Revel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I like it too, but I would like to see these things emphasized in a way that does not bash Easter.

You mean <gasp> as in mutual respect for one another?

I do have to agree, for it can be done. I do speak of such from time to time, however I never speak against the other.

The key is John 19. In this chapter we learn that Jesus died the day before a High Sabbath. High Sabbaths (there are 7 of them) are not necessarily 7th day of the week Sabbaths.

Well said.

Jesus died on Passover at 3:00 p.m. (between the evenings Ex. 12) and the next day was a High Sabbath, the 1st day of Unleavened bread. A High Sabbath can occur on any day of the week. So, it is entirely plausable that Jesus was crucified on Thursday or even as early as Wednesday.

Jesus was resurrected early on the first day of the week, but since the writers of the New Testament operated from a lunar calendar, the 1st day of the week begins at sundown on the 7th day, so Jesus could have come forth at anytime after sundown on Saturday evening.

IMO: Exactly.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I agree that Yeshua was most likely crucified on Wed or Thurs. Could it be that the Catholic Church says Friday because they wanted to seperate themselves and others from learning about the Feasts of the Lord? Or did they not know themselves?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Why can

I turned the song off. It may not be a big deal for some people not to know the truth about it, but it is to me...

I do understand Jackie. I have a similar problem with certain songs/hymns in church. However, as it is impossible to completely avoid such, I simply do not sing that part of the song, or change the lyrics in my head.

Also, there is some really great praise/worship music that I really love to listen and sing to, however, not everything will always agree with us, therefore I think while we may not necessarily agree/partake, we can still enjoy the intent behind it as well as a certain 'fellowship'.

Makes me wonder too, if people have believed for many many years that Jesus died on a Friday because somewhere in history a person decided that was the day and from there it carried to today, what else have we been told that is just not true?

Good question. One that I am sure you do not really want to know the answer to all at once.

This was something that I had questioned my poor Pastor about those long years ago. He admitted that I was correct and yet walked up to the pulpit and preached the usual. I had a hard time with it, however I have since realized and hopefully come to understand, or perhaps be understanding in some things. I am not advocating speaking/teaching/preaching things that are not the truth, what I am saying is that we do not know all the burdens/pressures/bondages/bindings of others.

I have known as 'friends' many Pastors. One gentleman that I knew, walked away from it, for he could not abide by that which he was bound unto as a Pastor in one particular denomination. I am not saying that all are like that, I am simply referring to one specific instance.

May you be blessed as you study.

In His love,

Richard

I am not advocating speaking/teaching/preaching things that are not the truth, what I am saying is that we do not know all the burdens/pressures/bondages/bindings of others.
though I understand what you are saying, I am unable to excuse it. We all have our "reasons" for what we do or don't do regarding the Word...but I am a very strong advocate of walking away from the things that are not truth. Things that are harmful to our walk with the Lord, and especially if I know that what is being told or what I am being ordered or forced into is false, but that's just me. :thumbsup: But I get your meaning Richard, I guess I've just seen so much falseness within some teachings and seen so many walk into great deceptions because of it. I realize that song cannot really affect me or what I know is truth, it was just one more example of people spouting without knowledge...

I fully and completely understand for I am the same.

May you be richly blessed,

Richard

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

For three days and three nights, rising on the first day of the week, the crucifixion had to be Wednesday.

The three kings did not show up until Jesus was two years old, but there they are every year at the nativity scenes.

Jesus ate unleavened bread at the passover and drank wine, but many denoms use goofy counterfeits like crackers and grape juice at the Lord's supper.

Christians don't pray anymore, or our nations wouldn't be such a mess.

We Christians are apparently no good at math, and don't pay attention to detail.

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God" 1 John 5:11-13

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9

:laugh:

Jesus ate unleavened bread at the Passover and drank wine, but many demons use goofy counterfeits like crackers and grape juice at the Lord's supper.

:)

Ouch!

:emot-heartbeat:

"But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come" 1 Corinthians 11:16-34

Thank You LORD Jesus

:24:

And the great thing is that no matter when he rose, it does not change the message of the gospel in anyway

:thumbsup:

Amen!

Sunday's Coming

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." Matthew 28:1-6

Believe

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" Romans 10:9

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Many thanks for your heart-felt exchange of thoughts. I enjoyed following the dialogue. There is good fellowship here...

This thread

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We as Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I heard a song that someone posted here yesterday about what Christ does for people today and what He did for us when He was crucified...the moment I heard "He died on a Friday" I turned the song off. It may not be a big deal for some people not to know the truth about it, but it is to me...I couldn't even give a critique of the song except to say nice because of it. Another thing that bothered me about it is that the poster of this song speaks constantly about false teaching and the horror of it, but I don't know they were even aware of what the song or the video really portayed. I don't want to be offensive you know? But words are important they are what show truth verses lie, light verses dark.

Shalom Poster,

What a hoot!! This is why I've been ignoring your posts of late and I guess I need to go back to doing so.

"The poster" needs to disguise your condemnation and false accusations better!! :mellow: :mellow: :42::emot-crying:

And "the poster"all the time talking about acceptance and grace!

The reason I posted the video is because it has wonderful redeeming qualities and is a HUGE blessing from a salvation and ministry standpoint, especially to the UNsaved who don't care WHAT day Jesus died! They just need to know that He died for them! s they grow in the faith, they can undertake studying this issue.

And Yes, I believe they are mistaken about the Friday reference, *DUH, of course I was aware* BUT, the day He died is not an essential to salvation, (the FACT He died is) so in these circumstances, we allow GRACE of beliefs. Something "the poster" might consider. :mellow:

There are people who call Resurrection "Easter" and who believe Jesus was crucified on Friday. We can share the truth with them, but in the end, it is NOT an essential of salvation and there is no wisdom in throwing out the baby with the bathwater. It's a shame "the poster" could not see the wonderful ministry and blessing in the video because "the poster" got offended by the use of "Friday." "The poster" missed out on the deeper message.