IGNORED

Michelle Obama: Finally Proud of America (it only took 44 years)

Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Obama is not a plagiarist. He simply used an argument that his close friend Governor Patrick advised him to use in response to the Clintons.

He used it word-for-word.

Plagiarism: the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

If the show fits...kick yourself with it.

Its not unauthorized. Patrick told him to use the same argument. Politicians use the same arguments their peers use all the time.

so obama cannot think for himself. :40: is this what your saying? :noidea:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/21/1986

Basically, even a super star like Barak Hussein Obama can be beat.

I honestly think he may be an easier candidate than Clinton for a republican candidate to beat.

Edited by klj2425

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Its not unauthorized. Patrick told him to use the same argument. Politicians use the same arguments their peers use all the time.

You're unintentionally hilarious today. It's one thing to give the same argument, but it's another thing to lift a 2 year old speech almost verbatim. But, hey, he's your guy. Let's hope, if he makes it to the White House, while he's staring down Islamic terrorists, he can lift Ronald Regan speeches. There might be hope with a parrot as President.

Marnie, Obama writes most of his own speeches. Most politicians don't including Ronald Reagan. He also wrote two books. He wrote them, not some ghostwriter. Few politicians do that too. He is completely self made. Few politicians these days can say that either. He was president of the Harvard Law Review. He could of done anything and made a lot more money in life than he has. Instead he chose to be a community organizer. The guy is very intelligent. In fact he is probably smarter than anyone on here, including you and me (and I think I am pretty smart sometimes :noidea: ) Despite what the far right might think of him, he is the real deal and thats why conservatives are scared to death of him. He is the kind of guy that could easily build a real progressive working majority.

Now, you may disagree with him on a whole litany of issues and thats fine. However, you should not attack the guys character simply because he used an argument that a friend used, and did so under the advice of that friend.

I would also point out that I have been pretty good at calling both public opinion and who was going to win this election season and I think that many conservatives these days are letting their personal emotions get in the way of objectivity. Obama is a very strong candidate and you guys are going to have a hard time beating him. Moreover, if the far right of the Republican base keeps forcing McCain to move to the right, it will be absolutely impossible for him to win the general. I don't think that many conservatives these days realize just how far the middle is from them anymore.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The guy is very intelligent. In fact he is probably smarter than anyone on here, including you and me (and I think I am pretty smart sometimes )

Why don't you tell us how you really feel Forrest? :noidea::blink::):24:

Peace,

Dave

Actually Forrest, folks like you scare me to death. :noidea:

Let me ask you a question.

Would you agree with the statement," that for some Obama is like a Religious experience?"

Peace,

Dave

The guy is very intelligent. In fact he is probably smarter than anyone on here, including you and me (and I think I am pretty smart sometimes )

Peace,

Dave

Well I was being tongue-in-cheek. However, as a former president of the Harvard Law Review and a Constitutional Law Professor, obviously the guy is very intelligent and not some empty suit. I think a lot of times we all tend to think that just because someone might disagree with us they are stupid (when we could just be wrong ;) )

In the end though, these guys and their wives have been out there day after day for over a year now on the stump. Any of us that was out talking to crowds for 12 or more hours a day for over a year would say something stupid or otherwise misspeak at some point. I know I have been in meetings and doing presentations where I have said some pretty ignorant things or otherwise said something that did not really convey my actual position.

Actually Forrest, folks like you scare me to death. :noidea:

Would you agree with the statement," that for some Obama is like a Religious experience?"

Peace,

Dave

Well I think he moves people. Reagan obviously some moved people. So did FDR, JFK, and Dr. King. Why is that a liability? It seems to me that since the Republicans have a man in the Whitehouse that can hardly string a coherent sentence together unscripted and their candidate this year is a poor public speaker, that they are trying to convince themselves that being a good public speaker and being articulate is somehow a bad thing. The fact is the Republicans would love to have a candidate this year that was as good of a speaker, as articulate, personable, and intelligent as Obama is. Its not the Democrats fault they don't though.

I'll tell you what. Go to Obama's website and look at his positions. You are not going to agree with them, but just look at his plans and positions and the level of detail in them. Then, go to Romney's old website, Huckabee's or McCains. Compare their positions. Where Obama has a book to say about any major issue, at most with the Republican candidates this year you get a couple of paragraphs consisting of a some bumper sticker slogans, and a clip from their stump speech. Obama, agree with him or not, presents a mountain of substance compared to any of the Republicans this year.

Peace,

Dave

Well I was being tongue-in-cheek. However, as a former president of the Harvard Law Review and a Constitutional Law Professor, obviously the guy is very intelligent and not some empty suit. I think a lot of times we all tend to think that just because someone might disagree with us they are stupid (when we could just be wrong ;) )

In the end though, these guys and their wives have been out there day after day for over a year now on the stump. Any of us that was out talking to crowds for 12 or more hours a day for over a year would say something stupid or otherwise misspeak at some point. I know I have been in meetings and doing presentations where I have said some pretty ignorant things or otherwise said something that did not really convey my actual position.

Actually,

I disagree with your presumption here and the reason why is that she didn't just merely say something stupid or off the cuff. It was a heart felt expression of where her temperment really is. She was speaking unscripted. Her husband has not been and thus the difference in her and his rhetoric.

Peace,

Dave

Actually Forrest, folks like you scare me to death. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

Well I think he moves people. Reagan obviously some moved people. So did FDR, JFK, and Dr. King. Why is that a liability? It seems to me that since the Republicans have a man in the Whitehouse that can hardly string a coherent sentence together unscripted and their candidate this year is a poor public speaker, that they are trying to convince themselves that being a good public speaker and being articulate is somehow a bad thing. The fact is the Republicans would love to have a candidate this year that was as good of a speaker, as articulate, personable, and intelligent as Obama is. Its not the Democrats fault they don't though.

I'll tell you what. Go to Obama's website and look at his positions. You are not going to agree with them, but just look at his plans and positions and the level of detail in them. Then, go to Romney's old website, Huckabee's or McCains. Compare their positions. Where Obama has a book to say about any major issue, at most with the Republican candidates this year you get a couple of paragraphs consisting of a some bumper sticker slogans, and a clip from their stump speech. Obama, agree with him or not, presents a mountain of substance compared to any of the Republicans this year.

Forrest,

I have to disagree again. :noidea: I am looking at Obama's substance and what he is actually saying is that he wants a Super Nanny State with an impossible rate of Taxation that will simply destroy our economy.

You didn't answer what I asked you either, you artfully spun it. :) You could have a job on MSNBC.

Do you believe that for most Obama supporters that they are projecting upon Obama a Religious experience without really examining his substance? In other words, is he all things to all people and can this ever be a good thing?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

her husband is a plagiarist

Wrong. Deval Patrick gave Barack permission to use his words and says he was not plagiarized.

and she's a narcissist.

How so?

This couple of Ivy League educated, rich, super successful, ultra liberals could be the best thing that's happened to the GOP.

Obama will clobber McCain in the general election. That's a match-up I hope to see.

Love the hillbilly rhetoric, by the way. Are you implying that eduction and success are a bad thing, because it sounds like you might be.