• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

There were many church leaders in Asia Minor besides Polycrates who were contrary to, and refused to accept the authority of any Roman bishop when it was in conflict with biblical teachings.

Sun worship and celebrations related to sun worship were the most popular before and after Christianity came along so in order to seduce the pagans who refused to completely abandon their ceremonies, the Roman church leaders decided to adopt into the Christian holidays pagan rituals and celebrations by changing their names and reasons for the celebrations and practices linking them with Christian events and personalities and the celebration of Easter is no exception.

Long before the birth of Christ there were people who worshiped the sun and this religion dates back all the way to the tower of Babel. The name of this Sun god was Tammuz who in the Old Testament is known as Baal, Baalim, Bel, Molech and later known in the Roman world as Mithras, he was a man made deity by other men, he was the illegitimate son of Semiramis, who was the wife of Nimrod. For six thousand years she has been referred to as the

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Yeah, I mean the whole reserection is probably a pagan ritual, best we ignore it all.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

So when she wept over her son she called it lent, or is that you calling it lent.

one person does someting for 40 dyas and you equate this to the lent celebration.

I thought the number 40 showed up in the bible more than once, why pick this 40 days. How bout it rained for 40 days and nights before the new world was revealed or something and equate that with lent.

unless you can provide some real evidence that her mouring of 40 days is directly associated with the christian lent, I really think you should retract your inference.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

So when she wept over her son she called it lent, or is that you calling it lent.

one person does someting for 40 days and you equate this to the lent celebration.

I thought the number 40 showed up in the bible more than once, why pick this 40 days. How bout it rained for 40 days and nights before the new world was revealed or something and equate that with lent.

unless you can provide some real evidence that her mouring of 40 days is directly associated with the Christian lent, I really think you should retract your inference.

No the Roman church adopted the pagan ritual/right and changed the name to reflect Christ and His resurrection in stead of the pagan version. But that did't change that fact that it was and still is a pagan ritual and celebration.

No do the research. Find out for your self if what I say is true or false. It is obvious from your reply that you didn't bother to read the verse I quoted before you responded. The word in the verse is "women" as in plural or more then one. The bible doesn't say how many women there were it just says women as in more then one were weeping

Lent as we know it was not celebrated for the first 300 years of the church because the early church leaders, the disciples of Jesus, the disciples of the disciples of Jesus and many more new that it was a pagan celebration and they also knew that it was not a celebration that was sanctioned by God and not in the bible. It is a man made celebration started with and is rooted in paganism.

The number 40 in the bible is the number for probation. It represents "Divine order applied to earthly things" and the number for chronological perfection.

Unfortunately satan is always using and twisting that which God created for His own purposes which are always the opposite of God. Take the number 7 for example. In the bible the number 7 represents the perfection of God. But satan has twisted it into a "lucky number" and for most it represents something earthly, ugly and not of God.

You picked the fact that it rained for forty days and forty nights. But we should remember that the only reason God made it rain for forty days and forty nights is because man was so evil that God wiped out all except 8 souls and the number 8 represents a new beginning. Not a very good example to use.The bottom line here is that I didn't pick the the number 40 as in forty days, I happened upon it while I was doing some research and God confirmed it by speaking of Tammuz in His word.

Prove me wrong. Show me some scripture that sanctions Lent or even mentions it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

There have been numerous pagan ideas which have infected Christianity. One of them is a Savior who rises from the dead. We must always be on guard. Or the idea of the Trinity, this was put into place by a Roman Church Council; once again we need to really look at history to combat the influence these pagan ideas have had. The worst of course is the bible itself. Since what was to be included in the New Testament was finally determined by another Roman Council in the fourth century, how can we really trust that the bible we have today IS the actual and true bible?