• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

it is an all about ME thing.

Right on. I think that all visions and special insights are unique to those who are blessed enough to be singled out and humble enough to accept what is being shown as personally applying to them. However much it is possible, and it always is, to take the message and apply it to others, that is only an escape from accepting the message as personally given and personally intended.

You have been shown something that is special and personal between God and you. Isn't it fantastic that your Heavenly Father loves you so much that he has taken you aside from the crowd and spoken to you personally.

You are very blessed.

though I agree that when given such a blessed gift as a word from the Lord is meant for my personal growth, I would be remiss to believe that something such as what I was told was only for my benefit...as the words spoken talked to me and to many, was about me and about many and applied to me and to many. So I cannot believe that something spoken with a wide range of implication is something that is simply personal and to be kept between me and God......and if it was intended simply for my benefit, I can't imagine leaving my brothers and sisters out of such a profound statement that can benefit the entire church community.

When I say that it is a ME thing...I mean that we being the self centered beings we are make nearly everything a ME thing....

:rolleyes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I don't want us to veer away from this topic and turn it into what it is not, and yet with pondering the verses that I included esp Heb 5:12& 13, Heb 6:1&2 suggests softly to us all that as many of us who are no longer babes in Christ...perhaps we should move forward and beyond Christ crucified and concentrate on Christ resurrected and we with Him. :rolleyes:

I must wholeheartedly agree with you Jackie.

Including myself, many of us with 'christianity' have become dull of hearing. Here we are, and while I know there are always 'newborns' into the kingdom and such discussions will ever be necessary. I witness [and partake in] so many debates amoung those of us old enough in Christ Jesus that should be elementary to us by now. Here we are, nearly 2000 years later and we are still in need [not all of us] of being instructed in the elementary principles of our faith. I have seen this for many many years now and have at times been *deeply* saddened by it. And yet, I am as guilty as anyone else, if not more so.

Now Paul never suggests to any of us that we forget what He has done for us, neither do I. We must all make sure we remember from where we came, as Paul's examples continually speak. But our predecessor Paul, also continued forward from the cross to the resurrection and beyond to the ascension. As Paul's writings make clear through out, we have a higher calling as the priesthood, and the invitation of Him to learn of the deeper matters leaving the basic foundation in its place but not to return to them, as we then take on the characteristics of babes, who are dull of hearing and must be coddled and nurtured once again...

I fully agree Jackie. To forget from whence we came would indeed set us up for a fall. We would begin to think more highly of *ourselves* than we ought, thus taking our focus from where it should be, upon the Author and Perfecter of our faith, and placing it upon... us. Which is exactly within your vision: "but there are only a small portion or percentage who stick with the Truth and keep it about Him, the rest it is all about themselves..."

May be richly blessed as you have indeed blessed me Jackie,

Richard

I/we must decrease that He might increase.

though I agree that when given such a blessed gift as a word from the Lord is meant for my personal growth, I would be remiss to believe that something such as what I was told was only for my benefit...as the words spoken talked to me and to many, was about me and about many and applied to me and to many. So I cannot believe that something spoken with a wide range of implication is something that is simply personal and to be kept between me and God......and if it was intended simply for my benefit, I can't imagine leaving my brothers and sisters out of such a profound statement that can benefit the entire church community.

I can only speak from my own perspective. However I am glad you shared this Jackie, for it has hit me. It has without doubt given me cause to pause and reflect upon things.

As Nebula shared, there is depth within it that can be several fold.

When I say that it is a ME thing...I mean that we being the self centered beings we are make nearly everything a ME thing....

Regrettably, sad but true.

I/we must decrease that He might increase.

Amen.

My exact thoughts as I was writing the reply to you...

Let us not put the blame on the ministers and pastors.

I concur Patricia, let us each step up to the plate.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/26/1983

What a great message! Very thought provoking. Makes me want to double-check what I hear at any church I go to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Prophecy

I hope it gets the attention here it needs

Maybe it is because you have not acknowledged the "fullness of His Power" to overcome sin?

Suzanne, are you speaking directly to me, or when you say "you" is that a generalization?