• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I had a vision quite a while back that had not come to my mind until this evening as I was reading and studying Hebrews Chapters 4, 5, 6 & 7...

in my vision I was looking up and all of a sudden I see Christ hanging on the Cross, there is blood running down His body, I can see the cut marks across His body from being beaten, His hair is matted with blood and stuck to His face. Then He spoke to me. He said that the word is being preached by many but there are only a small portion or percentage who stick with the Truth and keep it about Him, the rest it is all about themselves.....I stood there and looked at Him until the vision ended.

What I am getting with having seen this vision again and having read these chapters in Hebrews I realize that Paul is telling us to let Christ down from that cross. He has come down from the cross and He through His sacrifice has perfected the law, there is no longer need for sacrifice and there is no need to continue to tell one another and ourselves that we must be seated at the foot of the cross in constant shame and confession of sins forgotten. He has come down from that old cross, why do we insist that is the only place we can feel comfortable with Him and how do we have a truthful and real relationship with One who is hanging and dying?

It is time to grow up in Christ...

Hbr 4:1 THEREFORE, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.

Hbr 4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Hbr 4:3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

"So I swore in My wrath,

'They shall not enter My rest,'"[fn1]

although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hbr 4:4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";[fn2]

Hbr 4:5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest."[fn3]

Hbr 4:6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

Hbr 5:11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Hbr 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

Hbr 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

Hbr 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hbr 6:1 THEREFORE, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

Hbr 6:2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Hbr 7:26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;

Hbr 7:27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Hbr 7:28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

it is an all about ME thing.

Right on. I think that all visions and special insights are unique to those who are blessed enough to be singled out and humble enough to accept what is being shown as personally applying to them. However much it is possible, and it always is, to take the message and apply it to others, that is only an escape from accepting the message as personally given and personally intended.

You have been shown something that is special and personal between God and you. Isn't it fantastic that your Heavenly Father loves you so much that he has taken you aside from the crowd and spoken to you personally.

You are very blessed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You are very blessed.

I'll second that.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Amen!

Hebrews 1:8

But of the Son He says," YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER,AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe it is because you have not acknowledged the "fullness of His Power" to overcome sin? I see this as the problem today. Many have not acknowledged that He has given us everything we need to have victory over sin in our lives and the darkness. He has conquered! He had victory EVEN OVER DEATH ITSELF, so surely He is the victor over every sin there is!

Matt. 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Acts 26:17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

2 Peter 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The blessings He brings us through imparting to us His Resurrection Life are manifold and lauditory, but we Christians must never forget WHAT HE WENT THROUGH to be able to impart these blessings to us.

To simply receive the gift, without acknowledging gratitude for the sacrifice of the Giver, seems small to the point of meanness, does it not?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Tsth, thank you so much for such an encouraging post this morning! :thumbsup::whistling: Daily I strive to die to self and live in Christ. Your post was very encouraging and a reminder what a blessed privilege it is to be able to do that. We hold on to our old ways, and dont want to give up certain areas, but when we do, it is so wonderful!

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The blessings He brings us through imparting to us His Resurrection Life are manifold and lauditory, but we Christians must never forget WHAT HE WENT THROUGH to be able to impart these blessings to us.

To simply receive the gift, without acknowledging gratitude for the sacrifice of the Giver, seems small to the point of meanness, does it not?

Amen, amen! Makes me think of what I have at the top of my signature, quoted from the song 'Amazing Love' :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would take it to mean that ministers today are not in the ministry for the right reason. They have moved away from putting the emphasis where it should be, on Christ and him crucified, and have placed in on themselves. Ministries today are more about personalities than Jesus. Even local churches are often built on the personality of the Pastor, rather than because the pure Word is being preached.

That was rather the impression I had, too. But it goes beyond ministers and ministries - many Christians regard their faith as "what it does for me," rather than centering their lives around Jesus. (I think we are all guilty of this in our own way and need to guard our hearts against it.) And I agree, the message of the Gospel has veered away from "Christ and Him crucified."

Thank-you for sharing Jackie!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

from the title of the topic,

I was almost immediately thinking it is because we keep trying to RE-CRUCIFY Him, over and over again, by not doing what He has told us to do...... we want to continue to live in the old ways with the benefits of the life we should have with Christ.

we want to have the security of salvation but do not wish to give up the booze, the drugs, the sex, we want them bad things washed away as soon as we get done for the day so that we can start again.....

known people that they did not care what they did on Friday or Saturday nights, cause they could go to confession again Sunday morning before service and get rid of it..... how many people really did the penance? 50 lordsprayers, 25 hailmarys...money in the poor box.....

we want to just sit in the pew with our salvation in our lap, and not share it with anyone.....

kind of like that old kids song...... magic penny...

love is like a magic penny, hold it tight, you wont have any, lend it, spend it, give it away, you'll have so many, they'll roll all over the floor.....

we hold on to what we have, and not share it... so in all essence, we are loosing what we have and do not even realize it.....

we really need to do what we were told to do....... being a Christian is not about just hanging out with those that already believe,

our faith in Christ should be such we will want to keep His Commandments and want to fulfill the Great Commission......

we are to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creatures, not just those that already believe.....

at an out reach one of the speakers came up and said, there is a cafe in town full of Christians, and none of them seem to know about this out reach...... at this rate, we will not have any offering.....

he had said this after three days with no one showing up..... he was paid for his expenses, and told that he was free to move on.... after he packed up and departed, people came by..... not many, but a total of 7...... four were from another area, three were local.... and those three are in church now because of that out reach...... offerings taken in? none....

there was even preaching and singing and praising and worshiping on going even when no one was visible in the park.... who knows, there might have been some one on a boat in the river, or fishing from the river bank, or in the woods, hiking....

we are told that in the end days, that vissions and dreams will be happening and that the Spirit will be poured out upon all flesh.... and our sons and our daughters ( not just male) will prophecie .... we need to pay attention to these things..... not discount them because we do not BELIEVE they are for today... for the Word of God already said they are....

mike