• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth

I was ... this is what He meant by the church. The pillar and ground of the truth are these very same believers. Do you think it is a building?

Matthew 18:17 And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican. 18 Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.

How does this make any sense unless there is a structure {organization} to the church. No, I am not talking about the bricks of a building. I am talking about the organization set up by Jesus. This entity is called his church. It has a structure, and organization and a visible leadership and authority.

So, we agree. Let's take it one step further. Do you think that only those in the offices in these churches are the only one's that the Holy Spirit teaches?

What does scripture say. What authority does God give the leaders of HIS Church. How does God choose to use the appointed leaders, as apposed to all believers. Look to scripture for the answer.

God Bless,

K.D.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Matthew 10:1,40

1 And having called his twelve disciples together, he gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of diseases, and all manner of infirmities.

40 He that receiveth you, receiveth me: and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.

So clearly we know that Jesus built his church using an orginisation and he started with the Apostles. We are talking about how do we know we are standing on firm teaching, So lets go back to where there is no argument. We know the Apostles were given power by God and were Gods representatives after pentacost. Jesus freely gives His authority to the apostles in order for them to effectively convert the world.

Buts lets look further and make sure:

Matthew 16: 19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

The apostles are given Christ's authority to make visible decisions on earth that will be ratified in heaven. God raises up humanity in Christ by exalting his chosen leaders and endowing them with the authority and grace they need to bring about the conversion of all. Without a central authority in the Church, there would be chaos

Luke 9:1 Then calling together the twelve apostles, he gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases

Jesus gives the apostles authority over the natural and the supernatural

Luke 22: 29 And I dispose to you, as my Father hath disposed to me, a kingdom; 30 That you may eat and drink at my table, in my kingdom: and may sit upon thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Father gives the kingdom to the Son, and the Son gives the kingdom to the apostles. The gift is transferred from the Father to the Son to the apostles.

Luke: 10:16 He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.

John 13: 20 Amen, amen I say to you, he that receiveth whomsoever I send, receiveth me; and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.

He who receives the apostles, receives Christ Himself. He who rejects the apostles rejects Christ.

So now does this authority and power stop with the Apostles?

Lets look to scripture for the answer.

God Bless,

K.D.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth

I was ... this is what He meant by the church. The pillar and ground of the truth are these very same believers. Do you think it is a building?

Matthew 18:17 And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican. 18 Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.

How does this make any sense unless there is a structure {organization} to the church. No, I am not talking about the bricks of a building. I am talking about the organization set up by Jesus. This entity is called his church. It has a structure, and organization and a visible leadership and authority.

So, we agree. Let's take it one step further. Do you think that only those in the offices in these churches are the only one's that the Holy Spirit teaches?

What does scripture say. What authority does God give the leaders of HIS Church. How does God choose to use the appointed leaders, as apposed to all believers. Look to scripture for the answer.

God Bless,

K.D.

You are not answering my question. You make statements that are against the Holy Spirits teaching of the individuals then tell me to go look it up. You have to back your statements with scripture.

In Him,

Alan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Lets give this a rest. We are going around in circles, and it has become pedantic