• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I do not know how many here at worthywere first born. I was. There is a tremendous amount of attention that comes with the firstborn. I have no doubt of the love Jacob had for Him, although Reuben was born of leah...There was very little rejection. I am sure as well that he became aware as a child that he could bring Jacob closer to Leah. Children are fast learners.

Jacob says about his son that he was his firstborn, my might, the beginning of my strength, excellency of my power, my dignity. What a wonderful statement to make about a son.

I being born of another wasn't any less loved by God. Which for me was a hard concept. I wish our parents would actually turn to us and tell us the wonderful things they see in us.

Within that word also was a mention of His weakness. Rueben I also see as a lover, a passionate man. He was unstable , and slept with His dads wife?concubine or Rachels maid servant, Bilhah. which ever we are to call her. He was sensitive not wanting to have Joseph killed... saved His live. He had a right Spirt so to speak compared to the others.

I do not know if Reuben knew what the mandrakes did or perhaps He did. They may have beed a type of opiate. Some sort of narcotic. It excites the nerves and is a stimulant. Size of a small apple. The arabs call it the devils apple.

He brought to his mom to signify his love for her I believe. She gave them to Rachel

When I first got saved I was unstable in many things. My lack of knowledge and wisdom could have killed me off. Ignorance is bliss ....only sometimes. When the honeymoon period was over I thought God Left me. My passion for Jesus was still there but so were other passions I had to cry out to Jesus about.

There are a lot of reubenites in the body of Christ and thank goodness for we need them. They really are bitterness free. Although Joseph was the first born of Rachel and He was the first born of Leah he must have seen the difference relationship wise...yet did not want any harm to come to him...

He could have thought to himself...Yeah..let them kill Joseph and then I'll be number one..but he didn't.

After going to Joseph while Joseph was in Egypt and asked for Benjamin He returned to His father Jacob and offered his two sons to be killed by Jacob if anything happened to Benjamin. Genesis 42:36

Maybe he not knowing Joseph was alive the thought of atonement for the deaths of his brothers.

How many of us live with guilt of a sin? Well Jesus atoned for that sin.

Reubenites much rather be in the field than in war.

Do you think He may have been on the wrong side of Jordon. He lived to be 125 yrs old I believe I believe also that after Jacob was warned about his sons He prayed for them. I praise the Lord that The reubenites Lived and were a good people in spite of their weakness.

Overcoming...Reuben had done for he did not continue in His sin.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone reply? :emot-pinochio:

was not ephriam Josephs line. And did not the promise of increase, victories in war and leadership happen?

Yes and yes.

I am following the thread, if I see a place in which I may offer some contribution, I will not hesitate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sorry, patricia -

I don't have anything to add.

I'm just sitting back and listening.

I am finding this quite interesting and educational.

:whistling:

Hi sweety...Thank-you for stopping by...I was beginning to think people are not interested.. Thank-you so much... :emot-pray:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You're welcome! :emot-pray:

I look forward to learning about the rest!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm following along also Mz. P! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

patricia1 - really like what you've posted particularly in post 9.

Gen 29:32 "And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me." According to Matthew Henry CC, the children's names reflected her regard for God and her husband. To me, this name seems to be more centered on herself - but perhaps that's just me.

Though some believe that after Rachel died, Jacob had developed feelings for Leah because he buried her next to his parents (Gen 49:31) and later was buried next to her himself. (burial request is Gen 47:30 and the procession is in Gen. 50).

In regards to Reuben, I didn't see it mentioned but I could have overlooked it - He offered two of his own four sons to be killed if he did not bring Benjamin back to Jacob. Jacob also said Reuben was "my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:..." Yet said he was "unstable as water"

Also, later why did the Reuben tribe want to live in an area that was not in the land that was promised, the land of Canaan? Why did they want to separate from the other tribes? Sorry if this has already been addressed

They must have been a concern to Moses based on his blessing to them Deu 33:6 Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few.

Yes reuben did offer his two sons..and I think because of their nature they did like to fight. They were passionate people as well I would rather believe they did not want to leave home but the word says they rather be lovers than fighters. I never did any research and learning to see if there were spirtual significance between the twelve apostles and the tribes. We can see a little bit of ourselves in these 12 and wonder if one can find their spiritual tribe. I will return to write more... Thanks

Even the names of the woman have a meaning. Leah meaning tired exhausted, efforts in vain.

Rachel~~ mother of the sheep

Bilah~~ Fear, dread,timid

Zilpah~~wet with myrrh, drop. intamacy.

I just find it all fascinating. When I was pregnant I was searching for a name for my daughter and searched through a lot of biblical names. After days of research I had a dream and Jesus called her emily. I knew it was a girl then. I was 3.5 mos pregnant...

I was like emily?!

What happened to all the nice biblical names Lord? But you learn one can protest but God gets what he wants anyway. So I put her middle name as ellen which is on of my granmoms. And then realised that my other granmom was Emma.

With her whole name including the german last name it means 'Diligent bearer of light by foot' God knew what he wanted. She does bring love and light wherever She goes. I am not saying this cos I am her mom. I have heard it from her teachers, fellow christians, the lunchroom lady!

Reuben did not loose too many going to canaan like the simeonites.

Judges 5:15 For the division of the reuben there were great thought of heart, Why abodest among the sheepfold, to hear the bleating of the flocks? For the division of reuben there was great searchings of Heart."

They did not know where to put these people.

He was not only divided by the Jordan but he was also divided by his way of thinking When deborah called for help Reuben called a counsel and stayed with the sheep. The bleating I believe signifies his mockery of them.

There are many persons today who do not like to confront. Don't like to get involved...keep the peace at any terms..

Reuben failed in His our of testing, spiritual testing.

They had great warring strength 1 chronicles 5:18. 1chronicles 5:26

But although he had lost his birthright and the intercesstion of Moses and his father and when really needed at Mt sinai the pray was poure out and they were ready for battle and he is still part of the twelve tribes today..thier future was sealed.

The positioning of this tribe in the tabernacle was also important, in the south. The tribes needed to get along and compliment each other. One cannot connect a toe bone to a arm bone there is no working of harmony.

Same in the churches of today...

Ezekiel states he will restore honor and dignity to reuben 48:31

Even if we fall in spite of our weaknesses , The father is always wanting restoration, to him, to others.

I guess reuben is completed now.

Are ther anything of thought anyone wants to add or more info...? I am fine with it!!