is deception or not Vickilynn, should not matter to you or me...if a person is being deceptive by this then let them take it to the Lord. That's all I'm saying....

you speak of misjudging? "you bring old arguments and unforgiveness. Ttsk Tsk".....you just acted your own words...as for old arguments and unforgiveness I moved passed that stuff the moment I admitted my fault and asked for forgiveness, privately and you said forgiven, so why do you bring it to the table for all to see now?...none of that old stuff was on my mind nor was it in my heart when I posted this morning, so perhaps it is yourself, who has resentment of old argument and unforgiveness since it was you who pursued this line of conversation.

Whatever it is that you are attempting to accomplish by this thread has already turned South so perhaps you need to take a closer look at your own words... :ph34r:

Shalom Jackie,

Again, your post is a perfect example of why people change their names. Misjuding. Tsk tsk

Hey, Adam and Eve tried to hide...

didn't work for them though...

They got found... :ph34r:

Shalom Tah,

Yes, exactly. We cannot hide from G-d.

not interested in watching true grit so forget maddie is on my list of thing to do today.. :24:

I'm with ya there and it has nothing to do with this thread anyway. :24:

If the intent is wrong the action is wrong..

Well, we don't know the intent of everyone, but we are discussing the action for the reasons stated in the OP.

I am assuming the mods are well aware of any such goings on and would step in if it created problems..that would make it their problem...

right?

or do i live in a perfect world?

Well, it's not an issue for the Mods. As far as I know, there is nothing against it in the TOS. Someone can change their screen name as often as they desire.

This is a discussion of the action and whether it's deception or not.

• Group:  Diamond Member

:24: :24: :24: :24:

Shalom Jackie,

Again, your post is a perfect example of why people change their names. Misjuding.

if you say so Vickilynn.....

Shalom,

No one is going to hijack this topic for spite. :ph34r:

I'm asking if it's justified to change screen names or is it deception. If people read my OP carefully, they will see that I talk about myself in there and I understand the desire to not have people jump on you based on previous arguments and misjudging. And changing your name may give you a fresh start from that behavior. However, I don't do that because I think it would be deception.

Not judging anyone else. Please get that. Asking about the act. And I gave MY opinion of it and why I don't do it, even tho tempted (examples of posts in this thread!)

I just got a PM from someone who changed their name for different reasons. I am not at liberty to share the details, but it did raise a valid reason. I was hoping to get some of that.

I'm asking for input and friendly discussion, not arguments.

If someone can't do that, they are free to skip this thread.

I don't think it's a deception to change your screen name as long as you go through the proper channels to do so.

Is it justified? As long as you're not breaking any rules of the board...sure, why not.