• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

Really it doesn't matter what pew you sit in on Sunday, or even if you don't sit in a pew at all, it is up to each individual Christian to read and study the Bible for themselves. The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and if what is being preached from the pulpit or practiced in the church does not appear in Scripture, then it's time to find another church. I think that people need to study Scripture and not just say "I'm a ____________________ (denomination of your choicd), and we believe such and such". Well, if "such and such" isn't Biblical and something that man has read into the Scripture, then that's wrong.

There's a church near me that has a marquee in front which says "One with God is a majority". I like that.

<>< ><>

Nathele

It does matter what pew you are sitting in because not everyone is preaching the Bible but you are right about having a relationship with God thoughand reading Gods word.Going to a place where the word isnt prreached can be life or death and the Bible says Do not forsake the assembling of the saints as some have already done I can understand what you are saying though you make a good point....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really it doesn't matter what pew you sit in on Sunday, or even if you don't sit in a pew at all, it is up to each individual Christian to read and study the Bible for themselves. The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and if what is being preached from the pulpit or practiced in the church does not appear in Scripture, then it's time to find another church. I think that people need to study Scripture and not just say "I'm a ____________________ (denomination of your choicd), and we believe such and such". Well, if "such and such" isn't Biblical and something that man has read into the Scripture, then that's wrong.

There's a church near me that has a marquee in front which says "One with God is a majority". I like that.

<>< ><>

Nathele

It does matter what pew you are sitting in because not everyone is preaching the Bible but you are right about having a relationship with God thoughand reading Gods word.Going to a place where the word isnt prreached can be life or death and the Bible says Do not forsake the assembling of the saints as some have already done I can understand what you are saying though you make a good point....

Really it doesn't matter what pew you sit in on Sunday, or even if you don't sit in a pew at all, it is up to each individual Christian to read and study the Bible for themselves. The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and if what is being preached from the pulpit or practiced in the church does not appear in Scripture, then it's time to find another church. I think that people need to study Scripture and not just say "I'm a ____________________ (denomination of your choicd), and we believe such and such". Well, if "such and such" isn't Biblical and someth

Great Question. And actually one that is answered in scripture.

:)

Answers In Scripture

Christians Believe On The Name Of The Son Of God

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

1 John 5:11-13

Christians Believe Jesus Saves

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

1 Corinthians 2:2

Christians Believe God

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:16-18

Christians Believe

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Still waiting on some feedback?

This is a very important question. One more people should be asking themselves. I see it as really having two parts, How do we know when some one is "preaching" a mixed message, part truth and part lie, But maybe even more important is, how do we know that we ourselves are not following a mixed message, part truth and part lie.

That is where we need to turn to scripture and see what Gods tells us. God tells us to have faith in him and he will guide us. He then tells us how he will guide us and gives us his promise that his plan will never fail. NEVER. It is quite simple. Follow Gods plan for HIS church and you are assured by the very promise of God. What more do we need?

(Matt. 16:18) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And the New Testament itself declares the Church to be "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Do we trust God, or do you believe that the Gates of hell did prevail? Do we trust God that the Church is the pillar of truth? Notice this is telling them how to behave while in the house of God which is the Church. Not some mystical non-defined group of people, and not some individual claiming this authority.

2 Thess. 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Hebrews 13, 17 Obey your prelates, and be subject to them. For they watch as being to render an account of your souls; that they may do this with joy, and not with grief. For this is not expedient for you

Acts Of Apostles 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that some going out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls; to whom we gave no commandment: 25 It hath seemed good to us, being assembled together, to choose out men, and to send them unto you, with our well beloved Barnabas and Paul:

2 Timothy 2: 1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace which is in Christ Jesus: 2 And the things which thou hast heard of me by many witnesses, the same commend to faithful men, who shall be fit to teach others also.

If we follow Gods design we are standing on his promise.....A very nice place to be.

The Bulwark of Gods truth is His Church. God promises to guide his church and we can KNOW his truth is protected by his church. That is what scripture says. Yet we find a very popular idea that we as individuals will be guided by the Holy spirit to protect his truth. Scripture gives this promise and authority to the Church not the individual. Therefore to make this claim as an individual you would have to claim that you are the church, for God made the church the bulwark not the individual. So if you claim that you can grab scripture and by yourself, discern all truth and protect it, you have in essence made yourself the Church, or at lease claimed to be so. This of course is ludicrous. We individually are not the Church, and scripture does not give us individuals the authority of protecting Gods truth as given to us in scripture and the traditions taught by the Apostles. Yet over and over again so many claim this right which God did not give. We are part of the church. We have a small part to play. The promise of the Holy Spirit to guide the church is not a promise to us individually. It is a promise to us as a whole. It is a promise to the structure that Jesus started. If we go outside of that structure, which God chooses to use, we can not be secure in this promise. We open ourselves to deception and self delusion.

Now don't try to imply from this that I am saying you should not read scripture. I did not, and am not implying that in any way shape or form.

One must also consider if a pastors sin is a good enough excuse for us to stop going to church? Not according to scripture. Scripture tells us to follow those that are approved and to withdraw from those that are not. That is simply what scripture says. Those are not my words, but Gods words. We also know that God chose to use flawed men in the Apostles to carry out his ministry, and it is through these flawed men guided by the Holy Spirit that he promises to continue his church for every generation. This is Gods plan, even when it doesn't make sense to us.

Now this begs the question,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Still waiting on some feedback?

This is a very important question. One more people should be asking themselves. I see it as really having two parts, How do we know when some one is "preaching" a mixed message, part truth and part lie, But maybe even more important is, how do we know that we ourselves are not following a mixed message, part truth and part lie.

That is where we need to turn to scripture and see what Gods tells us. God tells us to have faith in him and he will guide us. He then tells us how he will guide us and gives us his promise that his plan will never fail. NEVER. It is quite simple. Follow Gods plan for HIS church and you are assured by the very promise of God. What more do we need?

(Matt. 16:18) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And the New Testament itself declares the Church to be "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Do we trust God, or do you believe that the Gates of hell did prevail? Do we trust God that the Church is the pillar of truth? Notice this is telling them how to behave while in the house of God which is the Church. Not some mystical non-defined group of people, and not some individual claiming this authority.

2 Thess. 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Hebrews 13, 17 Obey your prelates, and be subject to them. For they watch as being to render an account of your souls; that they may do this with joy, and not with grief. For this is not expedient for you

Acts Of Apostles 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that some going out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls; to whom we gave no commandment: 25 It hath seemed good to us, being assembled together, to choose out men, and to send them unto you, with our well beloved Barnabas and Paul:

2 Timothy 2: 1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace which is in Christ Jesus: 2 And the things which thou hast heard of me by many witnesses, the same commend to faithful men, who shall be fit to teach others also.

If we follow Gods design we are standing on his promise.....A very nice place to be.

The Bulwark of Gods truth is His Church. God promises to guide his church and we can KNOW his truth is protected by his church. That is what scripture says. Yet we find a very popular idea that we as individuals will be guided by the Holy spirit to protect his truth. Scripture gives this promise and authority to the Church not the individual. Therefore to make this claim as an individual you would have to claim that you are the church, for God made the church the bulwark not the individual. So if you claim that you can grab scripture and by yourself, discern all truth and protect it, you have in essence made yourself the Church, or at lease claimed to be so. This of course is ludicrous. We individually are not the Church, and scripture does not give us individuals the authority of protecting Gods truth as given to us in scripture and the traditions taught by the Apostles. Yet over and over again so many claim this right which God did not give. We are part of the church. We have a small part to play. The promise of the Holy Spirit to guide the church is not a promise to us individually. It is a promise to us as a whole. It is a promise to the structure that Jesus started. If we go outside of that structure, which God chooses to use, we can not be secure in this promise. We open ourselves to deception and self delusion.

Now don't try to imply from this that I am saying you should not read scripture. I did not, and am not implying that in any way shape or form.

One must also consider if a pastors sin is a good enough excuse for us to stop going to church? Not according to scripture. Scripture tells us to follow those that are approved and to withdraw from those that are not. That is simply what scripture says. Those are not my words, but Gods words. We also know that God chose to use flawed men in the Apostles to carry out his ministry, and it is through these flawed men guided by the Holy Spirit that he promises to continue his church for every generation. This is Gods plan, even when it doesn't make sense to us.

Now this begs the question,

Guest Biblicist

This is very good, I like your use of scripture to support your views. :mgfrog:

But, you lost me here.

I'm not sure where you are getting that from? :(

Now this begs the question, "Well then how do we know if this pastor has been approved by God or is just making that claim?"

Guess what, scripture give us that answer as well.

God Bless,

K.D.

:32:1 Timothy 5:17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, "Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages." 19 Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses. 20 Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that the others may take warning.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

But, you lost me here.

I'm not sure where you are getting that from? :thumbsup:

(Matt. 16:18) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Here we see that the Gates of hell will not prevail against "IT" the "IT" is Gods Church. So we need to understand what is Gods church.

(1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. This verse does not make sense if "Church" is an invisible spiritual connection of all believers.

Eph. 3:9 And to enlighten all men, that they may see what is the dispensation of the mystery which hath been hidden from eternity in God, who created all things: 10 That the manifold wisdom of God may be made known to the principalities and powers in heavenly places through the church,

Gods Church, as set up by Jesus has a structure to it. And it is this church build on top of the structure given to us by Jesus through the Apostles and Prophets that is the pillar and ground of the truth.

John, 16: 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall show you. Notice here Jesus is talking to the Apostles. The Spirit will guide the Apostles, the very foundation that God builds his Church Upon using Jesus as their cornerstone, and the Holy Spirit as their guide.

Too many people try to make themselves Gods church. They are part of the Church but they are not the Church.

Acts Of Apostles 20:28 Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Ephesians 5:23 Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject to Christ, so also let the wives be to their husbands in all things. 25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it: Christ is head of the Church and we see Jesus set up his church with a structure, a foundation, which taught other men who were approved who then continued to lead his church for every generation. 2 Timothy 2: 1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace which is in Christ Jesus: 2 And the things which thou hast heard of me by many witnesses, the same commend to faithful men, who shall be fit to teach others also.

In fact it is through the unity of his followers that Jesus is revealed:

John, 17:21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation in which you are called, 2 With all humility and mildness, with patience, supporting one another in charity. 3 Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 One body and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling. 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Again this brings us back to how do we know our Bishop who is appointed by the Holy spirit to rule the church was actually appointed by the Holy Spirit.

Can anyone find examples of how Jesus set this up for us to know. And what do you think might happen if we are following a "Bishop" who did not follow Gods plan as given to us in scripture?

God Bless,

K.D.

ps, Onelight; Thanks for your opinion but I think it is best if we make sure we are following what scripture is telling us. everything I have said is straight from the scriptures I am posting.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

ps, Onelight; Thanks for your opinion but I think it is best if we make sure we are following what scripture is telling us. everything I have said is straight from the scriptures I am posting.

Then you won't mind answering the questions I ask. According to scripture, are the gifts of the Spirit active in todays church? Is the Holy Spirit that sealed us upon salvation also our helper, teacher, comforter and convicts us of sin? Does He guide us in our decisions and pray for us when we know not what to pray?

About the church, are all churches equal and blessed by God, or do you have one particular church in mind?

Guest Biblicist
(Matt. 16:18) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Here we see that the Gates of hell will not prevail against "IT" the "IT" is Gods Church. So we need to understand what is Gods church.

(1 Tim. 3:15). But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. This verse does not make sense if "Church" is an invisible spiritual connection of all believers.

Eph. 3:9 And to enlighten all men, that they may see what is the dispensation of the mystery which hath been hidden from eternity in God, who created all things: 10 That the manifold wisdom of God may be made known to the principalities and powers in heavenly places through the church,

Gods Church, as set up by Jesus has a structure to it. And it is this church build on top of the structure given to us by Jesus through the Apostles and Prophets that is the pillar and ground of the truth.

John, 16: 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall show you. Notice here Jesus is talking to the Apostles. The Spirit will guide the Apostles, the very foundation that God builds his Church Upon using Jesus as their cornerstone, and the Holy Spirit as their guide.

Too many people try to make themselves Gods church. They are part of the Church but they are not the Church.

Acts Of Apostles 20:28 Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Ephesians 5:23 Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject to Christ, so also let the wives be to their husbands in all things. 25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it: Christ is head of the Church and we see Jesus set up his church with a structure, a foundation, which taught other men who were approved who then continued to lead his church for every generation. 2 Timothy 2: 1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace which is in Christ Jesus: 2 And the things which thou hast heard of me by many witnesses, the same commend to faithful men, who shall be fit to teach others also.

In fact it is through the unity of his followers that Jesus is revealed:

John, 17:21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation in which you are called, 2 With all humility and mildness, with patience, supporting one another in charity. 3 Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 One body and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling. 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

I get that the Church is set up by God, and the order. This is good. :thumbsup: What I don't get is your idea that the Holy Spirit is not for individuals? :thumbsup: Personally, I believe it is both, individual and universal.

Again this brings us back to how do we know our Bishop who is appointed by the Holy spirit to rule the church was actually appointed by the Holy Spirit.

Can anyone find examples of how Jesus set this up for us to know. And what do you think might happen if we are following a "Bishop" who did not follow Gods plan as given to us in scripture?

God Bless,

K.D.

The Apostles set up the Bishops [episkopē] and Elders [presbyteros]. The leaders of the church. Episcope and Presbyteros...sound so familure to me. :emot-handshake::24:

And 1 Timothy 1 & 2 Peter 2, give us guidelines so we can identify False Teachers. He also tells us that we are to be as the Bereans and search the scriptures for ourselves to see if what we taught is true. Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Without the personal guidance of the Holy Spirit, how were 'these' able to search the scriptures daily and discern whether or not Paul and Silas were teaching them the Truth?