• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Sorry guys...

I was going to start with Moses' prophecy but I will start with Jacobs which we know all to well that simeon both were within the same word.

The way to translate 'instruments of cruelity are in their habitations' can render as instruments of anger are in their nature. I often wondered why they two were cruel. Never figuring it was just who they were.

It is a wierd thing that there are three sisters including myself, all of us from the same parents and all of us grew up in the same house together and yet we are so different in many ways but still have a resemblance to each other.

Well anyway... they bothe judged and enforce cruel punishment when that anger came up. If with children we discipline ..not cruely. God does the same with us, His children.

The word instruments Keliy means something already prepared, a weapon forged, implement.

So a instrument is made...either self made or divinely made. The anvil of life is where we are layed upon and with fire and trials it can be a weapon to destroy others or a blessing for Our Gods use.

Thier anger and Levites anger are thier weakness. They could have turned to God prior to Genesis 49:6 but did not. Jacob knew this was not righteousness, but put them two together and it is a disaster. I know beautiful people who would never think of doing certain thins that are done when they come together with another of the same charecter.

Parents somehow know to forbid their children from hanging around with certain people and we always think this is unreasonable to us. Jacob never agreed to the unrighteous counsel and we should be careful of the same.

Honor can not unite with secret violence or anger God knows anyway.

Since I was the queen of ecuse I can hear these two talking saying "Well the shechimites were a people a awfully ungodly bunch. Killing, and raping. Hey they even tried to steal our grandmothers.

In effect they thought they did a good thing. Getting rid of those nasty people who raped their sister. there was no excuse for self made revenge. God shook His head....NO!

In our world today so many rejoice in anothers downfall and yet the meanest ungodly group Jesus did not belive should have been wiped out.

So ruebens sin and weakness was the passion of lust

simeon and Levi---passion of anger. I will be back with more.... selah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That is interesting as well.

It is also interesting to compare this event, after the Israelites sinned with the Golden calf:

Exodus 32

26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, "Whoever is for the Lord, come to me." And all the Levites rallied to him. 27 Then he said to them, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'" 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

• Group:  Diamond Member

oh...Nebula..you are such a blessing ... I was looking for that spot to show comparison to the anointed call of God to do the will of God verses the fleshly will using the same 'instrument of anger' unwisely and before Gods appointed time in the spiritual maturing process.

It is exciting to see two sisters share like this and our brothers as well and we are in accord... oh halleluja and thank-you Jesus so much and let us all be given your eyes to see and ears to hear what the Holy Spirit speaks in such a Greater way.....Amen

MOSES' PROPHECY

I sat back for a while just to think about moses, for I relate to him a awful lot. Everything he went through, the call he had, the fellowship he had with our Lord and he couldn't cross over into the promised Land! I think to myself how sad.

Moses was a Levite and the personality did fit him. He had anger management issues and often I wonder why he had difficulty just giving it over to the Lord. But then again I see him gracious and only God knows if i was in Moses shoes my reactions may have been worse :noidea:

The one thing I want to say is that we need to be careful ourselves of murmuring and complaining as the Israelites did going to the promised land and taken it!

The Levites were called to be the deliverer of Gods chosen people and went through their own Gethsamene having to learn the weaknesss of their anger and there horrific judgemental injustices. Working around these people would be scarey cause in a moments flash you can be left in their wake of destruction.

The word Holy used by Moses to describe Levi chaciyd. It is only use this once in the bible. It means Godly, saintly and yes, even merciful. Was Moses nutz?! No. He saw what God saw, the finished product.

At the bottom of mount Sainai He instructed Simeone and levi to kill those who were celebrating and worshipping the Golden calf.

Can you imagine recieving a order like that! And then doing it!? 3000 men were killed that day...all because of idolatry. Levi and simeone killing there famililies and friends. They cleaned up the dross, the unclean to keep the rest of the people clean. That is what Jesus does.

Jesus takes us as we are and then scrubs us clean with His anointed water, The Holy Spirit and then rubs us down with oil, The oil of anointing.

The blessin of a levite is that he can be around all manner of confusion, strife, complaining ungrateful , angry and fearful people and because of His anointing and relationship with God, take up the rod of authority and stike at the hard places to have something beautiful come from it.

Deuteronomy 33;9 was a pronouncement of fulfillment of exodus 32:25-29.

For the longest time I did not understand Deut: 33:9 It took a great price to stand on Gods side and it will for us also. Selah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yay - you wrote again!

He had anger management issues and often I wonder why he had difficulty just giving it over to the Lord.

My former pastor worked with an assistant pastor who also had a psych degree of some kind, a trained counselor (or maybe he had one of the psych titles - I can't recall). Anyway, once in a while as my pastor was preparing sermons that dealt with Biblical characters, he would ask for input on them from the psychological standpoint. With Moses, they had discussed his anger and why he would have this problem. To sum it up, it is possible that his having been raised by his parents as if he belonged to someone else, and then being ripped from his home at the age of 7 could have resulted in the hurt and confusion that manifested in his anger problem. Interesting.

Deut. 33

8 And of Levi he said: "Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with Your holy one, Whom You tested at Massah, And with whom You contended at the waters of Meribah, 9 Who says of his father and mother, 'I have not seen them'; Nor did he acknowledge his brothers, Or know his own children; For they have observed Your word And kept Your covenant. 10 They shall teach Jacob Your judgments, And Israel Your law. They shall put incense before You, And a whole burnt sacrifice on Your altar. 11 Bless his substance, Lord, And accept the work of his hands; Strike the loins of those who rise against him, And of those who hate him, that they rise not again."

The word Holy used by Moses to describe Levi [is] chaciyd. It is only use this once in the bible. It means Godly, saintly and yes, even merciful.

Are you referring to the first sentence - "Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with Your holy one"?

OK, sorry, I have to correct you on something, though:

Deut. 32

26 then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, "Whoever is on the Lord's side--come to me." And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him. 27 And he said to them, "Thus says the Lord God of Israel: 'Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.' " 28 So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day. 29 Then Moses said, "Consecrate yourselves today to the Lord, that He may bestow on you a blessing this day, for every man has opposed his son and his brother."

The Levites were the only one who enacted this punishment/cleansing.

Hi nebula...yes it was all the levites...sorry about that. and yes I think that the only place the word is used is the 'Holy' one.

I would have loved to have heard that...the psychological views because when I read , look at most of the people i often look at what todays world would say. The ark wouldn't have been built. Thety would have said Jesus had a savior complex....Lol. King David would have been in prison...etc. Peter would have been on thorazine or serequel. LOL Timothy would be on paxil to calm his fears and anxiety....

oh p.s. I think thats what you were correcting.... if not you need to be plainer for me. Yourr heart is good, tender towards the Lord as well as me and your correction does not offend. thanks