• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

An Israeli architect by the name of Moishe Safdie has prepared a plan for the next temple. He's not the only one but his plan is in the hands of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem. The Temple Institute, headed by Rabbi Chaim Richman is probably the best place to look for information on current plans for building the next temple. Rabbi Richman along with two other leading rabbis are believed to have discovered the exact location of the Holy Ark in the 1970s. Another rabbi by the name of Matitiyu HaCohen is preparing the priesthood. I have heard that they have enough of the correct lineage who are properly trained to renew temple worship as soon as the temple is ready. By the way, the genetic marker is for the line of Cohen which is the direct descendants of Aaron. That is the only known lineage that can be proven dating to the time of Egypt anyway.

I am certainly not a Preterit but I do not believe it is necessary for Jesus to enter through the Eastern Gate again. I think he did that with the triumphal entry. If He wants to do it again, however, no man made obstacle will effectively hinder Him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Hi guys,

I was just thinking about this subject this morning whilst I was working and I believe that there is a temple built in Jerusalem before the tribulation period or even during the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation period.

not sure when (date wise) it will be built, but the material for it are already on hand. they have located some of the original outer rooms/offices

up until recently, it was thought that the dome, was on top of the original temple foundation area, and it would have to come down prior to the temple being erected, but they have found out that the original temple is between there and the wall of the city.... measuring it out, they have found that the temple will fit real nice between the city and the mosque......

this is one item that does not have to be done prior to the Rapture, or it can be..... the way things are going now, it would not take very long to raise it up, could be done in a relatively short time, like just a couple years or so.....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I heard they already have the red heifer.

Interesting, I have been too far away these last 4 years and had not heard of this until now. Thank you for sharing. The last few possible red heifers I had heard of had been disqualified.

up until recently, it was thought that the dome, was on top of the original temple foundation area, and it would have to come down prior to the temple being erected, but they have found out that the original temple is between there and the wall of the city.... measuring it out, they have found that the temple will fit real nice between the city and the mosque......

Interesting, thank you for sharing that Mike.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

Hi Mike,

The way they build things today, I think it would only take a few months to build especially if they have all the equipment they need to build it already. When it comes to the rapture we might be around to see the new temple when it is built, but we won't be around when the son of perdition sets himself up as God in the temple.

Even without the fact that Revelation was written somewhere around 95AD there is no middle ground when Revelation 11 says God's temple and altar are to be measured and the outer court is to be trodden under foot by the Gentiles while the two prophets are prophecying out side in the streets of Jerusalem. There is no middle ground when the bible says it is the Holy city that is trodden under foot for 42 months, 1260 days, 0r 3 1/2 years which ever way it is to be said.

I was not referring unto middle ground with regard to the Scriptures. I was referring only to beliefs of people which are at one extreme or another.

No, it is the Temple that Jesus will sit in during the Millennium. It is a literal Temple and its desription is given in great detail in the last nine chapters of Ezekiel (40-49).

Jesus will sit on the throne of David and will rule the world for 1,000 years from Jerusalem. Israel will, in that day, become a theocracy and Jesus will enforce God's Torah with "a rod of iron." There are a lot of interesting facts concerning that Temple when you read Ezekiel.

As you can see, I am not a Amillennialist :laugh: I love my amillennial brothers and sisters, but this is one area I respectfully diverge from them theologically.

I hope this can be discussed patiently.

I also hope that it can.

Thank you for sharing Shiloh357.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

but what makes you so sure that this is a physical temple Paul speaks of...after all the great falling away is and has been occurring and the only temple that exists today is a spiritual temple to be of the church...and isn't it so that there are many antichrists among us even today who believe that the Lord God Himself is their God when in fact they are led by the son of perdition? Look at man, look at the church..look at the sin and abominations already occurring on this earth and the great deceptions that pervade all of society...has not the son of perdition come to sit on the thrones of man's heart already? :laugh:

can someone answer the questions please?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

If we take a look at Revelation 11 we will find it speaks of a physical building not a spiritual temple.

Revelation 11

The Two Witnesses

1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying,

Guest shiloh357
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

but what makes you so sure that this is a physical temple Paul speaks of...after all the great falling away is and has been occurring and the only temple that exists today is a spiritual temple to be of the church...and isn't it so that there are many antichrists among us even today who believe that the Lord God Himself is their God when in fact they are led by the son of perdition? Look at man, look at the church..look at the sin and abominations already occurring on this earth and the great deceptions that pervade all of society...has not the son of perdition come to sit on the thrones of man's heart already? :thumbsup:

Hi Jackie,

I do agree that there are many "anti-Christs" and the spirit of anti-Christ is the world. I think the problem is when we try to assert that such truths negate a future prophetic future known as "THE" anti-Christ.

Here is one way to look at it: The Bible uses the term "messiah" to refer to earthly Israelite kings such as David. However, those "messiahs" did not negate the coming of "THE" Messiah, Jesus. I see it the same way. There have been many "anti-Christs" all throughout history, but the text above from 2 Thessalonians seems to indicate a singular personality known as the son of perdition or man of sin as coming in the future.

Furthermore, as I previously indicated, the fact that we as believers are a spiritual temple both collectively and as individuals really has no bearing on the issue of whether or not a future temple will be built in Israel. Paul and Peter are simply using metaphorical language like when we are called the "body of Christ." The use of "temple" metaphors does not appear to indicate a negation of a future temple structure in the restored nation of Israel, at least not that I can see from Scripture.

If you have information or evidence that you feel is insconsistent with my findings, please present this for review.