• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Hi paper. You're looking for married people to respond, and I am married. I doubt I need to tell you how difficult marriage is, let alone when one is unequally yoked. I know someone else brought that up here, and I don't recall your response, but I get the impression that walking with and serving the Lord are not this man's priorities (forgive me if I read that incorrectly). Also, it seems that you are willing to settle and are looking for any confirmation that this is ok. I want to tell you from personal experience that being unequally yoked is AWFUL. We have been married 10 years, and 9 of those were pretty bad. Truth be told, we should not have gotten married in the first place and I should have filed for divorce about 4 years ago. However, God is God, and He has worked and is continuing to work a miracle in our marriage, and I have to say I am glad I am still here. I hesitate admitting that because I am afraid you'll take that as evidence that things can work out no matter what kind of choices we make, etc. I will answer this honestly: would I do it all over again? No, I wouldn't, and I don't mean that to sound harsh. But I know that when I made this choice, it was out of God's will, and I missed out on what He had for me in the first place. Yes, he makes all things good, and He did. I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Seek God first and foremost and walk in His will for your life.

You also mentioned a black/white thing. Can you elaborate (I'm white and my husband's black).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My fingers are not going to be able to type as fast as I want to get out all I have to say....where are those folks who roll their eyes and laugh inside each time that man says I am going to clean out the garage???? Or I am going to fix that pipe and it still slowly leaks.....you know the day to day things men and women tell each other and never get around to>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????? I was venting on the man and his habits....I only WANTED CONFIRMATION THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY WOMAN/WIFE WHO GOES THROUGH HIS "HONEY DO" LIST THAT SEEMS TO BE GROWING LONGER AND LONGER. :b::taped: Ok to the second.....and I may hurt a few feelings here.....black relationships verses white relationships are HANDLED in some cases differently. And I said some cases. I can't think right now of one person who is white and complains of their husband not doing things......and I look at you guys and say I know your husbands are not perfect. LOL......but you never say it out loud that he never gets around to his "honey do" list. :emot-pray::emot-heartbeat: I come from a mixed family so I know men and women fall in love who come from different backgrounds.....who cares what color you are in my book just don't treat ME WITH DISRESPECT....and I am in the south.....get it???

For those who read into things I didn't say...this is where I laugh and don't get mad......I say thank you God and keep going...there are folks out there who don't know me and only read the few things I say here....I don't read other posts.....ONLY MY OWN AND HOW FOLKS RESPOND.....I am asking or venting at the moment.....I don't have time to read all the posts and get involved in others lives......when I did read them I noticed how folks GOT OFFFFFFF TRACK of what the the person was posting and therefore I get tired of reading when I knew the person was speaking and looking. It even happend here on this very post....I almost wrote hey wait a mintue this was about me......laughing again. But since I don't know any of you it really didn't matter.

Mathqueen he reads his bible more than I read mine and then comes to me and talks about things he reads and wants my feedback....now if my first husband had done that......well I would not have some of the issues that I have now....talk about unequally yoked in the first....geeeeeee. Now that is when someone should have told me to RUN!!!!

Guest Vote for ted!
My fingers are not going to be able to type as fast as I want to get out all I have to say....where are those folks who roll their eyes and laugh inside each time that man says I am going to clean out the garage???? Or I am going to fix that pipe and it still slowly leaks.....you know the day to day things men and women tell each other and never get around to>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????? I was venting on the man and his habits....I only WANTED CONFIRMATION THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY WOMAN/WIFE WHO GOES THROUGH HIS "HONEY DO" LIST THAT SEEMS TO BE GROWING LONGER AND LONGER. :taped::taped: Ok to the second.....and I may hurt a few feelings here.....black relationships verses white relationships are HANDLED in some cases differently. And I said some cases. I can't think right now of one person who is white and complains of their husband not doing things......and I look at you guys and say I know your husbands are not perfect. LOL......but you never say it out loud that he never gets around to his "honey do" list. :laugh::laugh: I come from a mixed family so I know men and women fall in love who come from different backgrounds.....who cares what color you are in my book just don't treat ME WITH DISRESPECT....and I am in the south.....get it???

For those who read into things I didn't say...this is where I laugh and don't get mad......I say thank you God and keep going...there are folks out there who don't know me and only read the few things I say here....I don't read other posts.....ONLY MY OWN AND HOW FOLKS RESPOND.....I am asking or venting at the moment.....I don't have time to read all the posts and get involved in others lives......when I did read them I noticed how folks GOT OFFFFFFF TRACK of what the the person was posting and therefore I get tired of reading when I knew the person was speaking and looking. It even happend here on this very post....I almost wrote hey wait a mintue this was about me......laughing again. But since I don't know any of you it really didn't matter.

I try not to talk about my husband badly in public, or in public forums, because that is disrespectful. If I want his respect, I better show him some too.

If you want help in a relationship, sometimes people are going to ask you difficult questions, but most times if you start from the beginning of the problem, the rest of things will work out. If YOU are behaving in a Godly manner, in every way, then that is what you are responsible for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Mathqueen he reads his bible more than I read mine and then comes to me and talks about things he reads and wants my feedback....now if my first husband had done that......well I would not have some of the issues that I have now....talk about unequally yoked in the first....geeeeeee. Now that is when someone should have told me to RUN!!!!

:laugh:

ok let me look back over this ONE MORE TIME...I didn't bad mouth this man....I was looking for stories that you have...you know he won't take out the garbage....his "honey do" list is miles LLLLLOOOONNNNGGGG....I had a person tell me yesterday she TRAINED her husband.... :laugh: do you mean there is a person who can look up at this six foot six man of mine and TRAIN him?????? :huh::mgfrog::biggrinflip: I looked at my male coworker and said THAT IS EXACTLY what I am talking about...."they" never want to admit they have a man who wont do things...remember I was talking to a man so I was not being disrespectful .......I guess I better just go back to leaving these boards alone for a while....there are folks on here who live perfect lives and their spouses never do anything wrong.